SynthMaster AND SynthMaster Player updated to v2.7.6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Oh, hidden in there :) There are fewer options in the demo it seems, just tried the Bass Deep Down thingy, but there was some error, an ugly high-pitched noise, had to kill my DAW to stop it :P

Is there no EQ?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Oh, hidden in there :) There are fewer options in the demo it seems, just tried the Bass Deep Down thingy, but there was some error, an ugly high-pitched noise, had to kill my DAW to stop it :P

Is there no EQ?
Strange, works fine with no nasty high-pitched noises in Reaper 5 here. It could be helpful to post which DAW etc so they can look into fixing whatever the issue is.

There's an EQ at the end of the layer chain, notice where it says "EQ" at the end of the signal chain in this screen cap ;-P You may need to hit the EQ button to activate it. Then head on over to "FX3" to edit the EQ settings, not the most intuitive solution but hopefully you'll quickly get used to it.
Synthmaster 2.7 EQ.png
EDIT: ah, I just realised you can move the EQ and other FX modules around between the layers and global routing so depending in the patch you may not see it as part of the layer chain.. :oops: But there are two EQs and you can right click on slots in the FX page to select which FX to use for which slots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gone soft on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you. Yes, I was looking for the EQ on the FX page and didn't see it there 8)

Anyway, I have already uninstalled SM, such a bug is totally unacceptable to me. I like and need my hearing and I have no understanding whatsoever for such bugs that put my hearing at risk. Since it doesn't happen with other synths, it is obviously a SM issue.

My DAW is Mixcraft 32 bit on W7 64.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Oh, hidden in there :) There are fewer options in the demo it seems, just tried the Bass Deep Down thingy, but there was some error, an ugly high-pitched noise, had to kill my DAW to stop it :P

Is there no EQ?
There is EQ (FX tab 3) and the demo is identical to standard except save functionality and number of presets included. I know that the layout of FX sucks, we have to review that for v3.0

what sort of noise I'm trying to understand? maybe the reverb caused that somehow due to a transient.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

It was a very loud, high-pitched, permanent sound that started as soon as I selected the template from the menu. The meters in my DAW were all in the red.

Strange, as far as I remember there were only about four options in the menu.

fluffy_little_something wrote:It was a very loud, high-pitched, permanent sound that started as soon as I selected the template from the menu. The meters in my DAW were all in the red.

Strange, as far as I remember there were only about four options in the menu.
That's odd I can not reproduce it with Reaper. Did you have any prior versions of the synth installed? Try to delete my documents/synthmaster folder .
Works at KV331 Audio

I tried to install SM about a year ago, but there was some installation problem. The folder you mention is there, but it was created the day before yesterday.
Never mind, I have uninstalled it, anyway...

Well then end of discussion, but as I told you can not reproduce it here on my system.
Works at KV331 Audio

what happened to the bit depth knob on env1? It seems to be on 2.6 but not the newer one

I'm confirming version782 as well. No bit depth or drift knobs on any of the ASDRs version 2.75. They are available in the Matrix though
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Yes I removed them to open up space for more "frequently used" parameters like the ADSR slope parameters.

The bit depth parameter is not used in any of our factory/expansion presets.
Works at KV331 Audio

is version 2.75 out?
fup4000

No it's a typo I guess.

I'll release v2.7.5 with unified Windows installer for 32/64bit in about 10 days.
Works at KV331 Audio

So.... what is the version I have if 2.7.5 is not out yet?
Untitled-1.png
And can you bring the bit depth & drift buttons back, please? The factory/user preset makers don't use them, but I use them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

If you hover over the KV331AUDIO SYNTHMASTER text in the top-right of the GUI, the version will appear under Parameter Updates: in the top-centre window

Return to “Instruments”