Digital Performer 9 released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Digital Performer

Yes, I can confirm that DP 8 in Mac OS is much more fluid than DP 8 in Windows (and my Windows machine is more powerful than my Mac machine). Still have to test DP 9 in Windows. Hope they improved.
Fernando (FMR)

If I was primarily on Windows, I'd personally probably go with Samplitude as well. (assuming I could get it stable, the Pro X 2 demo crashed a lot for me).

DP9 is definitely much better on windows, but there still seems to be some issues to worked out on some systems.

In OS X though, DP9 is fantastic.

Robert Randolph wrote:If I was primarily on Windows, I'd personally probably go with Samplitude as well. (assuming I could get it stable, the Pro X 2 demo crashed a lot for me).
When I installed ProX2 trial, there were also three patches to install which I did, maybe that makes a difference what is there now.

In my account at pro.magix.com that was.

fmr wrote:Yes, I can confirm that DP 8 in Mac OS is much more fluid than DP 8 in Windows (and my Windows machine is more powerful than my Mac machine). Still have to test DP 9 in Windows. Hope they improved.
I've seen the same kind of comment about Reaper and ProTools also. My own theory is that it depends which platform main development is made, and how much time it's tested on each.

I think Reaper had complaints it was worse performance on Mac, and something with plugin scan or something that took forever.

And ProTools on Windows is much less stable, than Mac, as it seems on comments on Avid forum.

As a long time programmer, I think these cross platform libraries they use to simplify releasing on Mac and PC has it's limitations performance wise. That they transform calls but maybe not always for top performance.

lfm wrote: Either way, I made the purchase decision for Samp ProX2 this morning, so will not spend more time with DP now.

Thanks a lot for input.
Enjoy! Samp's a good pick.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”