soundtoys V5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Were do you find this warnings?
were on the site again and could not find them.

And even if they were there, what kind of thinking is that, killing the work of people that supported them since years?? Ok if you update the older projects do not work with V5 but there should be the possibility to use V4 on a separate Mac.
And if not it has to be stated clearly on top and not between some lines somewhere.

In my eyes they have no respect of the work and the time of their customers!
Located in the European Outback

Dostoyevsky wrote:To be fair, ST warns you about upgrading to V5. That it may break older projects and that V4 is overwritten.
jue wrote:The V4 is even gone from your ilok account and you could only update v5 then and this overwrites the license on the iLok too

for me this is without words....

ok, I knew a few words but you do not want to read them.....
just one - disaster
That's true. Even if a developer is not warning you, I'm still cautious with upgrading, especially when I have projects going on that highly depend on the updated software. I'd rather finish first the project and then do the update.

The bad thing here is, as soon as you buy V5, your licenses for V4 are gone. You don't need to install anything. That happens right away after buying... that's also new to me.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I sent ST a Support Question before upgrading as I was concerned about handing over iLok licenses for V4 before making sure that projects would recall correctly etc.

Dan there said that all should be good but if in doubt best to try the Demo first, which seems like the safest way to go.

No issues here (OS X 10.10.15) so far.

(Saved V4 user presets are stored in a different place than V5 but can be moved into the V5 folder structure and opened fine in V5)

jowen wrote:toys are for kids??
You'd get arrested for letting kids "play" with toys from Ann Summers or Victoria's secret.

Also not a lot of kids buying executive/office toys.

I agree, one should have the option to go back to V4. However, remember the first rule: Never be an early adopter.
The warning is displayed just before you can actually do the upgrade. I cannot remember exactly, but it tells you what you get, i.e. the V5 plugins, what happens to the V4 versions, i.e. they get removed from your account, and that you should be cautious if you have old projects that depend on those earlier versions.

jue wrote:Were do you find this warnings?

And even if they were there, what kind of thinking is that, killing the work of people that supported them since years?? Ok if you update the older projects do not work with V5 but there should be the possibility to use V4 on a separate Mac.
And if not it has to be stated clearly on top and not between some lines somewhere.

Acid Mitch:
You'd get arrested for letting kids "play" with toys from Ann Summers or Victoria's secret.
Also not a lot of kids buying executive/office toys.

Sorry but I am not native english, here are toys r us shops, they are for kids only,
seems that toys is a word that could be used in many ways ??
So soundtoys makes sense for you and or has a different meaning here?

Feeling quite smug for not jumping on this update yet :)

wake me up when the bugs are ironed out

Comeon! it states right on the Soundtoys update page that there may be issues with v4/v5.

no lifeguard on duty, swim at your own risk. doesn't mean you will drown, but you know what your getting into when you jump in the pool.

here is what is says on the upgrade page in your account on soundtoys.com:

Congratulations. You qualify for 1 free upgrade(s) to the newest Version 5 release of your Soundtoys products listed below.

Wait! Before you go running off to press the "Upgrade Now" link, here are a few things you'll need to be aware of:

- You will no longer have a V4 license. If you are running a very old system, you may want to check the Supported Applications before making the leap.
- Sessions saved with V4 plug-ins will recall properly on all officially supported hosts, and will open with the V5 equivalent plug-in.
- If you are upgrading from a V4 TDM product, you will no longer be able to open plug-ins as TDM. All plug-ins are native only. You may also be losing the TDM only exclusive plug-ins (SoundBlender, PurePitch, and PitchDoctor).

Ok, if you're cool with all that, then go for it. Your free upgrade awaits.

jue wrote:Were do you find this warnings?

I saw the warnings when I inspected my Soundtoys account yesterday and found I was eligible for the free upgrade. I was worried as I tend to be about most software updates but decided to jump in. All of the v5 plugins installed fine and all my old projects are fine.

In my eyes they've done nothing wrong.

To MachineClaw:
This text seems is only to see if you are getting a free update !!

Checked the account of a friend that was not upgraded till now and this text is not shown there we went just before the order!

This text was not to see when I placed the order, who will make a update when all his old work is no more to use?

Again:

Did they never get informed that sometimes audioproductions have to be changed even after years??
New record version, new singer, new voiceover, new cut of a film or television, a new version just because the production was sold to someone else or a new record company?
Located in the European Outback

It appears that there is some confusion about how upgrades work, so I would like to hop in and provide some information.

1. When you upgrade, your license for V4 is immediately revoked and your license for Soundtoys 5 is deposited. Do not upgrade until you are absolutely ready to use Soundtoys 5.
2. WE OFFER A FREE 30-DAY DEMO OF SOUNDTOYS 5, which works exactly like the full, purchased product. If you are at all concerned about Soundtoys 5, try the demo first! We aren't trying to force anybody to do anything they are uncomfortable with. Visit Soundtoys.com/demo for more info.
3. Once your session has been saved with Soundtoys 5, you cannot go back to V4. Going from V4 -> V5 should work fine. There are a couple of differences (EchoBoy and Little PrimalTap have a pitch slew on the delay time now), and preset names won't show up. We are looking into fixing the preset name thing for the next point release.

If anybody has any questions, let me know. I'm looking around on the site to make sure this information is more clear up front, since people seem fairly unclear with the concept of upgrades requiring old licenses to be revoked.
Last edited by dan@soundtoys on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MFXxx wrote:Everyone I need some help please. Have sent a request to support and on GS, trying everyone here as well.
Sorry for the trouble! We are working through a lot of support tickets right now, but I want to check yours out ASAP. I'd prefer to do this via email so we can have some record of your case and I can get your specific account info. What is your case number?

Anyone else getting a complete crash on opening Studio One v3.1 (Windows 64 bit)- S1 just wont run at all with soundtoys installed, BitWig and Live both fine on my system.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Anyone else getting a complete crash on opening Studio One v3.1 (Windows 64 bit)- S1 just wont run at all with soundtoys installed, BitWig and Live both fine on my system.
S1V3 is not on the list of supported DAW ...So i wish you good luck , waves , softube and now Soundtoys crash S1V3 and Presonus will not fix the problem...I go back to Cubase 2 weeks ago , okay it is not simple , the workflow is better on S1V3 BUT nothing crash my config yet (softube / waves / soundtoys V4 & V5....)

hivkorn wrote:
S1V3 is not on the list of supported DAW ...So i wish you good luck , waves , softube and now Soundtoys crash S1V3 and Presonus will not fix the problem...I go back to Cubase 2 weeks ago , okay it is not simple , the workflow is better on S1V3 BUT nothing crash my config yet (softube / waves / soundtoys V4 & V5....)
Seem to be working OK in S1 3.1 on Mac (Mavericks at least)

Return to “Effects”