RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

Eh ?

Version 1.1...where ? :?

Dunc wrote:Eh ?

Version 1.1...where ? :?
Hi

1.1. is in beta. Planned to be released this month in June. If anybody wants to join beta, please PM me.

Cheers
Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

Perhaps being able to modulate the individual parameters of the envelopes, i.e. modulating the attack and/or release with an LFO, or velocity, etc.

Although that would cause quite an overlap with Largo.

More LFO shapes, like Ramp up and down....
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
KingTuck wrote:
Apostate wrote:Hi Rolf, being able to use the close controls/blades in a split way, different for each Wave, would be extremely helpful. I found myself wishing for that function this morning.

I also don't like the resonance and cutoff being global, though you're probably aware of that.

An idea that would make Nave even more self-contained would be to add a transient enhancing effect, along with the attendant modulation capabilities.
What do you mean resonance and cutoff being global? Do you mean that you wish each Wave layer had its own filter module? A transient enhancing effect sounds kind of ridiculous to be honest. When you start getting into that territory you're getting into very complicated sound design territory that will always be better suited for separate tools/FX.

No offence Apostate, you're obviously free to wish for what you'd like and I'll make no attempt to take that away from you, but a lot of your feature requests are inarticulate and frankly, kind of silly. I think you should spend time enjoying the tools you have, learning how they work and how they differ from one another instead of spending most of your time thinking about what more you'd like in them. This is unsolicited advice, so feel free to ignore it (I offer it with no degree of arrogance or hostility), but you've seemingly impulse bought a great deal of synths lately and spend much time putting forth feature requests that are typically not very thoughtful to the design of a useful instrument. I can promise you, almost nobody (not even you) would use most of the features you're looking for.

Again, totally unsolicited, so ignore if you wish. Just my opinion. Know what you have before you decide what it's missing. :)
You have no idea how much time I've spent on this instrument, nothing about what I do for a living, you know nothing about me, son. Take you and your problems elsewhere, while the people whom know something about music and synthesizers, the people whom actually have vision, contribute worthwhile suggestions that are eminently plausible.
Why so defensive?

I know a lot about synthesizers Apostate, I sincerely know more about them then you do. Anyways I was polite in my post to you, I won't get all worked up like you did. I won't stew over superficial ways to sound sophisticated. You've got a really bad ego standing behind your ignorance. I know we'll never have a proper dialogue about this.

Anyways, good job Rolf I'm excited for v1.1. Nave is terrific and I'm a happy license holder of it. Found one bug that seems to come up though. In FL 12 64-bit running the VST3 version of Nave, sometimes the UI needs to be launched first to have the project patch be properly recalled.

For example, if I load up a project that has instances of Nave in it from a previous session. The patch will be slightly different until I click on the instance of Nave to load/launch the interface for it. This seems to be affect the filter. You should be able to replicate this by saving an FL project with multiple Nave instances (make sure their UI's are closed when saving, hit Ctrl-F12 to do that quickly). Reloading it, and comparing the sound differences before and after opening the interface. Once it's been opened once, all is well, but before that there are slight differences that are enough to be a problem.

KingTuck wrote: Why so defensive?

I know a lot about synthesizers Apostate, I sincerely know more about them then you do. Anyways I was polite in my post to you, I won't get all worked up like you did. I won't stew over superficial ways to sound sophisticated. You've got a really bad ego standing behind your ignorance. I know we'll never have a proper dialogue about this.

Anyways, good job Rolf I'm excited for v1.1. Nave is terrific and I'm a happy license holder of it. Found one bug that seems to come up though. In FL 12 64-bit running the VST3 version of Nave, sometimes the UI needs to be launched first to have the project patch be properly recalled.

