Boz Imperial Delay updated to 1.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heads up for the people interested in a really good delay effect. New version with a lower price for the time being...
Due to some changes, you can run this along with the original 1.0.3 version. Also, old presets should work in the new version but not the other way around.

List of the new features:

Separate control over Left and Right delays
New Presets
Better Preset Management
A/B bank
Improved Smear algorithm
Less RAM
Removed the infernal spinning tape
Improved feel of feedback knob (and reduced feedback range)
Feedback disable button
New Preset location for windows
Much Smoother Feedback limiting (no more out of control feedback)
Fixed VST3 automation issue in some DAWs
Fixed some odd things in the RTAS graphics on OSX.
Other minor bug fixes

http://www.bozdigitallabs.com/news/

Not affiliated with the company, just a happy customer hating to see a good opportunity to pass without notice. Thanks to gbuma and sidrat for the post about Kaivo and this. Deserves its own post too.

True. Get it while it's only $79! :)

decided to demo it this time.

still don't like the gui, but it sounds very good. as for "the last delay you'll ever need" ?? not a chance; it doesn't replace any of my current delays (nor others that i have my eye on), though it could probably sit alongside them.

$59 intro then to $299 and now to $79. I would be really pissed if I bought it at $299.

I quite like the delay, but its a no for me on principle.

Wow, a lot of guys appear to still be put off by the pricing... even while it's on sale for $79, LOL. :)

Oh well, I got it on sale and think it's a good plug. To each their own, though...

Already bought another delay the Metric Halo deal for $59 was to sweet as i got the DirtyDelay and Channelstrip3 on top.
The Imperial Delay for $79 is not a sale price for me nowdays. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

afcollett wrote:$59 intro then to $299 and now to $79. I would be really pissed if I bought it at $299.
For anybody following these forums, it was known right from the beginning. Dev clearly stated that it would have an introduction price of $59, would then go to regular $299 and would later have a lower sale price every once in a while, but not as low as it was at first. Due to whatever personal issues, some seemed not happy about this announcement and were even calling backpedalling, when nothing had even happened yet. :tu:

For anybody not following these forums, the only thing they'll have to consider is if the product is worth the list price, or if they are willing to wait for a possible sale. Because that is what will happen with so many products anyways. How many of you will recommend buying, say, Kontakt for the full list price? Or Waves stuff etc.? Still some do and that is fine, it's their consideration and business.

The only people who would have some real reason to get irritated are the ones who bought it for the cheap starting price and were promised the price would never go back that low again. And what do you know, the two times now that it has gone lower, it has not been the $59 starting price.

So I don't really get the principle problem. Unless that is that the devs do exactly like they have said they would do.

I hear you but nowdays a delay plugin for a price of $299 is by definition an insult for many. Just sayin'..
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:I hear you but nowdays a delay plugin for a price of $299 is by definition an insult for many. Just sayin'..
It is...and arrogant...This is what the big boys charge...Companies that have a proven, support, track record. The guy just started making plugins yesterday, and expecting people to pay $299, hoping that you'll be here, to work through my issues tomorrow, is a little self righteous.

Besides, when i can get echo boy for $149 each and every day, i really have no need to spend $299 on such things.
There ya have it...

Boz can of course charge what they want and when. But personally I just find if there gonna play silly buggers with there price how does that reflect on the company as a whole right down to development and support.

There are also quite a few other companies whose products I will not buy for this reason including Waves and IK.

The only reason I mentioned this is I actually considered this plug to buy last week, looked at the price and moved on. I would have snapped it up at $99.

Bottom line I want to buy a plug when I want it without been ripped off. They clearly don't value the plug themselves at $299 but will happily take your money if you choose to do so.

The ethics are dodgy at best.

afcollett wrote:Boz can of course charge what they want and when. But personally I just find if there gonna play silly buggers with there price how does that reflect on the company as a whole right down to development and support.

There are also quite a few other companies whose products I will not buy for this reason including Waves and IK.

The only reason I mentioned this is I actually considered this plug to buy last week, looked at the price and moved on. I would have snapped it up at $99.

Bottom line I want to buy a plug when I want it without been ripped off. They clearly don't value the plug themselves at $299 but will happily take your money if you choose to do so.

The ethics are dodgy at best.
Hahaha... who's being ripped off? It's called a promotion (or sale) and most companies have them. I mean, if you're willing to spend $99, but not $79, that seems a bit odd to me. But, like I said, to each their own. 8)

:tu: Yep, just an opinion :tu:

Old thread but just saw that it's on sale for $59 for anyone interested. Here's the link: https://www.long-mcquade.com/71650/Pro_ ... wnload.htm

Coo, still no resonance on the filter though? For me, having so many features and missing that, takes a lot of usefulness out of it, otherwise it really is a fantastic sounding delay.

murnau wrote:I hear you but nowdays a delay plugin for a price of $299 is by definition an insult for many. Just sayin'..
Not for Elton John though.

Return to “Effects”