Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

temporubato wrote:re 2)

This is already on our list. Won't take too long.

re 1)

You mean you would like to apply something like keytrack not only to filter but also to other mod targets, but still playing the arp notes?

Or do you mean it more like a step functions which modulates a parameter while for ex. holding a single note?
The way you mentioned 1) is an excellent idea, but I meant the latter. The sounds attainable with this type of parameter are quite striking, and would really complement the Nave palette. It will be fascinating to hear how that works with the Nave "signature sound", a sound that is very forward looking and cinematic to my ears. We're talking an exponentially increased amount of sound design options.

I must tell you, I'm VERY happy to hear about 2) getting added soon. That was something I yearned for several times while programming.
Ha ha suck it!

Another extremely cool side to Nave I discovered and experimented with today: the controls open at the bottom to reveal the blade keyboard. Of special interest to sound designers are the scale/key/chord controls to the left of the blades, for experimental stuff this is something to keep one occupied and inspired for long periods of time (don't forget the modulation options below the abovementioned controls as well). In fact, I'm going back to them now...
Ha ha suck it!

Reaper daw
Anyone else having problems with the vst . The control section at the bottom cuts off on the x mod setting for the pads and blades.
These windows usually have a scroll bar in the vst but this one doesn't.
Version 1.01 - 64bit version I think.

The blades would have been great but I can't get to the modulator controls.
Can the x y pads be automated?

jk-cream2 wrote:Reaper daw
Anyone else having problems with the vst . The control section at the bottom cuts off on the x mod setting for the pads and blades.
These windows usually have a scroll bar in the vst but this one doesn't.
Version 1.01 - 64bit version I think.

The blades would have been great but I can't get to the modulator controls.
Can the x y pads be automated?
Hi

which version of Reaper is this? And which OS?

Cheers
Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

Reaper 4.402/x64 and 4.75/x64 - I've got the vst on small size setting from system menu.

Just noticed that it is the x64 version of the dll that cuts off the bottom.
The x86 dll seems to be okay but the window doesn't behave the same, it seems to just sit in front of the program which is why I like the x64 version of the dll.

Windows 7 pc.

Hi

there's a little update 1.02 for Windows user 1.02 available:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/nave-plugin-updates

It fixes some graphics update problem under certain display settings.

Cheers
Rolf

jk-cream2 wrote:Reaper 4.402/x64 and 4.75/x64 - I've got the vst on small size setting from system menu.

Just noticed that it is the x64 version of the dll that cuts off the bottom.
The x86 dll seems to be okay but the window doesn't behave the same, it seems to just sit in front of the program which is why I like the x64 version of the dll.
Hm, haven't tested 4.75. Any reason why not upgrading to 4.78 ?

Also, what are your auto resizing preferences?

If you like, please email a screenshot or video to info@temporubato.com

Reaper always has been particular with UI stuff. So, I like to see what it looks like for you.

Cheers
Rolf

Is there a way to apply Q to any other EQ parameter besides the mid? Make up gain on the compressor would also be quite nice.

I continue to make extremely interesting sounds with Nave, but I run into a wall with the lack of modulation options for the effects. I believe it was mentioned that's in the works for the future, so that's a very good thing.

Again, I might have missed this, but undo/redo capabilities are needed. Also, to be able to modulate the travel (or position, either word hopefully describes what I'm aiming at) of the XY parameters would be quite interesting, especially since I'm not sure too many other synths have that capability. Papen's Blue II lets one record manual drawings of the XY parameters and play back...but even LFO and Envelopes modulating the different XY parameters via the matrix would offer plenty more useful options for programming.

I have heard from several people their reluctance to purchase the vst Nave version because there weren't features that justified the expense in relation to the ios. I believe the suggestions provided by everyone here can ensure the value of such an expenditure, and in my opinion rocket Nave right up there with Serum, conceivably even surpassing it considering the close controls at the bottom of the gui and the potential therein.
Ha ha suck it!

