Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

Has there been a Nave update since early August? I don't think I've seen one in my email.
Ha ha suck it!

Latest version is 1.11 and you always find it here:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/nave-plugin-updates

My goal is to do another version this year with new features like FX param modulations. However, as always in software it's hard to predict things. So, keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks
Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

temporubato wrote:Latest version is 1.11 and you always find it here:

My goal is to do another version this year with new features like FX param modulations. However, as always in software it's hard to predict things. So, keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks
Rolf
The parameter modulations are going to be a very welcome addition. I must say, I'm not sure you could make the actual effects any better; the delay, reverb, and flanger are a big part of why Nave is my go to "wave synth". It both sounds and looks phenomenal. Then there are the close controls, which offer capabilities other synths don't (I'll let the users find out how on their own).

For awhile I wanted more filter options, but then I realized that's how Waldorf's synths complement each other. If you want a bunch of filter features, well, Largo has a TON of them. So I now have PPG 3, Largo, AND Nave...all bases covered 8)
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
temporubato wrote:Latest version is 1.11 and you always find it here:

Thanks
Rolf
The parameter modulations are going to be a very welcome addition. I must say, I'm not sure you could make the actual effects any better; the delay, reverb, and flanger are a big part of why Nave is my go to "wave synth". It both sounds and looks phenomenal. Then there are the close controls, which offer capabilities other synths don't (I'll let the users find out how on their own).

For awhile I wanted more filter options, but then I realized that's how Waldorf's synths complement each other. If you want a bunch of filter modulation features, well, Largo has a TON of them. So I now have PPG 3, Largo, AND Nave...all bases covered 8)
My only request for Nave is more modulation targets in the Matrix. Too many have been left out. I know you can use MIDI control but that method is sloppy and a PITA. Plus, it doesn't actually carry over when the patch is imported by another person. They still have to do their own MIDI assigns or the modulations don't work. Now you're talking about including patch notes within the patch itself, which NAVE doesn't have the option to do anyway.

Otherwise, I love the synth and am having a blast making a patch library for it.

wagtunes wrote:
My only request for Nave is more modulation targets in the Matrix. Too many have been left out. I know you can use MIDI control but that method is sloppy and a PITA. Plus, it doesn't actually carry over when the patch is imported by another person. They still have to do their own MIDI assigns or the modulations don't work. Now you're talking about including patch notes within the patch itself, which NAVE doesn't have the option to do anyway.

Otherwise, I love the synth and am having a blast making a patch library for it.
I remember you had a tiny bit of trouble getting into Nave at first. I just kept quiet, as I knew you'd like it once you got a handle on it. Pretty cool synth, huh? :wink: :)
Ha ha suck it!

I love Nave... The filters and the distortion. MMMmmmm.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Apostate wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

I remember you had a tiny bit of trouble getting into Nave at first. I just kept quiet, as I knew you'd like it once you got a handle on it. Pretty cool synth, huh? :wink: :)
It is. It's just a little frustrating when I want to modulate something like unison spread in the matrix and I can't. There are so many FX I could do with this thing that I can't because of the mod matrix limitations.

Robmobius wrote:I love Nave... The filters and the distortion. MMMmmmm.
You and me both, Robmobius. I understand the overwhelming popularity of Serum (the modulation options are insane...in the "good" way). I just don't like the sound, it's very flat to me overall. I like the French and German options in the filter and that's about it (and that's out of all those options, pretty lame imo). Plus, I'm about sick to death of the EDM catering (though I like EDM, too many synths today seem to suck up to that genre, and it's getting real old). Granted, overall Serum is a far more opaque synth than the supremely characterful Waldorf crew. I just happen to love that oh so distinctive Waldorf sound.

I realize that sound isn't for everybody, which helps explain Serum's popularity (Serum being considered supreme for EDM in the wave synth realm...last I checked). I could be wrong.

wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

It is. It's just a little frustrating when I want to modulate something like unison spread in the matrix and I can't. There are so many FX I could do with this thing that I can't because of the mod matrix limitations.
Looking back on Rolf's posts for the past several months, we're going to be very happy with the upcoming versions of Nave.
Ha ha suck it!

temporubato wrote:If you like it, I'll put some funny code into Nave's next version :-)
Uh eh, better not then :)

Rolf I'm working on a Nave only track for the contest. That's the rule right? Nave only without effects etc.?
Is there any discussion thread or place for this?

Hm, I'm not so involved in the contest in terms of rules and conditions. Bett you check with Waldorf people for this.

FYI: There's a Nave update 1.12 supporting the Native Instruments NKS standard available for download.

Cheers
Rolf

Cheers, seems to be working nicely.

Made this using 9 instances of Nave.
Let me know what you guys think :)

https://soundcloud.com/soarer/heart-nerve

I just won the Nave demo challenge with this track :D
Thanks Waldorf - glad you like it!

http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/nave-demo-challenge

This week-end only:

Use Coupon Code "kontrol" to geht Nave reuduced to about 96€ (exact amount may vary from country to country due to rates, taxes etc)

http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de

Return to “Instruments”