New Vengeance synth in the works

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

before using a simpe serial (which is cracked in 5mins) you can use just as well no protection at all :)

we will let you know guys, for which protection scheme we decided, far prior to release

msvs wrote:before using a simpe serial (which is cracked in 5mins) you can use just as well no protection at all :)

we will let you know guys, for which protection scheme we decided, far prior to release
Like i said, talk to devs who know and use serials successfully.

AnX wrote:
msvs wrote:before using a simpe serial (which is cracked in 5mins) you can use just as well no protection at all :)

Like who? U-he for example doesn't use serial protection only, but several mechanisms, apart from the serial protection.

How excellent this synth may become doesn´t matter the slightest. I have already made a promise to myself to not rely on the elicenser dongle piece of shit again.

Terrible quality and if it gets broken you have to buy a new license.

chk071 wrote:
AnX wrote:

Like who? U-he for example doesn't use serial protection only, but several mechanisms, apart from the serial protection.
Exactly, as i said in the first post (previous page). Few others do it too. It works, and its easy on the honest users.

A dongle hasnt saved Nexus.

Take the Valhalla plugins, or Sylenth1 pre version 3 for example, the warez sites are full of copies of those. A serial protection is obviously worth nothing, if there are not additional accompanying protection measures. So stating that "a serial protection works" doesn't cut it. It's not the serial protection which works, it's the combination with more advanced protection schemes.

Anyway, this should be solely Vengeance's decision. People either buy it with dongle, or another protection, or not. Business decision.

Ohlson_M wrote:How excellent this synth may become doesn´t matter the slightest. I have already made a promise to myself to not rely on the elicenser dongle piece of shit again.

Terrible quality and if it gets broken you have to buy a new license.
The quality of the hardware sucks, i agree. There's Codemeter too though, or iLok, which should be better. And you can use soft licenser protection too.

chk071 wrote:Take the Valhalla plugins, or Sylenth1 pre version 3 for example, the warez sites are full of copies of those. A serial protection is obviously worth nothing, if there are not additional accompanying protection measures. So stating that "a serial protection works" doesn't cut it. It's not the serial protection which works, it's the combination with more advanced protection schemes.
Obviously sherlock, AS I ALREADY SAID IN THE FIRST POST....

USB-eLicenser all the way. :tu:
The serious producer does have an UBS-eLicenser (Nexus or all the other Vengeance stuff) and usually an iLok anyway.

I hope Manuel & Co is using eLicencer, so we don't see this synth flying around the web after some days.
But please give as a 10 or 14 day trial (for eLicenser users without restrictions).

Anyway, the GUI is not finalized yet? Maybe this was ask before, is there a ETA?

As long as there is only elicenser software protection or ilok-protection I am happy. ilok is rock solid.

4damind wrote:I hope Manuel & Co is using eLicencer, so we don't see this synth flying around the web after some days.
Yes, that's exactly why I prefer USB-eLicenser and iLok2 protected software. I am looking at this as a protection of "my investment". It really hurts as a customer too to see every YouTube kid downloading software for free you paid your hard earned money for.

AnX wrote:
chk071 wrote:Take the Valhalla plugins, or Sylenth1 pre version 3 for example, the warez sites are full of copies of those. A serial protection is obviously worth nothing, if there are not additional accompanying protection measures. So stating that "a serial protection works" doesn't cut it. It's not the serial protection which works, it's the combination with more advanced protection schemes.
Well, Watson :party:, maybe time to drop the "serial" thing then, because that's just what the customers sees on the surface, while the really important stuff is going on under the hood (obviously, Manuel didn't get you either, hence his reluctance to the idea). So saying that it should be a serial protection basically says a sh** without explaining that you'd also want the other stuff to happen as well. Which, obviously would be quite an effort to implement, hence i can understand why one would reach for external solutions which are proven to work.

chk071 wrote:
AnX wrote:
Well, Watson :party:, maybe time to drop the "serial" thing then, because that's just what the customers sees on the surface, while the really important stuff is going on under the hood (obviously, Manuel didn't get you either, hence his reluctance to the idea). So saying that it should be a serial protection basically says a sh** without explaining that you'd also want the other stuff to happen as well.
I did, in my first post. Try learning to read, saves me having to repeat myself :roll:

I really don't see it. :shrug: You spoke about serial protection. With a few "coding tricks", which supposedly meant what i was talking about, i guess. Why not name it, and write time bomb protection, and all the other stuff which u-he implemented? Then noone is misunderstanding you.
AnX wrote: How about just a serial? Many companies do this with little probelms, as long as you know a few coding tricks. Speak to devs who do and maybe share some info.

Return to “Instruments”