Ambient Meets Old School House. The Motha fuchin bizidy boom.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whats up all!
Something of a new track :) . I think (Female) lyrics most always become the missing link............ and no exception here :P . Little bit of ambient in the beginning.... STAY WITH IT!!!. Lyrics will eventually come in at 2:10. the Piano..... well , not yet, but in the final cut :tu: . Pls turn up your volume, close your eyes, and love/hate below.
https://soundcloud.com/michael-tabb/albedo

Cheers!

That awkward guy , but part of me thinks hes cool..............mmmmmmmmmm, Ill keep it a secret.

Looking forward to the finished track AG! Great start. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Lyrics will eventually come in at 2:10.
Ah,eventually meaning they are not there yet. I was waiting for them to come in. :lol:
I liked it.
I think you made a mistake using those particular kick and clap samples/whatever. I`m feeling this piece working much better with softer glitch samples.Try it. :D
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

I think you should liven up the percussion on here. It might sound a little more natural with a little added reverb on the clap/snare to add some depth to the sound. Maybe you could bring in some subtle double/quadruple time hats to occasionally add a little variation to the rhythm. I liked the vibraphone melody on the the intro going into the "verse". Nice and smooth/clean.

Good work :)

heres what i like to do. i'll listen to a track on here and try to form an assesment on its production by ear.
if it's too bassy, midrangy, trebly or over compressed/brickwall limited. i'll pull out the old frequency analyzer to confirm that assesment.

this mix sounds good to me. the song itself is a nice toe tapping number with a groovy bassline.
i agree with Seismic though, claps that are too dry and "in your face" don't sit very well in a mix...your claps
are at least panned slightly off center which don't make them sound too bad. just a hint of verb should do the trick. ;)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”