Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LawrenceF wrote:The screenshots you posted are v1, early v1, like (I think) before 1.5.

You can tell by the missing items on the main toolbar.
My bad...you are correct...excuse my enormous brain fart. :scared:

AlesisVi61 wrote:
I don't have any use for Transfuser,so that's not an issue for me.

Despite all of the updates I've made,my display issue persists;
Strange! Let me re check in my laptop because it has 125% dpi for text. Although I don't remember I have any such problem.

So, the possibilities are (I think) either related to windows dpi or S1v1 or of course bug in Air's instruments.

I suggest to download the demo of S1v3 and see if the same happens. Also check the display settings for the text dpi.

EnGee wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote:
I don't have any use for Transfuser,so that's not an issue for me.

Despite all of the updates I've made,my display issue persists;
Strange! Let me re check in my laptop because it has 125% dpi for text. Although I don't remember I have any such problem.

So, the possibilities are (I think) either related to windows dpi or S1v1 or of course bug in Air's instruments.

I suggest to download the demo of S1v3 and see if the same happens. Also check the display settings for the text dpi.
I had already tried out S1 v3 & after being disappointed with the absence of any Presence XT sounds,I deleted everything 15 minutes after I downloaded it and it appears that it's a one-time download.
I can't imagine a trial demo allowing 3rd party VST's anyway(especially since S1 Artist doesn't allow 3rd party vst's.)

AlesisVi61 wrote:I can't imagine a trial demo allowing 3rd party VST's anyway(especially since S1 Artist doesn't allow 3rd party vst's.)
I got the trial of V3 today and it's basically Professional with full functionality for 30 days.

I am demo'ing S3 V3, but it doesn't support MP3 export. I suspect this is merely a limitation of the demo since my V2 pro version support MP3 exports. Can anyone confirm?
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

kev2525 wrote:I am demo'ing S3 V3, but it doesn't support MP3 export. I suspect this is merely a limitation of the demo since my V2 pro version support MP3 exports. Can anyone confirm?
Confirmed. AIFF, FLAC etc. options also available in the full version.

Re MP3. It's all a matter of licensing. MS bought the rights for very limited mp3 encoding. (16 bit 44.1 k) from Fraunhofer not to sure about Apple.

In order to encode in mp3 you need an mp3 encoder. Fraunhofer has all the rights control locked up. Fraunhofer mp3 encoding licensing costs and daws don't want the legal issues of lame or paying Fraunhofer. Generally these days you have to pay extra for the Fraunhofer encoding after the fact. Or you could export in standard format and then convert via any other mp3 conversion tool which ...takes a little more time.

Personally I think mp3 is a crap format. aiff, flac, wma etc are all vastly superior.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I just bought S1V3 on the Xgrade deal (Cubase 8 user....) for under £200 which is great value. After 3 days I have already taken the cheap (E150) upgrade to Meladine Edit...totally hooked. Love S1, Love Meladine.

I had never even tried S1 or Meladine before as similar features were in Cubase, but I just fell out of love with Cubase (a little more each release...) and now love my sexy, younger more intuitive DAW ;-) I have no baggage with S1 having not used it before, but keep finding amazing and really clever workflow features- having come from Cubase/Wavelab Studio One is ideal for me (small home studio guy) and I get things done so mauch faster and feel Like i know S1 better after a few days than I knew Cubase after 5 years! (which says more about me than Cubase!)

And for the record, I only tried S1V3 as I thought it 'looked' pretty cool...so they got at least one new user with the eye candy!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I purchased the Air Instruments a few months ago and had a number of problems with the VST GUIs in Studio One 2, especially Transfusor – although I'm on a Mac. However, the AU versions seem to work fine without the GUI disappearing etc. Studio One 3 has crashed on shutdown a number of times so I would say 3 does not appear to be as stable as the last version of 2. I haven't had enough time to really crash test it lately so I'll reserve judgement on the stability of 3. I will say that all of the functions I'm used to are the same so that's a good thing... And I like the interface much better than the old "blue" wireframe look. New instruments are really quite good as well!

I have to throw my .02 in on Transfusor – when I first attempted to use it I really couldn't figure out what to make of it... was it a looper, a synth or something like Dr. Rex. When I discovered that you can turn on the multi-out in the utilities section and make it function like a giant rhythm machine with synths, drums, and percussion going to multiple tracks... the lightbulb came on! It's pretty killer for layering up complex wall of sound type tracks that can be added to existing synth plugins running in a composition. And it's pretty efficient from my testing. The only caveat so far is that when you put it in multi-mode you can't play back from the interface to audition new parts. So I usually load another in a separate track to test parts... then add them to my multi-out instrument. If you've never found a use for it, check this functionality out. It's really pretty awesome...

:phones:

xphen0m wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote:I can't imagine a trial demo allowing 3rd party VST's anyway(especially since S1 Artist doesn't allow 3rd party vst's.)
I got the trial of V3 today and it's basically Professional with full functionality for 30 days.
This.

I was able to fully work on a mix using all kinds of third party VSTs with just the demo.

Btw S1 v3 stretching algorythm sound worser than v2, not impressed by the eye candy...

Which one? There are several. And the new elastique3 should be way better than before.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

tapper mike wrote:Personally I think mp3 is a crap format.
It is. I never render mp3 less than 192 and for the most part almost always render at 320k, which sounds good enough.

I just upgraded my S1 2 Pro to V3. I must say that I really like the new darker GUI. Arranger track is also awesome and I can see it
helping me with one of my biggest weaknesses when it comes to composing tracks, which happens to be building the song structure.

I have never been a big fan of instrument layering because it's always extra work and complicates things. This new layering system however makes it so easy that I can see myself using it quite a bit actually.

Mai Tai sounds really nice as well. Of course I already had quite a few synths so it was not the most important new feature for me, but I like it nevertheless. I also find some of the new Presence XT sounds to be really useful. Of course I didn't try them all.

My favorite new feature however, is the new plugin screenshot system in the browser. This probably sounds stupid but for me it's something huge as I have waited for something like this for so long! My plugin toolbox is constantly growing and because of my bad memory I constantly forget what tool I was looking for. It's so much easier to find the right tool when you see it as an image.
I actually had this same thing as a feature request many for another DAW, but unfortunately it never came into reality. I always thought it was a good idea and I am really happy to see it that it's in S1.

Only thing I don't quite understand about the V3 yet is that why I can't download the soundset builder from the Presonus Exchange?
I can see it in there but the install button does not lit at all.

I used to have some problems with high CPU usage with V2, but that was on my 6-core desktop.
So far I have not experienced the same sort of problems with V3 which I installed on my slower 4-core laptop. I guess I got to do more tests with it before I can sigh in relief.

Overall I am very pleased with this upgrade. S1 feels like it's a very well polished package. It's very pleasant to look at and it's easy and inspiring to use.

I got to give thumbs up for this one!

Capture.JPG
I love seeing little pictures of my plug ins, some may just think its eye candy, for me its often a reminder of what stuff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”