Computer Music/Radar's Best Soft Synths 2015

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I agree with someone wrote earlier that it is about favourite synths other than the best!

Anyway, I like SOS way. There is no rating. They just write the pros and cons of the reviewed hardware/software, then you can decide if it fits for you or not (and of course in addition to a detailed review most of the times).

nice article.

Yep, and now that I know this is nothing more than a popularity contest (I used to think otherwise) I can just ignore them in their entirety except for one thing.

Now I know what patch libraries to start working on and which ones to not even bother with.

On that level, very interesting and in some cases, unexpected results.

wagtunes wrote:
Yep, and now that I know this is nothing more than a popularity contest (I used to think otherwise) I can just ignore them in their entirety except for one thing.

Now I know what patch libraries to start working on and which ones to not even bother with.

Sytrus must not be particularly popular, then. I guess I shouldn't be surprised (it wasn't on the voting list to begin with, bizarrely). If I only had one FM, it would be that.

Good to see Electra got as high as it did, though imo it should have vaulted over several others (I'll leave it to everyone else to fill in those contentious blanks).

Nave must be both too young and not as EDM-centric. Largo is also noticeably absent (not sure whether either were even on the original voter's list, if not whatever).
Last edited by Apostate on Fri May 22, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Sytrus must not be particularly popular, then. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. If I only had one FM, it would be that.

Good to see Electra got as high as it did, though imo it should have vaulted over several others (I'll leave it to everyone else to fill in those contentious blanks).
Quite honestly, a lot of the results have me baffled. I won't go into them in detail because I'll be here all day, but many of these synths that were low in the polls should have been much higher while many of the top ones have me totally stymied as to how they got there.

But, whatever.

Still, very interesting results.

wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Sytrus must not be particularly popular, then. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. If I only had one FM, it would be that.

Quite honestly, a lot of the results have me baffled. I won't go into them in detail because I'll be here all day, but many of these synths that were low in the polls should have been much higher while many of the top ones have me totally stymied as to how they got there.

But, whatever.

Still, very interesting results.
I agree, for me it's more about how things were ranked. I love seeing Nemesis on there, but am kind of baffled so low.
Ha ha suck it!

Public voting is all about popularity, can't expect more out of it really, can't say I'm surprised with results, hoped Spire would come at least 3rd, well, next year :tu:

Glad to see my synths on place #12, #6 and #1. Long life Serum! :tu:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Glad to see my synths on place #12, #6 and #1. Long life Serum! :tu:
Serum was the first synth I ever made a sound library for. In fact, the first time I heard it, I bought it immediately. I am still surprised it finished on top. I didn't realize it was so popular.

Happy for Steve. He's a great guy.

wagtunes wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:Glad to see my synths on place #12, #6 and #1. Long life Serum! :tu:
Serum was the first synth I ever made a sound library for. In fact, the first time I heard it, I bought it immediately. I am still surprised it finished on top. I didn't realize it was so popular.

Happy for Steve. He's a great guy.
It's been both terrifically useful as well as educational for me. I picked up a ton of things I didn't know about synthesis from Serum, the LFO Tool as well.

I seem to reach for Nave more these days though, so hate me.
Ha ha suck it!

Got half of the synth's listed in the top 10 :o 8)

I got 21 of those listed in the Top 50, anymore GAS now would be embarrasing :oops:

IMO Serum is too specific a synth to be top dog, Synhtmaster deserves to be on top (rather than runner up) for it's versatility :clap:

Numanoid wrote: I got 21 of those listed in the Top 50, anymore GAS now would be embarrasing :oops:
4 more :hihi:

Have the following of the top 50 and will be getting Spectral sometime this year.

So half the synhts in top 20 is german made.

Are there at all any synhts from the UK in the top 20 (only possibilitis would be Serum and Sonic Academy, can't find their addresses).

Kind of embarrasing for a UK website to indicate that english devs are so at loss measured against the top german ones :P

Return to “Instruments”