KX77FREE - 30 07 2018 > Update of all x64 VST - new releases - fixed recent bugs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16

There are new release of SE, now the load / save xml presets seems work, I will implement it and test it for the VST2 mode before to provide the plugins (for Live users).

http://kx77free.free.fr

To help me for the beta tests:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=480985

12/03/2017 - Update of main plug-ins to x64 (beta - VST3 - VST2):
Kx Synth x16 6.0 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.0 / Kx PolyMod 2.0 / Kx Modulad 4.0

The x64 zip files replace the x86 setups (*.exe) in the download table.
These plug-ins are sufficiently stable to be used as they are but they are not finalized and some of bugs mentioned below are not resolved yet. Of course if you download this files you should help me on KVR or others forum to finish to debug them. If you do not want to help me, please do not use these plug-ins and avoid to create comments about them. To help me to debug, you will contact me on KVR in Modular forum.

Some x86 features are not available yet:
Midi Learn, Midi out, help text on each knob, html loading, the possibility to change the background colour.
These versions are beta built with KX77FREE c++ SEM and SE 1.2355 (some D2d GUI features are not finished yet).

Know GUI bugs of the SE 1.2355 engine:
VSTHost 1.54: multiple instances not really supported fine and some parameters are initialized with theirs default values (need to load the first preset).
VSTHost 1.56: some parameters do not work on the GUI editor (sequencer on).
In all tested DAW:
The animated pictures (vu-meters, leds...) of your DAW may be frozen temporary when you adjust a parameter, mouse down on knob and move it (that doesn't affect the audio signal).

Installation example:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".

2- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX SYNTH X16", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.

3- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2).

4- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the VST3i plugins.

Note:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the sequencer *.x16 files.

One track added: "Electronic Music Immersion Part 1 Laurie and me", encoded in WMA 24 bit/48k.

Xavier

I worked on my plugins or I did music, so everyboby forgot me here. You want all but noboby support the devs here.

Thanks for the very welcome updates! Sorry for not posting earlier :/

A couple of questions...
- Should we copy the entire contents of the folder to the plugins folder? There's all sorts of files there, usually plugins only need the dll to be present.

[EDIT] Seems I can't read properly :)...gonna try them out
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

evilantal wrote:Thanks for the very welcome updates! Sorry for not posting earlier :/

A couple of questions...
- Should we copy the entire contents of the folder to the plugins folder? There's all sorts of files there, usually plugins only need the dll to be present.
- Is it correct that in order to use the plugin as VST2, we need to rename the .vst3 files to .dll?
Yes, you should do all. The VST3 is also a dll and following the extension name your host will recongnize and classe the plugin.
Actually I did not exported the VST3 presets to xml preset for the beta tests with Live 9.7, I will do later.

If you want help me for the beta tests, the KVR post is here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=480985

Note: if you want to use them in VST2 mode, it seems you must put the VST folder inside the VST2 folder of Common files:

Installation example:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".

2- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX SYNTH X16", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.

3- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2). And copy the VST2 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST2".

4- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the VST3i plugins.

Note:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the sequencer *.x16 files or your xml presets.
If else you must save in your Document folder of your account or out of protected Windows folders.

kx77free wrote:I worked on my plugins or I did music, so everyboby forgot me here.
Thank you very much for your work. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Now this is very interesting. A shame you feel forgotten, not really since you have a small cult here. The 64 bit move will carry a long way. Kxomni is #till my fave PD synth, there's nothing with a signal flow like that - bass like a maa-faa! ...but fro what I've seen the life of a dev can be pretty thankless sometimes. I assure you you do fine work.

Cheers, it's not a claim, I wrote this like a little remark.
Perhaps if a lot of my users asked me a new release of Kxomni I did this one, It's always possible that I will do a new Kxomni in x64 but it will sound different. I'm very buzy about the x64 this is why I delayed all my future projects.

Hi,

I'm little disappointed, I thought there are more users here to help me, I worked several months to do this major update.
In fact I do not understand the end users and I think that the best choice for me it's to debug my instruments only for my use.

Xavier

kx77free wrote:Hi,

I'm little disappointed, I thought there are more users here to help me, I worked several months to do this major update.
In fact I do not understand the end users and I think that the best choice for me it's to debug my instruments only for my use.

Xavier
Hi Xavier, don't be discouraged...i'm doin' some heavy testing on X16 VST3 on Reaper.
Just a question. If i made a .dll copy can i use it as a 64bit VST2 in Live to?

Doesn't the silence of the users mean that the synth works as it should ?
Or do you mean that there were only few downloads ?

And yes, i think the approach of "i will write a synth for myself" is good, it is a very nice thing to share that synth too.
Basically - do it if you have fun doing it.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

kx77free wrote:Hi,

Xavier
Xavier, I just want you to know that I have this on my to-do list. I am so bogged down with work my head is spinning. I loved your synths when I first downloaded them 3 years ago. Sadly, being 32 bit, they were not stable on my system and JBridge didn't help much. You have no idea how long I have been waiting and hoping for your 64 bit versions.

So please don't be discouraged. I know I haven't been very vocal here but I am one of your biggest fans. Your modular style is my favorite and I can't wait to finally have time to test these out.

Please be patient with me. I've waited years for these.

Give me a few weeks. That's all I ask.

Okay, went to the site to begin the process by downloading them all but am totally confused where to look. Is it the main links under the description for each module or are those the 32 bit versions and the 64 bit versions are somewhere else. There is so much on that site that I feel like I'm lost through the looking glass.

A little nudge in the right direction will help immensely.

Return to “Instruments”