Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

Yes they do, I think the comments are pretty fair and accurate. They say that apart from amalgamating the two instruments (which was a logical step considering the amount of overlap between them) not a lot has been added, loading wavs is a mess (big untidy 10GB folder of disorganised stuff, no preview), the Rapture wavetable synth part is still only wavetable in that it loads them, it doesn't really play them as wavetables synths do, soso preset collection compared to recent competitors (eg Omnisphere 2) and lots of bugs.

It is also some credit to CM that they are not dictated by ad-money

They had that Rapture giveaway last year, but still can "bite the hand that feeds"

Numanoid wrote:It is also some credit to CM that they are not dictated by ad-money

They had that Rapture giveaway last year, but still can "bite the hand that feeds"
Well I would argue that to critique a product in this way is generally constructive anyway, it's not doing Cakewalk any favours to gloss over the weaknesses in Rapture pro, and as an owner of it myself it's neither in my best interest or theirs for it to fail, I want nothing more than for it to develop into something much better, which I think it could be. Tough love.

As I own but don't use Rapture and Dimension Pro, my expectations were pretty low. Rapture Pro meets my expectations. This'll be mag ware soon.
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

In the end it's biblical: For the Lord disciplines the one he loves

Not that CM is the Lord in any sense, just that users have a tendency in general to have higher standards for plugs we use(d) to like.

Numanoid wrote:A big 2 page spread review, but only 6/10 awarded from CM to Rapture Pro :?

Rapture Pro doesn't manage to bring its predecessors up to date, we're sad to say. It does come with a lot of sounds, though.
Which issue please? I quickly checked the last 3 issues and didn't see it there.

Thanks
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Brand new one. Released via Zinio early. August 2015.

And Newsstand

jsp1979 wrote:Brand new one. Released via Zinio early. August 2015.
OK......?

I got it delivered in Zinio today, issue 219

Numanoid wrote:
OK......?

I got it delivered in Zinio today, issue 219

Apparently hasn't hit my Zinio account yet. I'll keep looking.

Cheers
-B
Berfab

BERFAB wrote:Apparently hasn't hit my Zinio account yet. I'll keep looking.
Got the notification early this morning.

Have you logged into your Zinio account to check, or could your sub have run out?

:oops: subscription ran out.

You'd think they'd hound me a bit to renew. Oh well. Gotta go dust off the credit card.

-B
Berfab

Numanoid wrote:
OK......?
Why the "ok...?" ?

jsp1979 wrote:Why the "ok...?" ?
This got me thinking that the issue would be published in 6 weeks :clown:

"early. August 2015"

Numanoid wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:Why the "ok...?" ?
This got me thinking that the issue would be published in 6 weeks :clown:

"early. August 2015"
Zinio sent me a notification last night and that's before CM even had it on their Facebook page. That's what I meant by "early."

Return to “Instruments”