Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

ChillPenguin wrote:For $79 it seems like a pretty good deal to me. Since Cakewalk is owned by Roland, do you think Rapture has any of the old Roland ROMpler sounds from their old equipment, like the JV 2080 or the SC88?
No. Rapture was made long before Roland was engaged in Cakewalk and now they are not.
Gibson is the new Co. Owner now :)

murnau wrote:
jackmazzotti wrote:i can't find the upgrade on jrrshop
https://www.jrrshop.com/cakewalk-rapture-pro-upgrade
thank you!

mutantdog wrote:The two videos Cakewalk have put on YouTube do little to convince me to upgrade. The new browser is an improvement on the original but really its nothing special. The performance page is cool and all but a few macros and a (admittedly cool-looking) vector mixer are hardly revolutionary. While both aspects are welcome, they are pretty much standard affair for modern synths and fall well behind comparative features on many other instruments.

What I want to see, and the only reason I would pay to upgrade is how this synth functions as a synth, how deep and intuitive is its sound editing and manipulation capabilities. How does it improve on Rapture classic in this regard? What sort of audio does the 10GB consist of apart from the old DimPro content? The JRR discount might tempt me if I think I'll be using this in any great depth. Nothing I've seen yet though demonstrates that its worth more to me than anything i already own.
rapture really excels at rhythmic loops
add in the galbanum presets and waveforms for more exploration into the unknown

jackmazzotti wrote:rapture really excels at rhythmic loops
add in the galbanum presets and waveforms for more exploration into the unknown
That doesn't really answer why I should upgrade from the perfectly good Rapture I already own.

Well for me it's worth it just to have a fully functioning unified Mac version of Dimension and Rapture, a much better browser, and the ability to use the preset packs I already have.

"What I want to see, and the only reason I would pay to upgrade is how this synth functions as a synth, how deep and intuitive is its sound editing and manipulation capabilities. How does it improve on Rapture classic in this regard? What sort of audio does the 10GB consist of apart from the old DimPro content?"

Those are the questions indeed, mutantdog!

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Mystic wrote:What will Rapture Pro be able to do that I can't already do with something like Omnisphere 2 or Serum?
Nothing.
In case anybody failed to notice: My answer was tongue-in-cheek of course.
The usual KVR-question of "I have these XX and YY other synths already, do I need Synth ZZ" always triggers an instant "No" in my mind, I simply can't help it... ;-) :shrug:

If I take the "Need" in these questions literally, then in 99% of the cases the answer is probably "Not really".
But usually the questions is more like "I have GAS, please give me an excuse to give in to it". ;-)

As for Rapture Pro: I think it's most attractive to people who already have Rapture and/or Dimension, actually use them and want it unified as well as brought up to 2015 standards (or working at all on the Mac).
Soundwise it's not that hot and the possibilities are not that amazing IMO.
I don't think anybody really "Needs" it (in a "Must have my precious!" sense).
If you can't make music with Omnisphere and Serum, I'm not sure if Rapture Pro will do any good for you.
It's not bad, I just don't think it's anywhere up to the Omnisphere/Serum/Diva level.

Just my 42 cent of course ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

just the 64 bit mac version is reason enough alone for me to upgrade
it looks like it is going to easy to program too
i like the idea of the vector mixer and all the dim pro sounds inside too
as far as being as powerful as other synths are concerned i would say rapture is a little misunderstood because
its menu is fiddly to program and a lot of features are hidden away
raptures envelopes are very powerful along with the step sequencers and lfos and it also uses sfz files
some of which can be imported over from alchemy
setting envelopes and step sequences to different values and length can lead to morphing and evolving sounds quite different than anything else

Cheers Jack.
Also wondering if it's worthwhile for those who didn't use Rapture or Dim Pro.
Seems like those who have old presets will be happy, but what about new users?
I do like Z3ta+2 though :tu:

Fleer wrote:Cheers Jack.
Also wondering if it's worthwhile for those who didn't use Rapture or Dim Pro.
Seems like those who have old presets will be happy, but what about new users?
I do like Z3ta+2 though :tu:
it is one of my all time favorite synths right along side omni, absynth, serum and rip alchemy
all of which can use alternate tunings files too
rapture uses .scl files, omni and serum use .tun and absynth uses its own format

i prefer rapture over z3ta
i can get very strange organic sounds with rapture using metasynth samples, galbanum waveforms and odd combos of set seq and envelopes
i love z3ta too but its i little more straight ahead

ChillPenguin wrote:For $79 it seems like a pretty good deal to me
With the FORUM code you will get the price down to $70.31 at JRR Shop ;)

https://www.jrrshop.com/cakewalk-rapture-pro-upgrade

"group" got it down to 66.36 for me
the end of april is going to be great
28th for r pro
30th for the big O2

jackmazzotti wrote:"group" got it down to 66.36 for me
Cool :hyper:

Had forgot that one, so for those in the know it is either KVR, FORUM or GROUP :wink:

must have free download for rapture users
http://patcharena.com/downloads/comment ... 21edb7ffa4

jackmazzotti wrote:must have free download for rapture users
http://patcharena.com/downloads/comment ... 21edb7ffa4
tons of other free goodies on that site

Return to “Instruments”