Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

I got this because I loved Rapture and DimPro, just got my paycheck, and had little sense to check beforehand.

I'm not really happy. I haven't gotten it to boot-- it freezes whenever I try to get the UI to appear. Meaning, not working at all.

I contacted support Tuesday, after they closed, and was hoping for a response today. I've tried it in FL 12, my main squeeze ;), Music Creator 6, because why not use their own native application, and VSTHost because I got desperate.

Pretty soon, I'm going to be asking for a refund. Seriously, this is annoying.

That's a pity. I bought Rapture back when there was a $20 bargain. Never got to install it, because I didn't have an OS X three generations back at hand. Not even sure if the registration of the serial on their website was ever successful.

So this new version was supposed to fix that for everyone in a similar situation, right? I'd even have paid the upgrade cost, seeing that it has this enormous library. But reading about these issues, I bit the bullet and finally got Omnisphere. And starting two days after the release date, everything has been smooth sailing and a real pleasure to work with. And as they keep telling us, it will take a lifetime to use each of the presets I like just once. And by the time I have rated all presets, they'll probably release an update with even more.

I got burned way back by YellowTools, whose installation was really bad and things got worse with each software update. I had it working for a few weeks, finished one song with it, loved the piano and a few other instruments, but before and after that brief period, it was nothing but trouble. In the same vein as this Rapture release - installation and activation just didn't work. In my case, it un-registered itself. And with YellowTools, it was never fixed. They sold their company to Magix and the owner is now head of their software development :)

So, as much as I wanted Rapture to finally work, I'll stay clear of this. Despite the great deal ;)
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

It is tempting to jump in and get Rapture Pro for just $67 at JRR Shop.

But reading the last couple of pages in the thread, makes me think again.

Lots of bugs...

Same here, Num, not going for it.

Make that a third vote for stearing clear. It's a shame they haven't fixed this yet. By the time it goes back to full price they'll have it fixed.

I'm sure they will fix it. But generally speaking, the poor QA is good reason to avoid this synth until its at a bargain basement price again, which someday eventually it will be. I bought DimPro and Rapture before at bargain price, and while the price was great, I never use them. The sound is dated. being 32bit doesn't help, but somehow I did get it working and continues to work in Mavericks, etc...but nonetheless, the mere fact Cakewalk left us all in the dark for so long with no support whatsoever to install it on newer OSX, and never made it 64bit either. Just kind of left us hanging there and yet still even had it for sale no less. Then suddenly they come out with new version, and yes it has a nicer gui, probably some new sound programming, ok..great..finally its 64bit and will install on current OSX. To me its not even worth the current discount price. I don't trust cakewalk to back up the product with proper support, especially on OSX. When its $20 I might get it.

Z3TA2, however, is an excellent synth and I highly reccomend that one, even though its sold by Cakewalk.

On the other hand I am loving up and down Omnisphere2, which was quite a bit more expensive, but absolutely no contest.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Was thinking of upgrade to Rapture Pro or way to buy it second hand or upgrade to omnisphere 2. What do you think?

Guys, I'm a Mac user and haven't used Rapture or Z3ta+2 before. Are these synths worth buying as the combo package from JRR (using the GROUP coupon code, I can get both for $166) or am I better off to pay the extra for something like Omnisphere 2? I'm a wind controller player (WX5 and AKAI EWI) and am looking for a synth with "fresh" leads and pads that are nice and fat when played monophonically.

Something else for me to bear in mind is that I'll be running multiple instances of the synth in Apple MainStage for each patch that I use, and so the synth will need to be pretty efficient with system resources....so I'm thinking that Omnisphere 2 may be out of the question because it's pretty demanding.

Anyone have some thoughts?

Cheers

My MacBook Pro specs are: mid-2014 15" Retina i7 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD.
SYSTEM SPECS: MacBook Pro 15" Retina 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD, MOTU Ultralite Mk 3 (FireWire only), Apple MainStage

UPDATE: OS X users can now download the new Command Center update which improves the installation process for Rapture Pro. If you were an OS X user having issues installing Rapture Pro, please login to Command Center and install the new update. In addition to the Command Center update, we are working to address reported issues in Rapture Pro. An update to Rapture Pro will be available in early June. Thanks.

beatmangler443 wrote:Was thinking of upgrade to Rapture Pro or way to buy it second hand or upgrade to omnisphere 2. What do you think?
Given the current atmosphere of both, I would have to go with O2.
(I'm actually loving H5 more and more though.)
I'm also considering Sonar in general as a four year derailment leading me back to Steinberg.

Everything I'm 'hearing' from Sonar ATM, I've heard before... :shrug:

Any reason to think this will address the problem of Rapture Pro crashing Live 9 when loading in 64bit mode?
AROSSA [Cakewalk] wrote:UPDATE: OS X users can now download the new Command Center update which improves the installation process for Rapture Pro. If you were an OS X user having issues installing Rapture Pro, please login to Command Center and install the new update. In addition to the Command Center update, we are working to address reported issues in Rapture Pro. An update to Rapture Pro will be available in early June. Thanks.

jc_vt wrote:Any reason to think this will address the problem of Rapture Pro crashing Live 9 when loading in 64bit mode?
That seems very unlikely, since, as described, this is only a change to the CCC for Mac users and addresses the numerous installation issues going on.

Sounds like the update at the start of June is more likely (hopefully) to address the 64 bit crashes in Live, etc. As well, one hopes, as the absurdly long loading times numerous people are describing.

-M

BBFG# wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:Was thinking of upgrade to Rapture Pro or way to buy it second hand or upgrade to omnisphere 2. What do you think?
Given the current atmosphere of both, I would have to go with O2.
(I'm actually loving H5 more and more though.)
I'm also considering Sonar in general as a four year derailment leading me back to Steinberg.

Everything I'm 'hearing' from Sonar ATM, I've heard before... :shrug:
Halion 5? You know BBFG I really feel if steinberg pushed halion to compete with Kontakt and Halionsonic other companies would be in trouble. Halionsonic 2 is the best in my collection.

AROSSA [Cakewalk] wrote:UPDATE: OS X users can now download the new Command Center update which improves the installation process for Rapture Pro. If you were an OS X user having issues installing Rapture Pro, please login to Command Center and install the new update. In addition to the Command Center update, we are working to address reported issues in Rapture Pro. An update to Rapture Pro will be available in early June. Thanks.
Don't know about the other problems people have reported, but this does fix the bug where RP could not be authorized under Mac OS 10.8.x.

So, I needed to read a random audio forum in order to find out that there is an update for CC, related to Rapture Pro and a showstopper issue that I have been experiencing for more than 3 weeks (translates to "I gave you money more than 3 weeks ago and I couldn't use the product I paid for, for 3 f**king weeks").

I mean, It's not like you have a database that holds information about your customers and products they own and their email addresses.

Nope. I should be reading various forums to keep up with what Cakewalk is doing :dog:

Return to “Instruments”