Porthole 3 completed/set 'Aftermath' completed (all-in-one cut).

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

move to bottom post
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The single track approach works. To misquote Trent Reznor - "The lines begin to blur".

Good work, I had to buy it :tu:

t.y

there is a unity here.
eg., the little transition between piano section in Porthole 3 refers to something in Porthole 1, guitar violence in P3 quotes P2, etc

Definitive version bump 19 months hence.

Consequénces (Aftermath)

This should be heard.
Windowpane 1 / Porthole 1 / Porthole 2 / Windowpane 2 / Porthole 3 / Windowpane 3
15:38
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I think the list time I played this (earlier version) was during the Christmas holidays last year, so this was a timely reminder. There is so much to like on here. I'm currently digging those delays on Windowpane 3.

Thanks very much for the reminder :)

Wow! What a trip! Totally enjoyed this from beginning to end.. so many ideas and variations, but still feeling like a whole entity. I love some of the sound design.. especially the crazy feedback! The softer parts are beautiful but never sweet, the wilder bits are violent but never coarse. Interesting, engaging, musically sprawling and very accomplished. Colour me impressed :-)

thank you, sazb

1st Track: Great sounds. Some of it made me think of like 'Star Spangled Banner'. Loved the journey of the first version. Has restraint when needed.

2nd Track. Very cool journey with great sounds and playing. Certainly gives me the impression of what could happen in a Porthole.

Enjoyed!

Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Oh my, I had to look again at the thread.
There's the Porthole 3, early. Which quotes our National Anthem up to a point and it fades like a memory. Then the rather surprising Coda by itself, which (by itself) isn't there anymore. Which is one of my favorite things in my music. It's the last thing I did before my computers died and I nearly did.

Thanks for the good thoughts, Allomerus.

note: the delay Tim mentions in Windowpane 3 is of course Replika, speakina Xmas. That was NI's 2014 gift.

Technical note: Replika is tied to host tempo, and my M.O. is to make the tempo line conform to what I play, which produced some lovely things, grace or ghost notes, surprising things early but I had to abandon the 'tempo map' strictly adhering to the music after a point and use it to guide Replika musically.

Return to “Music Cafe”