One Synth Challenge #78: Elektrostudio OR2v (Meakaale Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A lot of people use Mixbus for final mixdown. Many say it adds "that something special" due to its mix engine. Also, the workflow seems to fit whatyou need at that final stage of the process.

Many Reaper users (see/search posts in the forum) do just this. Of course you have to work at it and export all your stems and then bring them into Mixbus for processing.

dB

OK - after abandoning my work for the last 2 weeks - just could not get this synth to make the right sounds for what I wanted - I made a new quick track last night and finished off today. I hope you like this one.

I would also like to say I had ZERO technical problems or issues at all - the track below is a realtime render with all 29 OR2v's running along with al the VST's - no track freezing at all.

Track details:

All patches made by me. I used the "classic" preset as my "init" as it was near enough a pure sound.

DAW: Reaper 5.0

29 * OR2V

Track FX:
18 * ReaEQ
6 * TAL Reverb II
5 * LFX-1310 (autopan)
5 * epicVerb
4 * Classic Compressor

Master FX:
BootEQMKII
Ferric TDS
Limiter no.6

DR:8

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/doctor ... sc-78-or2v
Last edited by doctorbob on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote:rather off subject ... I'm also intrigued by Harrison Mixbus, around the same cost, but no demo...
... well, you didn't hear it from me, but ... there sort of is, for the moment ... while they're getting the bugs squashed ...
Take a look over at Hosts & Apps for more info.
Don't be too put off if it falls over rather a lot - the sound and workflow of version 2 lured me away from Cubase a couple of years back, and I've no plans to return. When they've got this one stable, the $200-odd full asking price will look like the no-brainer of all no-brainers.
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

Hi all,

Anyone else having issues with Soundcloud? If I click on the play for a track above as posted in this forum then it plays OK, but if I click play when on the Soundcloud page (including the OSC group), then nothing plays, just get the "3 dots". Nothing plays on my own page at all, nada. I've not changed anything, so am not sure what's going on.

So, to recap, press play on the posted link, and all is OK. Hit the "Soundcloud" link to add a comment, it all stops. Pah! :dog:

Anyone?

TIA

dB

Not too bad here at the moment,but its definitely the most temperamental site i vist

doctorbob wrote:Hi all,

Anyone else having issues with Soundcloud? If I click on the play for a track above as posted in this forum then it plays OK, but if I click play when on the Soundcloud page (including the OSC group), then nothing plays, just get the "3 dots". Nothing plays on my own page at all, nada. I've not changed anything, so am not sure what's going on.

So, to recap, press play on the posted link, and all is OK. Hit the "Soundcloud" link to add a comment, it all stops. Pah! :dog:

Anyone?

TIA

dB

It's possible your flash is not updated / disabled in chrome? I have flash disabled by default, and i think any non-wav or mp3 songs uploaded to soundcloud act like what you described. There's a small popup on the top right and i have to right click and say enable flash, then it works.

It's all OK now
- NOT!

Ok - For UK users this on the SC status pages ...

"Aug 24 Playback issues in the UK

15.50 CET / 6.50 PST

We’re currently experiencing some issues in the UK that are preventing playback as well as distorting the waveform image. You may also have problems with images displaying correctly.

We’re looking into this now so please bear with us. Thanks for your patience."

dB
Last edited by doctorbob on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I am unable to use this plugin.

Hangs after a few seconds of playing an instrument.

windows 7 64 bit
Renoise 3.0

:(

Finished.

Specs

Cubase 7.07
12 instances of OR2V

FX used

Cubase compressor, Voxengo Curve EQ, Cubase Reverence, Cubase Dual Filter, Cubase Stereo Delay, Ferric TDS, Limiter6

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ber-osc-78

Hi all,
This is my track.

DAW: Ableton Live 9.2
17 instances of OR2v

Used Plugins

DAW:
EQ8, Auto Filter, Auto Pan, Compressor, Utility, Delay, Filter Delay, Saturator, Reverb, Glue Compressor, Multiband Dynamics, Limiter

3rd Party:
Sleepy Time - Transient

https://soundcloud.com/robert_karpinski ... sc-78-or2v

https://soundcloud.com/peter-macmurchy/ ... ntage-or2v

psmacmur - Metavintage (OR2v)
My entry for KVR One Synth Challenge #78: OR2v
These days, 32-bit synthedit VSTs are pretty much vintage, by software standards, and this one is itself an emulation of a vintage analog... so meta! 8)

This was definitely a technical challenge, although most of the challenge was due to external factors: Windows filling my system disk trying to download Windows 10; me using too many FX :oops:

Made in Studio One 2.6.5 x86
29 OR2v instances

DAW FX:
Analog Delay x1
Compressor x9 (WTF, ah well)
Limiter x2 (kick bus, master)
Pro EQ x5
Spectrum Meter x1
Scope x1
Tricomp x1

Free FX:
A1 Stereo Control x1 (master)
Ambience x3
MStereoExpander x1
Nova67P x1 (master)
Softube Saturation Knob x3
SonEQ x2
Stereo Touch x1
TAL Reverb 4 x1
TAL-Tube x5
vladg Limiter6 x1 (kick)
TDR Kotelnikov x1 (master)
TDR VOS SlickEQ x3
Thrillseeker XTC x1
Transient x1

DR9

I went to the OSC page for this synth (still waiting for my track to be approved) and I noticed there are only 11 approved entries so far. Wow! I thought there'd be a lot more. I'm kind of surprised. Yeah, the synth was a little difficult to work with, but no more so than EVO which was a nightmare.

Hopefully, there's just a lot of people either not approved yet or waiting until the last minute.

Here's my entry! :)

https://soundcloud.com/meakaale/meakaal ... nth-dreamz

Track specs:

~25 Instances of OR2v
DAW: FL Studio
DAW FX: Maximus, Fruity Reverb 1+2, Fruity Compressor, Fruity Delay 2, Fruity Parametric EQ2, EQUO, Fruity Filter, Fruity FastLP, Fruity Stereo enhancer, Fruity Peak controller.

wagtunes wrote: Hopefully, there's just a lot of people either not approved yet or waiting until the last minute.
You are probably right and the top 10 entries have yet to be published :(

dB

wagtunes wrote:Hopefully, there's just a lot of people either not approved yet or waiting until the last minute.
I'm waiting for an OSC with a Mac AU compatible synth to join again :cry: I guess some people just have OS X or Linux installed on their computers...

Return to “Instruments”