Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

I do, but I want to install Rapture Session on a different computer, where I don't have so much space.

Please tell us afterwards how you experience the difference between both, also content wise.

The difference is quite big, Rapture Session is barely more than Cakewalk Sound Center with a different GUI, while in Rapture Pro users has got access to go under the hood, and tweak the layers and progs in detail.

Contentwise I think Rapture Pro got 3-4 times as much as Rapture Session

Nice. No need to get Rapture Session for myself, then :)

I wouldn't think so.

What attracted me to try it out, was that it has got the macro control panel, but for many patches I found these to do nothing, twist a knob or two, sound stays the same

Story of my life ;)

Anybody looking for a good all round rompler can just get Orion.

To pay for something like Rapture Session seems expensive, the macro controls resemble Kontakt 3 interfaces from five years ago.

Anybody else installed Rapture Session by now?

How many presets do you find in it?

I have recently upgraded to Rapture Pro, and I was really stunned! The quality of the samples, presets and overall sound is SOOOOO much better than the Session. The workflow reminds me a little bit of D50. A well hidden gem for some weird reason..... Now that there is a 50% off for the upgrade from Session, it might be a very good opportunity for someone that has the Session to upgrade, i think.

Numanoid wrote:Anybody else installed Rapture Session by now?

How many presets do you find in it?
I checked the folder the presets are in, and it has 500 files in 12 folders.

There's a free expansion pack for Session and Pro here but for some strange reason the download is Windows-only :dog:
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Instruments”