Another, intriguing idea is to have the options of not only copying and pasting Wavetable 1's modulations, alterations, waveform, etcetera, onto Wavetable 2, but having the option of inverting the entire, pasted set of modulated parameters. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I can do that on a part by part basis with the negative controls in the matrix. However, to be able to invert and/or mirror the entirety of a wavetable's edits...a big time saver, and would most likely yield fascinating results.

Forgive me again if I spoke to soon, I am about to test and see how close I can get to this with the controls available.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:Another, intriguing idea is to have the options of not only copying and pasting Wavetable 1's modulations, alterations, waveform, etcetera, onto Wavetable 2, but having the option of inverting the entire, pasted set of modulated parameters. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I can do that on a part by part basis with the negative controls in the matrix. However, to be able to invert and/or mirror the entirety of a wavetable's edits...a big time saver, and would most likely yield fascinating results.

Forgive me again if I spoke to soon, I am about to test and see how close I can get to this with the controls available.
Hmh, the copy/paste of wave osc settings & table 1 to 2 or the other way round is already implement in my development version here. I think it gets to beta user next week. However, I'm not sure if I understood the inverting stuff.

Apostate wrote:Is there a way to apply Q to any other EQ parameter besides the mid? Make up gain on the compressor would also be quite nice.

I continue to make extremely interesting sounds with Nave, but I run into a wall with the lack of modulation options for the effects. I believe it was mentioned that's in the works for the future, so that's a very good thing.

Again, I might have missed this, but undo/redo capabilities are needed. Also, to be able to modulate the travel (or position, either word hopefully describes what I'm aiming at) of the XY parameters would be quite interesting, especially since I'm not sure too many other synths have that capability. Papen's Blue II lets one record manual drawings of the XY parameters and play back...but even LFO and Envelopes modulating the different XY parameters via the matrix would offer plenty more useful options for programming.

I have heard from several people their reluctance to purchase the vst Nave version because there weren't features that justified the expense in relation to the ios. I believe the suggestions provided by everyone here can ensure the value of such an expenditure, and in my opinion rocket Nave right up there with Serum, conceivably even surpassing it considering the close controls at the bottom of the gui and the potential therein.
We're adding stuff to the plugin in upcoming released, yes! Stay tuned. I guess a first drop of new stuff could be in June.

temporubato wrote:
Apostate wrote:Another, intriguing idea is to have the options of not only copying and pasting Wavetable 1's modulations, alterations, waveform, etcetera, onto Wavetable 2, but having the option of inverting the entire, pasted set of modulated parameters. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I can do that on a part by part basis with the negative controls in the matrix. However, to be able to invert and/or mirror the entirety of a wavetable's edits...a big time saver, and would most likely yield fascinating results.

Hmh, the copy/paste of wave osc settings & table 1 to 2 or the other way round is already implement in my development version here. I think it gets to beta user next week. However, I'm not sure if I understood the inverting stuff.
Let's say the user wishes to copy and then paste the modified Wavetable 1 in whole to Wavetable 2 (Sylenth does something similar), but then wishes to invert/reverse/mirror what he just pasted onto Wavetable 2. He or she would then also have the option of panning the two, mirrored Wavetables; of course there are already the W1 and W2 mix controls for even more options.

I hope I've made it clearer. The changes in the matrix, plus the controls to the left and right of the Spectrum/Cutoff knob...everything mirrored/inverted/reversed. The envelope settings, everything.

Another idea is to provide separate resonance/cutoff knobs for each Wavetable, though I'm whether that is already existent or manageable in the synth's current form, I might be missing something there.

temporubato wrote:
Apostate wrote:Is there a way to apply Q to any other EQ parameter besides the mid? Make up gain on the compressor would also be quite nice.

We're adding stuff to the plugin in upcoming released, yes! Stay tuned. I guess a first drop of new stuff could be in June.

This is very exciting news! :clap: By then I'll have to buy Nave, as my demo will probably run out! :lol:
Ha ha suck it!

Also, perhaps panning controls for each Wavetable and Oscillator, XY assignable...
Ha ha suck it!

Sorry to be going on and on, but considering the extremely cool 3d graphics, spectral editing might be a very exciting possibility...
Ha ha suck it!

Return to “Instruments”