Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

10GB of downloads to install 5GB of data!! It seems most of the included packs contain the same samples as each other which strikes me as incredibly wasteful. I also think its a little dishonest to advertise it as containing 10GB of content without at least mentioning that its in fact only 5GB after FLAC compression, most of which is the old Dimension samples.

Anyway, since i got this and Z3TA+2 for a little over £50 i'm fairly happy. Its a much nicer interface and it all appears to be working okay.

Numanoid wrote:The instrument page is useless on Dim Pro/Rapture libs.

There are 8 macro control knobs on the instrument page, but it seems impossible to assign any function to those knobs, like cutoff, delay, reverb etc

That is only available on the Rapture Pro factory library, and the assigned function can't be changed, so I can't change "Detune" to "Reverb" for example.

Am I overlooking something, or is this the case?
Use the modmatrix in the mixer view.
You can assign controllers to the macroknobs there

In CCC looks to me that I can reinstall some extensions packages that I have bought for Dim Pro and Rapture in the past.

But I wonder if I then put duplicate of files on my HDD, as I already have installed those expansions for Dim Pro and Rapture, will installing them for Rapture Pro as well just eat HDD space?

Hulterbulter wrote:Use the modmatrix in the mixer view.
Yup that worked, but the name of the assignment don't show up on the macro control

For example I assigned Detune1 to Macro Control 1, but the field below the MacroControl 1 button is still black. Would be nice if the name of the assigned function would be stated there

I can hear that the function works twisting the knob, but if I save the patch and leave it for a week going back then I probably have forgotten what I did, so having the names of the assigned functions stated on the macro knobs would be very helpful.

But then again I guess I can probably write the name of the function directly into the field by myself :o

Numanoid wrote:
Hulterbulter wrote:Use the modmatrix in the mixer view.
Yup that worked, but the name of the assignment don't show up on the macro control

For example I assigned Detune1 to Macro Control 1, but the field below the MacroControl 1 button is still black. Would be nice if the name of the assigned function would be stated there

I can hear that the function works twisting the knob, but if I save the patch and leave it for a week going back then I probably have forgotten what I did, so having the names of the assigned functions stated on the macro knobs would be very helpful.

But then again I guess I can probably write the name of the function directly into the field by myself :o
Yes, thats correct. You must manually write the text

Good to have that option.

I gotta admit that the Element section is a big improvement on the cluttered display in Dim Pro/Rapture, it makes tweaking sounds so much easier, macro controls aint really needed :)

The smart move was to wait to upgrade, now price to upgrade is only $49 over the holiday period.

Numanoid wrote:The smart move was to wait to upgrade, now price to upgrade is only $49 over the holiday period.
Indeed. Clearly I am not so smart. I foolishly thought that the introductory upgrade price of $75 (although I paid ~$67 for it from JRR Shop) back in May would be the lowest price Cakewalk would offer it at for a good long while. :dog:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:The smart move was to wait to upgrade, now price to upgrade is only $49 over the holiday period.
Indeed. Clearly I am not so smart. I foolishly thought that the introductory upgrade price of $75 (although I paid ~$67 for it from JRR Shop) back in May would be the lowest price Cakewalk would offer it at for a good long while. :dog:
I don't have the time to read 46 pages :-) (been away for quite a while)

But can I read your comment's like Rapture Pro now has matured, and the "early problems" are solved ?

(at least to a degree that justifies the $49 holiday price)

And will I still have unlimited access to my old version Rapture 1.0 after an upgrade ?

Got a lot of extra libs from DSF also, are they expected to import without troubles in the new version ?

Thanks in advance for any help !
HM

I have now moved over 100% to Rapture Pro from Rapture/Dim Pro. The new updates have fixed whatever instability I had but I am STILL unable to access the VST2 versions of Rapture Pro or Z3ta+2 in Cubase 8 even though I pointed Cubase right at the containing folders. The VST3 versions work with no problem though.

Can any other Cubase users confirm the same issue?

I upgraded from Rapture 1.0 to Rapture Pro, both work flawlessly side by side or together in the same project.
And my DSF libraries all seem to load just fine in Rapture Pro, though I usually do tweak them to suit me and the music being worked on at the time.
Digital Studio: Studio One Pro 3, and too many plugins to list
Tools: '09 Epi' Dot Studio, '10 Epi' Les Paul Studio, '97 Fender Strat, 2015 PRS SE Standard 24, Martin OMC-18E.
Toys: Peavey Solo, Crate GFX30, VOX AD30VT, Digitech RP500, Line 6 HD500X

HM wrote:But can I read your comment's like Rapture Pro now has matured, and the "early problems" are solved ?
Still only VST3, I took for granted that they would also add VST2 support after a while, but no

Numanoid wrote:
HM wrote:But can I read your comment's like Rapture Pro now has matured, and the "early problems" are solved ?
Still only VST3, I took for granted that they would also add VST2 support after a while, but no
Thats the thing, it seems they have but it doesn't work properly. There are VST2 folders for Rapture Pro and Z3TA+2 in my cakewalk folder but the plugs wont show in Cubase.

THANKS FOR ALL ANSWERS :-)

Sorry for my stupidity ,.. but why is it important with VST2-support ?

Anyway I thought vst3 was implemented in all hosts latetly, but obviously with an older host there might be problems, is that the case ?

My current host is Studio One 2 ,.. but I will upgrade needed be ,.. to gain VST3 compatibility f.eks. :-)

(I am not able to see clearly what is supported and what not on Presonus "fancy" website, no details)
HM

HM wrote:Sorry for my stupidity ,.. but why is it important with VST2-support ?
More options aint bad

I got a bug with the Rapture Pro VST3 in FL Studio 11, that I don't think would have been there if I could have loaded it as VST2 instead

Return to “Instruments”