Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

LuxLucid wrote:Also curious if pitch shift feature via wheel, or even just a feature in editor, is planned? That is, pitch shift without stretching ;p
We plan to license the best pitch shift algo available on the market if we get enough funds :)

I'm failing to see the big draw of hosting VSTs and sampling them. Not much difference from rendering your VSTs to audio and opening up in a sampler for tweaking. Maybe Bliss is quicker and speeds up your workflow some? Not sure how I would use this.

Now I don't want to start yet another GUI war. There's no point arguing about taste.

However I believe it's good to keep in mind that a Graphical User Interface is, as the name suggest, a tool. As such it is (or should be) designed to suit it's purpose. A display is supposed to be read. So the designer tries to make it readable. This is his first aim. The second is to make it look nice. Never the opposite.

When the pilot is about to land the aircraft he want to be certain that the wheels are down and locked. If the display giving him that information looks cooler then good and proper - well...

Custom colors is a great way to let every user adjust the colors of every aspect of the GUI to suit his or hers needs, eyes and taste. As a difference from static GUIs a themeable and resizable GUI can satisfy the needs and taste of more users.

Now, regarding the GUI I would like to suggest an additional feature.

While visually impaired people, like me, are a minority in the plugin community those with other eye problems are not. Myopia is for instance fairly common.

Therefore some might want a different font size. Now you can of course adjust that a bit by resizing the entire GUI. However while one might want or need a different font size one may not want or need a larger GUI- by various reasons (screen resolution, low field view, overview issues et cetera).

Therefore I suggest making the font size of the audio/program browser customizable.
There can , of course be a limit, to , say, 32 pix or so.

Why the audio browser?

First of all, This is the part of the GUI where you really need to see properly what you're doing. You can always learn where a certain knob is. And/or you can assign it to your MIDI controller. Besides adjusting font size of labels can create problems with their placements.

But the audio browser is different. And the importance of really see what's there is critical.

This looks really promising, although on the product page it looks like Bliss can only export 16-bit WAVs?

Why not 24-bit?

stikygum wrote:I'm failing to see the big draw of hosting VSTs and sampling them. Not much difference from rendering your VSTs to audio and opening up in a sampler for tweaking. Maybe Bliss is quicker and speeds up your workflow some? Not sure how I would use this.
Most people probably are using a rompler to tweak frozen sounds instead of a true sampling software.
Bliss lets you control many details when sampling a sound, so people with nice midi controllers having high quality velocity sensitivity, and aftertouch, can sample with more detail, that might be lost on a very basic midi device.

Having great performance expression available for your very favorite sounds,
for a good price is hard to pass up!

There are people whose computers might be too weak for some sounds from
a synth like Diva in it's 'divine mode', who could craft a more playable version
of the sound using Bliss, and then actually perform with it expression.
Cheers

sfd wrote: Therefore I suggest making the font size of the audio/program browser customizable.
There can , of course be a limit, to , say, 32 pix or so.
Thanks for the detailed feedback! Bliss font sizes scale with GUI size, if you mean dialog boxes, it's up to the OS, not the plugin, unless we do a custom one, which may be considered but at this moment is not the highest priority. We need to reduce interpolation CPU usage, among a long list of fixes first.
UltimateOutsider wrote:This looks really promising, although on the product page it looks like Bliss can only export 16-bit WAVs?

Why not 24-bit?
Bliss programs / banks get saved in FLAC 24-bit. We will eventually add 24-bit WAV export support.

Quick video tutorial meanwhile manual arrives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jdt3K6gLYs

Can you try to change the thing that you must Turn off (Close) the plugin for playing the real result of Bliss.
This would help a lot ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

George wrote:
LuxLucid wrote:Also curious if pitch shift feature via wheel, or even just a feature in editor, is planned? That is, pitch shift without stretching ;p
We plan to license the best pitch shift algo available on the market if we get enough funds :)
All fingers crossed! That would be stellar.

MillerSam wrote:Can you try to change the thing that you must Turn off (Close) the plugin for playing the real result of Bliss.
This would help a lot ;)
Already on Beta 2 :) In fact you can see it on the video above.

glokraw wrote:
stikygum wrote:I'm failing to see the big draw of hosting VSTs and sampling them. Not much difference from rendering your VSTs to audio and opening up in a sampler for tweaking. Maybe Bliss is quicker and speeds up your workflow some? Not sure how I would use this.
Most people probably are using a rompler to tweak frozen sounds instead of a true sampling software.
Bliss lets you control many details when sampling a sound, so people with nice midi controllers having high quality velocity sensitivity, and aftertouch, can sample with more detail, that might be lost on a very basic midi device.

Having great performance expression available for your very favorite sounds,
for a good price is hard to pass up!

There are people whose computers might be too weak for some sounds from
a synth like Diva in it's 'divine mode', who could craft a more playable version
of the sound using Bliss, and then actually perform with it expression.
Cheers
I think a more likely use case is if you need to take your sounds with you on the road, or send them to a bandmate, without having the plugin installed. Of course a more practical application would be sampling your hardware, but I can see cases where vsti sampling would be useful.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

:?: Sorry, from another topic I noticed user messages that Bliss can do \ has a play mode like granular ? (What I not found in the feature list).
Or i did not understand something

c_voltage wrote::?: Sorry, from another topic I noticed user messages that Bliss can do \ has a play mode like granular ? (What I not found in the feature list).
Or i did not understand something
I think you can do granular stuff with sample start/end positions. They can be assigned to macro knobs and modulated by LFOs, so yes.

I'm still developing the manual and this will be covered as well. Cheers!

George wrote:I think you can do granular stuff with sample start/end positions. They can be assigned to macro knobs and modulated by LFOs, so yes.
Oh, In this way, also not bad, thank George.
Will have to try.

In general, also i like the idea of rendering plug-in's inside sampler.
If I am not mistaken once upon a time in the HighLife had this ability, but later was removed (?) I watched a few times a list of features of HighLife later release, and constantly was deja vu, that there must be something else, or it was in another sampler :D Now good that it's back, imo very useful feature.

You could some some tips on the video below :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmdvJgX0XG0

Return to “Instruments”