JoBoMusic Flexion (new synth !!!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tchandra wrote:What do you guys think of it ?
Hope they can get a demo version out soon :hyper:

lol

the dev works really hard for put new features on the table, and fixe some bugs, it advance, and more i test it, more i like it, it's an ambitious project, an unique synth, trust me !
- the quality is here for sure, new beta comes out frequently with great things, the jobo team listen carefully beta testers, the communication/feedback is really great, but , i think, they wants to make a finish product before selling it, and that a good point ! Flexion will be here , i don't know when but it will be out for sure !
the communication is exactly the inverse, if you compare with the tone2 marketing dept, but, the 2 companies will delivers a finish synth, Flexion is really outstanding for me, i can make some sound that are really, really hard to accomplish with other synths, it have some unique features, and become really stable every version(eg,not the case of cycle)
the communication- early beta/annuocement feel the same like bitwig, but i was very disapointed with bitwig, not really innovant/new if you compare to live, but flexion is not this kind of thing !
Jobomusic, keep it UP !

kokotte wrote:and more i test it, more i like it, it's an ambitious project, an unique synth, trust me!
Good to know the beta testers are busy at work :)

kokotte wrote:the dev works really hard for put new features on the table, and fixe some bugs, it advance, and more i test it, more i like it, it's an ambitious project, an unique synth, trust me !
- the quality is here for sure, new beta comes out frequently with great things, the jobo team listen carefully beta testers, the communication/feedback is really great, but , i think, they wants to make a finish product before selling it, and that a good point ! Flexion will be here , i don't know when but it will be out for sure !
the communication is exactly the inverse, if you compare with the tone2 marketing dept, but, the 2 companies will delivers a finish synth, Flexion is really outstanding for me, i can make some sound that are really, really hard to accomplish with other synths, it have some unique features, and become really stable every version(eg,not the case of cycle)
the communication- early beta/annuocement feel the same like bitwig, but i was very disapointed with bitwig, not really innovant/new if you compare to live, but flexion is not this kind of thing !
Jobomusic, keep it UP !
Here's my problem. I volunteered to beta test this a year ago. I was never selected. I certainly am more than qualified having worked with synths since 1979. That's what has me pissed off. I don't when the damn thing goes on sale but to tell me, "Oh don't worry, you'll get to test it' (in emails) and then nothing? It's bull shit.

Maybe you opted to join the beta a little later than most. It's possible that they were bombarded with applications right away. It happens. I wouldn't take it personally.

Ridan wrote:Maybe you opted to join the beta a little later than most. It's possible that they were bombarded with applications right away. It happens. I wouldn't take it personally.
Except they wrote back to me and said that I would be allowed to beta test the synth. If they didn't mean it, they should have just said nothing.

(Sorry couldn't resist :))

thejonsolo wrote:Image

An that picture looks like everyone I argue with, after I've reduced their vapidity to and exposed the futility of their contradictory propositions.

Ah yes. Feel my smugness. And no I trim my beard just above the neck. And don't wear a fedora.

Is this damn synth out yet? It's only code, it isn't magic. :lol:

Codestation wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:Image

An that picture looks like everyone I argue with, after I've reduced their vapidity to and exposed the futility of their contradictory propositions.

Ah yes. Feel my smugness. And no I trim my beard just above the neck. And don't wear a fedora.

Is this damn synth out yet? It's only code, it isn't magic. :lol:
All I hear is crickets.

Prediction: The synth will never be released.

I mistake my tinnitus for crickets when I am desperate to hear over 11 khz again.

Ah my miss-spent youth. Tugging my genitals and sitting too close to the CRT. And by that I mean black and white television. Complete with a coat-hangar antenna.

I bet you're right, though. I'd even go so far as to say that Flexion is an alt-fact. Like something from an alternative reality. Something that is real at the same time and in the same way that it isn't. And that isn't a contradiction.

It's a deepity-deepism.

No really it isn't.

These damn kids these days, with their disrespectful yodeling.

What is really sad is just how promising this looked when it first appeared. Everything they demonstrated and shared on their website seemed awesome. As it is that website hasn't seen a real person behind it since 2015.

Dead. Maybe time to close and lock this thread. So sad.

thejonsolo wrote:What is really sad is just how promising this looked when it first appeared. Everything they demonstrated and shared on their website seemed awesome. As it is that website hasn't seen a real person behind it since 2015.

Dead. Maybe time to close and lock this thread. So sad.
Extremely sad because that synth looked flat out AWESOME!

i think they realized that the shit was getting too complicated, spending hours tweaking hundreds of parameters to get slightly different sounds that you can make with conventional subtractive analog, wavetable or FM synths.

so they ditched it.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”