For example, if I load up a project that has instances of Nave in it from a previous session. The patch will be slightly different until I click on the instance of Nave to load/launch the interface for it. This seems to be affect the filter. You should be able to replicate this by saving an FL project with multiple Nave instances (make sure their UI's are closed when saving, hit Ctrl-F12 to do that quickly). Reloading it, and comparing the sound differences before and after opening the interface. Once it's been opened once, all is well, but before that there are slight differences that are enough to be a problem.
Dude, how long ago was this stupid little feud? Get a life.

Again, you don't know anything about me, so you're the one that ultimately sounds ignorant, son. However, you do seem to have a good grasp on synthesizers, I'll give you that. Boasting about how you "know more"....guess you don't see that as egotistical and, as I mentioned, laughably ignorant.

Anyway, you're not worth anymore of my time. However, I must give you my earnest thanks for trying to make this synth even better. At least that makes you worth something, son.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
KingTuck wrote: Why so defensive?

Dude, how long ago was this stupid little feud? Get a life.

Again, you don't know anything about me, so you're the one that ultimately sounds ignorant, son. However, you do seem to have a good grasp on synthesizers, I'll give you that. Boasting about how you "know more"....guess you don't see that as egotistical and, as I mentioned, laughably ignorant.

Anyway, you're not worth anymore of my time. However, I must give you my earnest thanks for trying to make this synth even better. At least that makes you worth something, son.
I'd not checked the thread till today so I hadn't seen your response. A response isn't calling to "get a life", it's expected. Jumbling about calling me "son" is weird. I do know more about synths than you (save the concession in saying I "seem to have a good grasp"). You really shouldn't get so worked up over this stuff, Apostate. Save your defensive impulse and aggression for something more worth it! :)

I'll never get as worked up as you, so you're just pushing your blood pressure up a bit for no reason while you get agitated responding to this stuff. There'll be no fight! :D But I digress, this isn't the topic of the thread.

Bring on 1.1! :)

Oh BTW Rolf, one more thing that might help with troubleshooting that issue (which, of course, could also be something that Image-Line need to fix themselves). I'm running FL at 96khz. With that you should have enough info to try the same setup I'm using and hopefully find the culprit of this bug in time for 1.1's full release.

Update on that bug! It's not to do with FL Studio, I just attempted it with Studio One 3 and it was easily reproduced.

I'll go over it all again to help you debug it. :) This is a nice synth that's fit well into my workflow, but this bug is notable enough to discourage my use.

Issue: Filter cutoff initializes lower in recalled projects before opening Nave interface.

My rig setup:
VST3 64-bit at 96khz. Attempted in both FL Studio 12 and Studio One 3. Same result in both. I'm running v1.03 of Nave.

How to reproduce:
Create a simple patch using just the Osc module, set it up to output a saw wave. Turn the filter to 24db lowpass. Dial the cutoff down somewhere, doesn't matter where (so long as it's enough to make differences in attenuation easily noticeable). Close up the interface (for FL Studio click the Nave listing in the step sequencer and the interface should close/minimize, for Studio One 3 just hit the keyboard icon next to the instance of Nave) and save the project. Restart the DAW. Reload the project. Play some notes before opening the interface for Nave (neither DAW will automatically reopen plugin interfaces unless the project was saved with the interface open). Hmm, how strange. The cutoff frequency is noticeably different! Now open up the interface and boom! Back to being as it was when you saved it.

Given that Nave takes a notable amount of time to open the interface for the first time in a project, this is a real frustration in projects with many instances of it. If it's easy to fix I'd really appreciate a quick 1.04 patch for it, unless 1.1 is right around the corner (in which case just roll it out with that). If there's any trouble reproducing it let me know and I'll keep communicating about it.

As it stands I have to click open every instance of Nave first before the project will sound as it's supposed to.

Thanks! :D

KingTuck wrote:Update on that bug! It's not to do with FL Studio, I just attempted it with Studio One 3 and it was easily reproduced.

I'll go over it all again to help you debug it. :) This is a nice synth that's fit well into my workflow, but this bug is notable enough to discourage my use.

