Klanghelm's New Compressor - coming soon!?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, DC8C2 is quiet complex, But There is Easy mode which has very nice sound. :wink:
and Even in expert mode, It is not so Easy to get bad sound from DC8C2 if Threshold, Attack, Release, Ratio are treated well just like other compressor IMO.

And.. Tony...To be honest with you, I don't care about how many knobs are there.
Just Release it and Take my money!! :)

Thanks for the news Tony - keep up the good work, this release will sound mighty fine I'm sure :tu:

tonhelm wrote:<snip>
The vari-mu-models are much more complex than DC8C, as every model has its own specific signal path and compression behavior. It's definitely NOT just compression. Making all this available as separate controls would mean something like 100+ knobs. I guess it would look like modular synth then with patch cables and stuff :)
<snip>
I don't think I got carried away with this. I am just a perfectionist. And getting things perfect AND keeping it simple can be very time consuming.

A-B-ing is a popular feature request. So having that in a plugin can't hurt.
:clap: Bravo, maestro!

I'll just shut up now.

tonhelm wrote:Well, I got a bit back to the drawing board with this one. :oops: Thanks to the relaxed beta, there was a lot of room for new ideas this time. So I've built two additional models (all based on the variable-mu type), each with its own dedicated GUI and with a slightly different control set. Also, I've implemented new usability-stuff like A-B-ing. I still have to do the free version, but I am hopeful, that it won't take longer than 4-5 weeks.

Tony
Seems that we are hurdling towards another one of your estimations.. Any information on how close you are? Thanks! :)

The final beta has been sent out out early this week. Judging from the positive beta-reports so far, I can do the free little brother next week. Then I'll send out the release candidates to the beta team and prepare the website, audio demos and things like that. So I guess, I'm pretty close now :)

Tony

Looking forward to this one Tony. I'm hugely grateful for developers like yourself who make high quality tools at such accessible, affordable prices. SDRR and DC8C 2 have given me so much more than £30's worth of enjoyment. Supporting your work is a no-brainer to me - anything less than a blind insta-buy would feel rude. Thank you! :love:

double post

(double the love!)

Completly agree with Cron. Your plugins are excellent, and I really like SDRR. Another blind insta-buy here when this new will be available....
cron wrote:Looking forward to this one Tony. I'm hugely grateful for developers like yourself who make high quality tools at such accessible, affordable prices. SDRR and DC8C 2 have given me so much more than £30's worth of enjoyment. Supporting your work is a no-brainer to me - anything less than a blind insta-buy would feel rude. Thank you! :love:

tonhelm wrote:The final beta has been sent out out early this week. Judging from the positive beta-reports so far, I can do the free little brother next week. Then I'll send out the release candidates to the beta team and prepare the website, audio demos and things like that. So I guess, I'm pretty close now :)

Tony
Great! Very excited for this.

Aubrey Lamont wrote:
tonhelm wrote:The final beta has been sent out out early this week. Judging from the positive beta-reports so far, I can do the free little brother next week. Then I'll send out the release candidates to the beta team and prepare the website, audio demos and things like that. So I guess, I'm pretty close now :)

Tony
Great! Very excited for this.
Me as well. I love DC8C which is still the best ITB compressor to me

Sure hope this is coming soon...

comfortablynick wrote:Sure hope this is coming soon...
I hope so ! :hyper:

comfortablynick wrote:Sure hope this is coming soon...
I actually had this one pop into my head today, so I decided to come to KVR specifically looking for this thread.

I love Mu style comps on pianos. Slate's FG-Mu, and UAD's Fairchild 660 are pretty much what compressors should sound like on pianos in my head. I'd definitely like to hear what Tony has done here.

Yes, must be close now.

Twrogstudio wrote:Yes, must be close now.
There are chances it may come next week !

Return to “Effects”