Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

temporubato wrote:
KingTuck wrote:Cool! Thanks. If there's any trouble reproducing the weird interface/cutoff issue let me know.
Hi

the cut off is fixed too. Hope to release update next week.

Cheers
Rolf
Awesome Rolf, thanks! :D

KingTuck wrote:
temporubato wrote:
KingTuck wrote:Cool! Thanks. If there's any trouble reproducing the weird interface/cutoff issue let me know.
Hi

the cut off is fixed too. Hope to release update next week.

Cheers
Rolf
Awesome Rolf, thanks! :D
Yeah, I'm definitely psyched for any Nave updates :tu:
Ha ha suck it!

Hello guys and gals...

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but I was wondering if anyone could help me pin down the default (Windows 8 VST2) location of the wavetables. I'd like to save my own .wtb files to the most practical location within Nave, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Help :?:

Sound Author wrote:Hello guys and gals...

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but I was wondering if anyone could help me pin down the default (Windows 8 VST2) location of the wavetables. I'd like to save my own .wtb files to the most practical location within Nave, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Help :?:
I'm under the impression that all data for Nave is stored within its main .dll/vst3 file. This includes (to my knowledge), the wavetables. As such I'm unsure how, or if it's possible to, save your own wavetables somewhere to be loaded by Nave.

I'm on Mac but I think it should be the same in the Windows version - you can save them anywhere, just go to Wave and create your wavetable, then press the tools button and you will see 'export wavetable' - just save it where you want.

I think when a patch bank is exported the wavetable data must be exported with it too because quite a few of my patches use customised wavetables. So once they are in a preset it doesn't seem to depend on the wavetables being in a specific place (which is good because otherwise things could get complicated).

aMUSEd wrote:I'm on Mac but I think it should be the same in the Windows version - you can save them anywhere, just go to Wave and create your wavetable, then press the tools button and you will see 'export wavetable' - just save it where you want.

I think when a patch bank is exported the wavetable data must be exported with it too because quite a few of my patches use customised wavetables. So once they are in a preset it doesn't seem to depend on the wavetables being in a specific place (which is good because otherwise things could get complicated).
I'm under the impression that he's hoping to import his own wavetables by putting them all in one applicable location/folder.

aMUSEd wrote:I'm on Mac but I think it should be the same in the Windows version - you can save them anywhere, just go to Wave and create your wavetable, then press the tools button and you will see 'export wavetable' - just save it where you want.

Thanks aMUSEd, that's very good news! I'll just create a custom WT folder in my documents!

I'm really enjoying Nave so far. I'm actually very impressed by how CPU economic it is :party:

He can import them too, just use load. But once imported and the preset saved they are just part of the preset I think, they don't seem to go to any other location and as I said, if you export a bank and someone else imports it that includes the custom wavetables , otherwise the app would need people to either just have a common defined location for wavetables or to ask for them when people exchange presets which would get messy.

aMUSEd wrote:...otherwise the app would need people to either just have a common defined location for wavetables or to ask for them when people exchange presets which would get messy.
Yeah, that would be a huge headache. I like the way it stores .wtb data within the presets 8)

Is the update still on for this week? :)

Ok, here's the custom wavetable wisdom:

Custom wavetables are just imported to the currently edited sound. They are not stored in some central location. This has some implications:

- You can put your wavetables where ever you want and load them from there.

- When exporting single patches or whole banks, custom wavetables are embedded in these patch/bank files such you do not have to worry about them.

- If you want just to share a wtb files with your friend, just send them the file.

- If you've got a patch with an interesting custom wavetable, you can extract this wavetable by exporting it and then re-use it in other patches. Alternatively you could duplicate the patch by saving it under new name and then go from there.

Hope that answers all questions. If not, ask!

Cheers
Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

KingTuck wrote:Is the update still on for this week? :)
I'm working still on a feature (using arrow keys for patch browsing). I might either finish it today, or skip this one for v1.1 and do it later.

Any oppinions?

Cheers
Rolf

temporubato wrote:
I'm working still on a feature (using arrow keys for patch browsing). I might either finish it today, or skip this one for v1.1 and do it later.

Any oppinions?

Cheers
Rolf
I'd save it for later. I'd like to get my hands on those 96khz fixes. :)

KingTuck wrote:
temporubato wrote:

Any oppinions?

Cheers
Rolf
I'd save it for later. I'd like to get my hands on those 96khz fixes. :)
Are you in the beta group?

Arrow keys browsing is useful. Don't skip it if you can help it :)

Return to “Instruments”