New Vengeance synth in the works

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the link Tet, he's not someone I was aware of in the Vengeance team.

I currently own the essential FX bundle 1 & 2 and I couldn’t be happier with the quality and versatility.

In complete contrast to other members here a Syncroft Dongle is a selling point to me rather than an impediment to purchase. Guess I just like having something that hasn’t been warzed to death.

:tu:

Thanks!

main sound designers he has helped shape the Nexus sound,
Mirko is our main visual designer for the videos, and yes he does a great job there. 2 expansions are created by him too (swedish house 1&2)
like msvs said, the ui is horrible but the sound and feature are greats,
This is not our Vengeance Synth, we have nothing to do with this
(btw if you like this already, you will LOVE our synth :) like I said, will post screens soon)

great news manuel! please don't keep us hangin' :wink:

any news on this one?

yes we are making progress, but still no finalized GUI which I would be able to show...
soon, I hope :)

Will the GUI be re-sizable/multi-size?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Will the GUI be re-sizable/multi-size?
yes, it scales in realtime - like a window in Windows :) (at least the realtime resize already works on PC)

Hello Manuel just in case: no I am not Mirko Ruta :D But it's really strange that an Vengeance employee like him is working for competing companies. Especially if they're developing a synth at the same time. I would immediately fire him 8)

But back to topic. I bet the V-synth unfortunately will have at least the following features:
-version 1.0 will have lots of bugs (like the Phalanx release)
-demo will be available weeks later
-press 1 key and it will play a whole song (like nexus sq)
-expansions like you tried in phalanx and metrum
-own fx (e.g. bundle 1, 2, sidechain) can be loaded
-presets will use these fx, so one is forced to buy them
-one can buy skins
-it will have a big wavetable section since this was a trend 3 years ago but is quite mainstrean meanwhile
-of course dongle protected

To be honest, after more than 3 years developing I really hope it'll not just be a nexus clone with semi-open architecture. Or a combination of Serum, Spire, Hive, Omnisphere, Sylenth1 and so on. Also imo there are more than enough synths out there and some of them already can do everything imaginable.

I am sorry but since the last releases and the inconsistencies of users with refx, I'm pretty sceptical :scared:

You assume a lot. How about waiting for some hard infos?

-version 1.0 will have lots of bugs (like the Phalanx release)
we hope not. But if, you can rely, that we release weekly or even daily new updates to adress all possible issues. It depends a bit on how much feedback you get from the "beta testing" team.
-demo will be available weeks later
since the demo requires a bit of re-writing in the code, this could be, since the priority atm lies on the release version. But there will be lot of overview and live videos to get a first impression. You can of course wait for a demoversion anytime.
-press 1 key and it will play a whole song (like nexus sq)
yes there will be SQ presets. But you have full access to all aspects of the used sounds and arps
-expansions like you tried in phalanx and metrum
yes, definately. But the factory library will be quite big already. Btw since its completely open, you can design own sounds anytime.
-own fx (e.g. bundle 1, 2, sidechain) can be loaded
no, since it already comes with +/- 17 of fx right from the start
-presets will use these fx, so one is forced to buy them
no, we never did this btw
-one can buy skins
no skins for sale, sorry. But its open for modding or creating own skins
-it will have a big wavetable section since this was a trend 3 years ago but is quite mainstrean meanwhile
yes its has. But the wavetable oscs are only a small part of different synthesis forms. And our factory wavetables can do a lot more than "wobble" around. They often have different spetcral odd & even overtones or vocal synthesis.
-of course dongle protected
yes, maybe
-I would immediately fire him 8)
he is a freelancer we hire for certain things, so we cant "fire" him
Last edited by msvs on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Can't wait. If this thing sounds really great, I'll probably even buy a dongle to use this, but I would still prefer another copy protection scheme, like C/R maybe.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

we are currently discussing possible protection schemes internally.
The Dongle did a good job in the past, but we are also open for alternatives.

msvs wrote:we are currently discussing possible protection schemes internally.
The Dongle did a good job in the past, but we are also open for alternatives.

How about just a serial? Many companies do this with little probelms, as long as you know a few coding tricks. Speak to devs who do and maybe share some info.

Return to “Instruments”