Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:)

For the synths, yes.

But for effects, particularly native ones, it is much easier for me to have the list alphabetically, as the screenshots are too alike. I found to be easier to look for names rather than images. So I turned the thumbnails off.

I still have one day left of my demo time.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

hivkorn wrote:
Studio One Free has been re-named Studio One Prime, and will be available in June.
It is the studio one demo who auto rename in 'prime' when the demo expire.
Well, I thought this would be an elegant way...
But it didn't happen. The demo just stopped working.

:?

I suppose Prime will be another authorization/license.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

Something seems to be up with plugin blacklisting, normally when a plugin crashes on scan it gets blacklisted and not scanned the next time but I'm in an endless loop now with Rapture Pro VST3 crashing the scan but not getting blacklisted so I can't load S1 at all, going to have to remove the VST3 just to get it to load. Is there any way to add plugins to the blacklist manually?

Edit - looks like I can open the blacklist file in a text editor, however as there is nothing in it I'm not sure what form a blacklist plugin needs to be added in, does it need the whole path, just the name, extension, any tags or parentheses?

aMUSEd, are you looking in Vstplugins.settings? That's what I know of for v2, assume it still applies ot v3 but I don't know. Thread here has info: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.p ... 306#p20306, says this:

When S1 is closed you can blacklist any plugin directly by opening Vstplugins.settings with a text editor and set the smiley attribute to sad for the plugs you want to blacklist.
here for me: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 2\x64\
<!-- Blacklist VST -->
smiley=":("
<!-- Whitelist VST -->
smiley=";)"

dwozzle wrote:aMUSEd, are you looking in Vstplugins.settings? That's what I know of for v2, assume it still applies ot v3 but I don't know. Thread here has info: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.p ... 306#p20306, says this:

When S1 is closed you can blacklist any plugin directly by opening Vstplugins.settings with a text editor and set the smiley attribute to sad for the plugs you want to blacklist.
<!-- Blacklist VST -->
<!-- Whitelist VST -->
smiley=";)"
OK thanks - but it looks like VST3 settings are in a different file Plugins-en.settings - and it doesn't have the smiley face thing - I need to add it to VstBlacklist.settings - just not sure what the string would be, if anyone has this with some plugins in it can you check the syntax please?

Scottex wrote:Btw S1 v3 stretching algorythm sound worser than v2, not impressed by the eye candy...
You could always switch to cubase and try their timestretching and workflow.

beatmangler443 wrote:
Scottex wrote:Btw S1 v3 stretching algorythm sound worser than v2, not impressed by the eye candy...
This is true. Cubase Pro 8 is still the king in this area. On the flipside, I totally love the way Melodyne Editor integrates within Studio One 3 for certain audio editing operations, but it's not the same as having the really beautiful audio editing capabilities of Cubase Pro 8.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

aMUSEd wrote:
dwozzle wrote:aMUSEd, are you looking in Vstplugins.settings? That's what I know of for v2, assume it still applies ot v3 but I don't know. Thread here has info: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.p ... 306#p20306, says this:

<!-- Blacklist VST -->
<!-- Whitelist VST -->
smiley=";)"
OK thanks - but it looks like VST3 settings are in a different file Plugins-en.settings - and it doesn't have the smiley face thing - I need to add it to VstBlacklist.settings - just not sure what the string would be, if anyone has this with some plugins in it can you check the syntax please?
I checked in my PC and found VstBlackList and Vstplugins files. If you notice they have the same beginning tags, but the Vstplugins file has all the VST plugins listed. Maybe if you copy from the Vstplugins file a whole <section> [vstplugins information]</section> that related to the synth you want to blacklisted and paste it into VstBlackList?
If that doesn't work, then it means there is a special tag for it. Sorry, I didn't try it. It is just an idea.

Orbit-50 wrote:This is true. Cubase Pro 8 is still the king in this area. On the flipside, I totally love the way Melodyne Editor integrates within Studio One 3 for certain audio editing operations, but it's not the same as having the really beautiful audio editing capabilities of Cubase Pro 8.
Is Cubase Pro 8 better than Cubase 6.5 in this regard? I loved the way variaudio worked in Cubase much better than using Melodyne as a plugin but it slowed my computer down terribly. Now having Melodyne perfectly integrated into Studio One is the best of all for me.

Uncle E wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:This is true. Cubase Pro 8 is still the king in this area. On the flipside, I totally love the way Melodyne Editor integrates within Studio One 3 for certain audio editing operations, but it's not the same as having the really beautiful audio editing capabilities of Cubase Pro 8.
Is Cubase Pro 8 better than Cubase 6.5 in this regard? I loved the way variaudio worked in Cubase much better than using Melodyne as a plugin but it slowed my computer down terribly. Now having Melodyne perfectly integrated into Studio One is the best of all for me.
Yes, plus for audio editing in general is much more feature laden than Studio One 3. I still personally love Studio One 3 with Melodyne Editor for creative editing, more than Cubase Pro 8 at this time though.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:
This is true. Cubase Pro 8 is still the king in this area. On the flipside, I totally love the way Melodyne Editor integrates within Studio One 3 for certain audio editing operations, but it's not the same as having the really beautiful audio editing capabilities of Cubase Pro 8.

.-.
The concern with Cubase is whether is will work or not. ASIO spikes (issues still from 7), metronome issues etc. If you notice studio one I can actually not worry about that stuff and make songs.

The upgrade from Producer 2 to Professional 3 is around $168 on AudioDeluxe. I want to take advantage of this, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how long the SUMMERTIME coupon on AD will be active for that?

beatmangler443 wrote:If you notice studio one I can actually not worry about that stuff and make songs.
Agreed.

Also, Studio One + FaderPort is just too slick.

xphen0m wrote:The upgrade from Producer 2 to Professional 3 is around $168 on AudioDeluxe. I want to take advantage of this, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how long the SUMMERTIME coupon on AD will be active for that?
That is our year round price:

https://blowout.jrrshop.com/presonus

Uncle E wrote:
xphen0m wrote:The upgrade from Producer 2 to Professional 3 is around $168 on AudioDeluxe. I want to take advantage of this, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how long the SUMMERTIME coupon on AD will be active for that?
That is our year round price:

https://blowout.jrrshop.com/presonus
Thanks for the heads up.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”