Issue: Filter cutoff initializes lower in recalled projects before opening Nave interface.

My rig setup:
VST3 64-bit at 96khz. Attempted in both FL Studio 12 and Studio One 3. Same result in both. I'm running v1.03 of Nave.

How to reproduce:
Create a simple patch using just the Osc module, set it up to output a saw wave. Turn the filter to 24db lowpass. Dial the cutoff down somewhere, doesn't matter where (so long as it's enough to make differences in attenuation easily noticeable). Close up the interface (for FL Studio click the Nave listing in the step sequencer and the interface should close/minimize, for Studio One 3 just hit the keyboard icon next to the instance of Nave) and save the project. Restart the DAW. Reload the project. Play some notes before opening the interface for Nave (neither DAW will automatically reopen plugin interfaces unless the project was saved with the interface open). Hmm, how strange. The cutoff frequency is noticeably different! Now open up the interface and boom! Back to being as it was when you saved it.

Given that Nave takes a notable amount of time to open the interface for the first time in a project, this is a real frustration in projects with many instances of it. If it's easy to fix I'd really appreciate a quick 1.04 patch for it, unless 1.1 is right around the corner (in which case just roll it out with that). If there's any trouble reproducing it let me know and I'll keep communicating about it.

As it stands I have to click open every instance of Nave first before the project will sound as it's supposed to.

Ok, I'll have a look!

If you have a minute, please check if VST2 is fine. I suspect it's a VST3 thingy.

Cheers
Rolf

temporubato wrote:
KingTuck wrote:Update on that bug! It's not to do with FL Studio, I just attempted it with Studio One 3 and it was easily reproduced.

My rig setup:

How to reproduce:

Ok, I'll have a look!

If you have a minute, please check if VST2 is fine. I suspect it's a VST3 thingy.

Cheers
Rolf
Found something odd. I tried recalling a test project that I had an instance of Nave in. Same problem as before, however when changing the sample rate to 44.1khz and reloading the project, there's no difference in sound before and after opening the interface. When loading it at 44.1khz, the "pre" interface sound is the same as the "pre" interface sound when running at 96khz. I must admit I'm unsure which sound (either before or after opening the interface) when running Nave at 96khz is technically the "correct" one.

I tested it with the VST2 version and the results are the same. It seems to be a bug when running Nave at 96khz. Hopefully that should help narrow it down. :)

If you can't find it lemme know and I'll keep trying to help you nail it!

A new bit of oddness! The compressor distorts the signal a crazy (and I mean crazy) amount when running at 96khz. This is super easy to reproduce, almost any amount of compression will audibly distort the signal when running at 96khz where as it won't at 44.1khz.

I suspect you've got some debugging to do with the 96khz functionality of Nave here. I haven't noticed any troubles beyond these ones though so far, if I do though I'll post about them here.

If these bugs are easy to fix it'd be useful to put out a hotfix update. I've got some pending tracks with Nave in it that I'm holding off on doing a final mix on until this stuff gets resolved (if I run at 44.1khz it messes up the sound of some other plugs in the track, my workflow largely needs 96khz at this point).

Hi All,

was busy last week with digesting WWDC. I was able to reproduce some stuff reported here and working on it. Keep you updated.

Cheers
Rolf

temporubato wrote:Hi All,

was busy last week with digesting WWDC. I was able to reproduce some stuff reported here and working on it. Keep you updated.

Cheers
Rolf
The compressor thing was easy to fix. Will now look into the filter cutoff.

All fixes will go into 1.1 still planning for this month.

Cheers
Rolf

Cool! Thanks. If there's any trouble reproducing the weird interface/cutoff issue let me know.

KingTuck wrote:Cool! Thanks. If there's any trouble reproducing the weird interface/cutoff issue let me know.
Hi

the cut off is fixed too. Hope to release update next week.

Cheers
Rolf

Return to “Instruments”