Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

Tell us about it !

Please, make a video showing the presets, and creating atleast one from scratch :tu: I have rapture but unsure if I'll upgrade, probably not from the little I've seen..

They have this new command centre thingy which is like Native Instruments service centre, it downloads and validates the files first before installation. It seems that the Dimension Pro and Rapture 1 libraries are contained in the Rapture Pro installer, I assumed I would have to add them later. No complaints here. :tu:

Really need some video with more than 1 minute clip with hands, at least preview of all interface sections.

I've spent 20 mins with it and I like it so far, I haven't gone through any of the factory presets, but started creating and it sounds good. The layout is clear the text is a bit small for me but usable. You can choose the instrument type which provides the graphic for performance mode which is good, and also assign the Macro controls from the Matrix. Doesn't look like you can add your own graphics/type though.

A minor niggle is when you save a sound it doesn't remember the last saved location. Other than that so far so good :)

I'm still Installing. :hihi:

I'm trying to - the Mac installers are buggy as f**k - keep crashing!

Mac command centre not running properly either!

My system (Windows8) looked like it was crashing, the screen froze and went black but this was only while the files were being downloaded, I let it run it's course and everything went back to normal when the downloads finished.

When I mentioned it doesn't remember your last saved preset location when you save the next preset instead it goes to the top level of the presets. But when you open a dialog to load a sample it does remember the last directory you saved in so that you have to manually locate the Samples folder again. Hopefully that will be fixed soon. Still liking it though!

aMUSEd wrote:I'm trying to - the Mac installers are buggy as f**k - keep crashing!

Command Center didn't work for me, either. I d/l'ed through the CW site, which was very fast (6.6MB/sec!)

Now that I have everything installed, though, the plugin runs in demo mode, even though it is registered on the Cakewalk site. There is no way to enter the license in the plug or in Command Center. The offline activation talks about an 'activation request file' which was not provided :x

BERFAB wrote:
mchannemann wrote:Preordered it with JRR shop hope to see it soon :)
Is JRRSHOP sending out emails with serials?
Got it and downloading
Cubase 6, Alesis Fusion, Virus Ti, Korg Triton & Digital & Analog Collection, K2000R, Yamaha CS1x, Komplete 9, Kirk Hunter Libraries, NVA Taiko Drums, Uhe Ace, Bazille and Zehbra, Polyana, Jamstix 3, Toontrack Drums and more libraries and VST's

gnosis123 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I'm trying to - the Mac installers are buggy as f**k - keep crashing!

Command Center didn't work for me, either. I d/l'ed through the CW site, which was very fast (6.6MB/sec!)

Now that I have everything installed, though, the plugin runs in demo mode, even though it is registered on the Cakewalk site. There is no way to enter the license in the plug or in Command Center. The offline activation talks about an 'activation request file' which was not provided :x
You have to run the command center and login to your account and it licenses it immediately.

EDIT: Oh sorry didn't see it wasn't running properly... Hope you get it sorted soon!

I got it running after several attempts where it kept hanging.

Trying now to install some packs - a progress bar would be useful, hard to know if it's working or not.

Astralp wrote:You have to run the command center and login to your account and it licenses it immediately.

EDIT: Oh sorry didn't see it wasn't running properly... Hope you get it sorted soon!
It even shows up as a "connected product" in Command Center, serial number and all. :help:

aMUSEd wrote:I got it running after several attempts where it kept hanging.

Trying now to install some packs - a progress bar would be useful, hard to know if it's working or not.
Have you tried just downloading them without the control centre? I did that mainly because I started before I opened it up.

Return to “Instruments”