My first House track! =)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all! I have been doing electronic music for around 2 years. But this is my first House track!

Or what kind of music would you call it? Techno? Trance? =)

https://soundcloud.com/daggdroppe/dunka-dunka

Awesome, it's my kind of progressive kinda house with strong psy/trance influences, you are my cup of tea, please do more music like that, you have some Vibrasphere vibe in there. :phones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReugOsMbq2E
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Haha =)

Well done my friend <3

Well it IS me and Robert from Vibrasphere ^^

He helped me for an hour or two. Its nothing he cares about. And he didnt want to be mentioned. But I have to tell now becuz you actually heard that it was him :D

daggdroppe wrote:Its nothing he cares about. And he didnt want to be mentioned.
Sorry to say that but I have an idea why... ;)

elassi wrote:
daggdroppe wrote:Its nothing he cares about. And he didnt want to be mentioned.
Sorry to say that but I have an idea why... ;)

Was the track that bad :(

Of course it is not like the songs Dewdrops, Purple or Analog Marinade. But if we forget about Robert being involved, I think the track is rather ok? Or?

I fear my explanation would be too harsh.

But I try: one beat, one arp preset... track done.

That's not enough, at least for me. Sorry. :)

daggdroppe wrote:Haha =)

Well done my friend <3

Well it IS me and Robert from Vibrasphere ^^

He helped me for an hour or two. Its nothing he cares about. And he didnt want to be mentioned. But I have to tell now becuz you actually heard that it was him :D
I told you that it's my cup of tea hahaha :hyper: :clap:
elassi wrote:I fear my explanation would be too harsh.

But I try: one beat, one arp preset... track done.

That's not enough, at least for me. Sorry. :)
Well, that's how it's done most of the times, if track lasted longer, sure, that would call for something more, but right now it's nice dance floor track, not all tracks should be complex, long, epic and hooky/memorable, when you are dancing, it's the moment, extension from another one, this is really not home/ipod kind of track, sometimes, you can dance for few minutes just on same kick and bass pattern when they hit you big time on PA, more so if you are little on the high side. :wink:

But you can stretch it easily, it works, so usual DJ intro/outro :wink:

Sweden and progressive, fatal combination :hihi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUjU0pdGog0
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

elassi doesn't like it at all, so I had to listen to it... :hihi:

It's not THAT bad, it flows nicely along over +4 minutes but it lacks some variations or something special, vocal snippets, other percussion elements, recognizable melodies etc. In the right atmosphere I could dance to it but I might have forgotten it the morning after... :neutral:

Tricky-Loops wrote: In the right atmosphere I could dance to it but I might have forgotten it the morning after... :neutral:
Exactly, he really delivered exactly that track, one that is there keeping the vibe, flowing trough into another that have perhaps longer break and more energy, good one to have when you want to calm everyone down and build up with next or even third, good for beginning, middle, end, just works because it doesn't have strong theme, so it can flow nicely with/before/after everything :drunk:

Tricky-Loops wrote:elassi doesn't like it at all, so I had to listen to it... :hihi:
:D

Thanx Zexila for all those kind words!! You get the point of this song, its dance music!

elassi: The arp is actually manually done note by note, Robert did it in like 15 minutes ;)

Somewhat repetable. Need to break loops and add some effects.
Instrumentaion feels very much like psytrance.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

daggdroppe wrote:Thanx Zexila for all those kind words!! You get the point of this song, its dance music!
Thank you for inspiration, I needed that :hug:

These guys are from Sweden also, progressive too, actually after seeing this, it looked kinda great, after hearing your tune, that was it, I just went and tried something similar, combined simplicity and interaction, slower progression, I'm having a blast and at this point I need more gear, making music is fun, I'm sick of over-processed and over-produced music, tight and complex arrangements, old school all the way :wheee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqyIH6HIn0A

Hi friends, haven't been around for a while. I hope everyone is doing fine.

We've been experimenting in our studio with different approaches to producing, we've grown tired of the "sit down and left-click a track" procedure and wanted to try something else. It may not sound as technically splendid as before, it may not be processed to death by a plugin-brigade that would make any supercomputer grasp for air. But damn is it fun to do it this way!

I highly encourage anyone to try this method of producing, if not for serious productions, then just for the fun of hands on feeling and freedom to express yourself, you don't really need much gear either, you can easily do this with a few midicontrollers to control stuff in the box.

Here's an illustration of our first jam:

We wanted to try another approach on producing music, we spent about 20-30 minutes on finding elements we liked and then put all the faders down to zero, from there we build and develop a track play by play live and let it take us where it wants to go, hope you'll enjoy!

Stuff we used for this jam session:

Soundcraft Spirit M12 Mixer
Korg Poly800
Yamaha DX7
ModeMachines Xoxbox mk2
Arturia Microbrute
Moog Slim Phatty
Roland TR-8
Korg Volca Bass
Korg Volca Keys
Korg Monotron Delay
Novation Nova
Moog MF-101 Lowpass Filter
NUX Time Core Delay

ps We ran out of diskspace on the video recorder so the outro is black, but it's quite fitting to lose the visual input at this stage ;) ds

Hope you enjoy!

Groovy, I like the synth line/melody that starts kicking in at 1:22. Good stuff :)

It starts with a catchy bassline, the white noise-ish sound is very wide in headphones. Groovy stuff.

The arp reminds me to some 90's stuff in a good way. I like 90's trance/techno. I think it's more trance than techno.

I haven't anything bad to say about the song except for the abrupt ending. A gentle fader or drumloop at the end would be better.

Return to “Music Cafe”