Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

Apostate wrote:Hoping for more tutorials, I expect my esteem for Nave is destined to continue growing the more I use and learn about it.
Hi

any topics you like to see first for tutorials?

Cheers
Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

rod_zero wrote:Yes the GUI is a Joke:

Can't believe they release with such a bug, when you try to change a preset that window appear and it doesn't respond to clicks.

Now I wasted days of the demo...
Hi

this seems to be happen when setting under Windows 7 within "Control Panel" the screen & text elements to a size other than 100% ("Appearance & Customization" -> "Display" -> "Make text and other items larger or smaller"). I'm working on a fix right now which is made asap available for download. Will post a message here, when it's ready. In the meantime you could set this setting to 100% for testing.

Cheers
Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

I really like the graphic window. It's one of the things I like over Serum.

As far as GUI improvements, I think Nave could do with a separate Oscillator window or control, plus having a more explicit/wave-style view of the LFOs would put this plugin over the top in my humble opinion.

I think having a wave representation of the LFO is probably more important than an expanded Oscillator view, on the latter I'm gaining more ground as far as understanding goes. Still, I guess I'm just one of those weirdos who like seeing what I'm dealing with all at once (might be a bit nitpicky of a request).

Also, a more detailed/comprehensive user manual. Definitely. The current UM is pretty much a wash imo.

As far as purchasing Nave, if it were $30 cheaper I'd buy it today. As it is, I'm still certain to buy it, it's too good a synth not to have in my collection, and as another member noted, there are sounds available right off the bat that aren't in Serum or Z3ta (as you can tell I consider those two the best in wavetable synths up to recently).
Ha ha suck it!

temporubato wrote: Hi

any topics you like to see first for tutorials?

Cheers
Rolf
Hi Rolf,

I'd like to see a tutorial about the best practices for analyzing and importing sample sounds. The manual is woefully brief on this.

Like, what audio file lengths work best, what sample rates, etc. Of course, experimenting is half the fun, but some guidelines would be appreciated, along with practical examples.

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Hi Rolf,

One piece of advice here. Once you're done that hotfix/patch for Nave, put the download up for it as an incremental patch instead of reuploading the entire installer again. Nave is a pretty big synth (430mb on Win) so it'd be fairly frustrating to redownload the whole thing for every update. Just put out an installer that will update the 1.0 install to 1.01 (or whatever the version number ends up being).

KingTuck wrote:Hi Rolf,

One piece of advice here. Once you're done that hotfix/patch for Nave, put the download up for it as an incremental patch instead of reuploading the entire installer again. Nave is a pretty big synth (430mb on Win) so it'd be fairly frustrating to redownload the whole thing for every update. Just put out an installer that will update the 1.0 install to 1.01 (or whatever the version number ends up being).
Sensible suggestion. But you seem to have forgotten a rather useful English word: please.

It's called 'manners'.

/Joachim

Spitfire31 wrote:

Sensible suggestion. But you seem to have forgotten a rather useful English word: please.

It's called 'manners'.

/Joachim
Even better, "please" run through the Nave engine :lol:

Just kidding.
Ha ha suck it!

I think, given the enormous potential of this synth, that "free updates for life" would be a deal sealer for sure. In fact, that might even make the perfect "birthing" enticement. Buy now and receive...hard to pass that up. After having spent several more hours with this synth, I think its potential is staggering.
Ha ha suck it!

Spitfire31 wrote:

It's called 'manners'.

/Joachim
Why you felt obligated to post this is beyond me.

KingTuck wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:

It's called 'manners'.

/Joachim
That figures.

/Joachim

Spitfire31 wrote:
KingTuck wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:

It's called 'manners'.

/Joachim
That figures.

/Joachim
It's a logical suggestion to save bandwidth for both Waldorf and the user. We're talking about a product that costs 156,00 €, not freeware. In any case, I'll end your attempt to needlessly (and with much vanity) derail the thread there. A tip, please save arrogance for situations that one can actually input such a thing. You created a chance to offer unsolicited manners in a completely inappropriate context.

Don't be such a rude fool!

It's called 'not being an idiot'.

/Sig

Not sure on this, but I think he was just kidding around, KingTuck.

Does anyone else like the effects on Nave? I was going to break out my H-Delay and Steinberg Flanger to augment my new patch, but I actually like what's onboard here (a rare thing for plugins, besides the obvious like Gladiator).
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:Not sure on this, but I think he was just kidding around, KingTuck.

Does anyone else like the effects on Nave? I was going to break out my H-Delay and Steinberg Flanger to augment my new patch, but I actually like what's onboard here (a rare thing for plugins, besides the obvious like Gladiator).
Since you brought it up, why are the FX of most VSTs so bad or, at best, just okay? Would it really be that much more costly to include premium ones? And if so, don't you think most serious musicians would gladly pay the cost?

wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:Not sure on this, but I think he was just kidding around, KingTuck.

Since you brought it up, why are the FX of most VSTs so bad or, at best, just okay? Would it really be that much more costly to include premium ones? And if so, don't you think most serious musicians would gladly pay the cost?
I am always thankful that I am getting any FX at all. All my reverb plugins don't even come with a synth, let alone a bad synth.

Spitfire31 wrote:

It's called 'manners'.

/Joachim
There's a lot of languages (including Scandinavian) where there is really no word for "please." A lot of these cultures are very informal. It's not meant to offend.

Return to “Instruments”