Computer Music/Radar's Best Soft Synths 2015

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/wha ... g.comments

I realize these polls are usually kind of silly, but oh well. I'm not sure how valid this poll is anyway when Sytrus isn't in it :dog:
Ha ha suck it!

Yeah, couple of synths are missing. At least they ask the right question, and that is "What is your favorite VST/AU plugin synth". :) Voted.

Pretty sure Sylenth1 will win again btw. Which is fine of course.

chk071 wrote:Yeah, couple of synths are missing. At least they ask the right question, and that is "What is your favorite VST/AU plugin synth". :) Voted.
Exactly! And that's tough for me: Serum, Electra, Nemesis, Sytrus, Helix, Z3ta, Reaktor, Blue II...ugh, I can't choose. Nave is my wild card, especially since it seems Rolf is going to be adding a lot of the suggestions he's getting.
Ha ha suck it!

Sylenth, terrific synth. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Serum take it though.
Ha ha suck it!

I have two absolute favorites. One was missing from the poll, so it was easy. :D
Apostate wrote:Sylenth, terrific synth. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Serum take it though.
I doubt it. As much as i like CM for what they're doing, it's a certain audience they have, and that's rather an EDM audience, so Sylenth1 will be the obvious choice. Curious how Spire will do though, probably also going strong.

chk071 wrote:I have two absolute favorites. One was missing from the poll, so it was easy. :D
Apostate wrote:Sylenth, terrific synth. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Serum take it though.
I doubt it. As much as i like CM for what they're doing, it's a certain audience they have, and that's rather an EDM audience, so Sylenth1 will be the obvious choice. Curious how Spire will do though, probably also going strong.
I didn't think about that...they really are an EDM crowd. I guess it's just esoteric synth mega-geeks like me whom would vote for Serum or Nave 8)
Ha ha suck it!

Now that you posted the poll here, i'm sure a lot of people will vote for u-he synths. :P

Apostate wrote:
chk071 wrote:I have two absolute favorites. One was missing from the poll, so it was easy. :D
I didn't think about that...they really are an EDM crowd. I guess it's just esoteric synth mega-geeks like me whom would vote for Serum or Nave 8)
Nah. Nave, maybe. But not Serum. Serum is very popular. It's primary audience is indeed the EDM crowd. It will be heavily voted for. Sylenth1 may win out though. Spire won't be first pick, popular, but not popular enough.

It's only (just) May :shrug:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

KingTuck wrote:
Apostate wrote:
Nah. Nave, maybe. But not Serum. Serum is very popular. It's primary audience is indeed the EDM crowd. It will be heavily voted for. Sylenth1 may win out though. Spire won't be first pick, popular, but not popular enough.
Actually, you're right! In fact both Serum and Nerve are indeed mostly for EDM (both are just incredible in general imo).
Ha ha suck it!

You know it just hit me, the fact that CM magazine is primarily for EDM'ers makes the lack of Sytrus even more ridiculous. Last I checked, Sytrus was terrific for EDM, especially Dubstep. Or is Dubstep out of fashion now?
Ha ha suck it!

Mushy Mushy wrote:It's only (just) May :shrug:
:lol: In CM magazine writing/publishing date/time, its about mid July for them so its more than halfway into 2015 for them so to speak, which makes it fine :wink:

dubstep is indeed terribly out of fashion, has been for over a year now. sytrus is cool and all but I don't think that many people use it compared to fm8.

anisotonic wrote:dubstep is indeed terribly out of fashion, has been for over a year now. sytrus is cool and all but I don't think that many people use it compared to fm8.
I think I'm a mutant, I tried going back to Fm8 after going deep into Sytrus and found myself wishing I could sell it. Sytrus just seems to offer so much more, at least to me, and now that I've discovered Nemesis and Blue II Fm8 is eventually going to get uninstalled, it's just taking up room.
Ha ha suck it!

Sonic Academy Ana............Buwahaha....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”