SynthMaster AND SynthMaster Player updated to v2.7.6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

excessional wrote:OK - I'm getting a crash whenever I try to load up SM2.6 or 2.7 (factory) in Sonar Platinum (the brand new upgrade - Ipswich).
If I have a project with SM Player 2.6 or 2.7 already in it works fine in Sonar.
Using Sonar X3 it all worked fine as well.
Cakewalk made it very unfriendly to download and install even the demo version of Sonar.

Please try to do a CLEAN installation

i.e.

1. delete my documents/synthmaster folder
2. delete c:\program files\vstplugins\kv331 audio folder
3. delete c:\program files\kv331 audio folder
4. delete c:\users\public\public documents\synthmastertemp27 folder
5. reinstall

Did you try to install BOTH 2.6 and 2.7 in different folders side by side? We do not support that yet.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Some feedback from a problem that stumped me for a couple days, maybe it will help others.
I have Player, I downloaded the new (2.7.6) version using the option that sends the link to my email.
I installed it, but it did not show the Factory Presets, only the KVR OSC73 Users Bank.
I went "whatever" and downgraded to 2.7.4.
Some days passed, and (just some minutes ago) I decided to try to install 2.7.6 again, this time I unpacked both 2.7.4 and 2.7.6 ZIP files, and ended up noticing the "SynthMasterPlayerLicenceKey.txt" file from 2.7.6 version had a different file size.
Then I dragged the old txt file from 2.7.4 and replaced the new one, and now it loaded the Factory Presets, phew...
Maybe there is a problem in the process that generates the custom ZIP files?

pottering wrote: Then I dragged the old txt file from 2.7.4 and replaced the new one, and now it loaded the Factory Presets, phew...
Maybe there is a problem in the process that generates the custom ZIP files?
No there is no problem. I guess for some reason the licence key file can not be copied to the destination folder.

Yes starting in version 2.7 licence key file size increased because it has a longer key code now.

EDIT: I am releasing a hotfix for this so at least the user will be informed if the license key file can not be read or is older version.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
excessional wrote:OK - I'm getting a crash whenever I try to load up SM2.6 or 2.7 (factory) in Sonar Platinum (the brand new upgrade - Ipswich).
If I have a project with SM Player 2.6 or 2.7 already in it works fine in Sonar.
Using Sonar X3 it all worked fine as well.
Cakewalk made it very unfriendly to download and install even the demo version of Sonar.

Please try to do a CLEAN installation

i.e.

1. delete my documents/synthmaster folder
2. delete c:\program files\vstplugins\kv331 audio folder
3. delete c:\program files\kv331 audio folder
4. delete c:\users\public\public documents\synthmastertemp27 folder
5. reinstall

Did you try to install BOTH 2.6 and 2.7 in different folders side by side? We do not support that yet.

Thanks - works fine after clean re-install. Had dlls all over the place!
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

ok finally figured out the root cause of all license key problems:

there was a bug in our ASP.NET server code so it was generating old license key file for users who chose to receive direct download links.
Anyhow, the issue is fixed now. Please download the latest update and you're good to go!
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”