So... Tracktion.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

murnau wrote:Purchase entitles you to licenses for three separate machines
If a user got three machines licensed, can one of those be de-authorized so that another can be authorized (in case of upgrading to a better computer for example) ?
Last edited by Numanoid on Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheoM wrote:hmmm also found that dynamic PDC is broken from traction 5 up, You can't use things like pro q2 or ozone and enable different features which cause latency changes.. no matter what you do, you will never ever get the latency change to appear in the project.. UNLESS... you save and close, and reload.

Varying pdc was no problem even in T2.
Any DAW has got some shortcoming or other

Why do you get so hot under the collar about Tracktion?

Numanoid wrote:
murnau wrote:Purchase entitles you to licenses for three separate machines
If a user got three machines licensed, can one of those be de-authorized so that another can be authorized (in case of upgrading to a better computer for example) ?
Didn't tried but since it's server-based i'm pretty sure if you de-install one of the three before installing there should be no problem but i don't know 100%.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Numanoid wrote:
TheoM wrote:hmmm also found that dynamic PDC is broken from traction 5 up, You can't use things like pro q2 or ozone and enable different features which cause latency changes.. no matter what you do, you will never ever get the latency change to appear in the project.. UNLESS... you save and close, and reload.

Varying pdc was no problem even in T2.
Any DAW has got some shortcoming or other

Why do you get so hot under the collar about Tracktion?

if that's your definition of hot under the collar, then we have very different views. I can't even discuss things like a normal person without the usual suspects jumping on me about absolutely *nothing*.

I am pointing out that that feature worked before. I support tracktion and buy every release even though i rarely if ever use it. Do you? I support it cause it's a small indi dev with a crazy cheap price and i want them to stay around, so i do my bit. Again, do you? Won't see the answer, permanently muted once and for all. ;)

I was gonna say, what's "hot under the collar" about that?

LawrenceF wrote:I'm trying to figure out why nobody talks about it here, the place where every host gets some sunlight (for better or worse) in the regular rotation.

I noticed that it's reached version 6 with some arguable nice new features and nobody seems to really care. No big "Tracktion" threads, no announcement thread that I can see (but granted I didn't search so, i expect there might have actually been one), and we're still mostly arguing about Reason and FL. :)

Is Tracktion the Rodney Dangerfield of KVR? :hihi: On most daws major version releases there are often 5-10+ page threads. I assume I missed that one.

I'm gonna grab the demo and give it another spin.
I have it - looked at it - it sitll has that ridiculous (and ridiculously forced) single window wannabe-paradigm - which is nigh impossible to work with on bigger projects... (I used it for years back in the day, then simply grew out of it)

it is a shame - it could rule if - in regards to this - Jules would manage to get his head out of his own backside... but he seems to be bound to wear the Excalibur of host coder upper-neck-ends...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

incubus wrote:I was gonna say, what's "hot under the collar" about that?
I was looking at the many previous posts in the thread
TheoM wrote:Of course like V5 i will still upgrade to 6 to support development as i honestly want to do anything i can to help this little company thrive, but i wont be using it for my main projects at this stage.
Little company, they are probably bigger than Propellerhead

jens wrote: - it could rule if - in regards to this - Jules would manage to get his head out of his own backside... but he seems to be bound to wear the Excalibur of host coder upper-neck-ends...
It seems like practical advice, not sure what it would actually mean for Tracktion...

Numanoid wrote:
TheoM wrote:Of course like V5 i will still upgrade to 6 to support development as i honestly want to do anything i can to help this little company thrive, but i wont be using it for my main projects at this stage.
?

@topic: Gave it a spin for the sake of giving it a spin. It's not for me.

100 years ago when it was new and fresh, it was fantastic. Just needed some more maturity......then mackie got involved. We know what happened there.

Feels like the first one, but still looking for that maturity in a time when there are so many more options (remember, sonar didn't even have a metronome back in those days! )

incubus wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
?

@topic: Gave it a spin for the sake of giving it a spin. It's not for me.

100 years ago when it was new and fresh, it was fantastic. Just needed some more maturity......then mackie got involved. We know what happened there.

Feels like the first one, but still looking for that maturity in a time when there are so many more options (remember, sonar didn't even have a metronome back in those days! )

exactly, ???

i re read the entire topic after i saw his comment quoted, the topic was asking about tracktion and i gave a very balanced good and bad overview, a sort of mini review. Somehow that got interpreted as hot under the collar LOL. Look mate some people will always pick for the sake of picking. Over nothing. Thankfully Meffy has had such an effect on me maturity wise that I am able to mute someone indefinitely and stick to it :)

V7 is due imminently, historically around the start of February; this version supposedly brings a lot of changes..looking forward to seeing where Tracktion is going, it's a constantly maturing product.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

incubus wrote:still looking for that maturity
What would make it more mature for you?

mcnelson wrote:V7 is due imminently, historically around the start of February; this version supposedly brings a lot of changes..looking forward to seeing where Tracktion is going, it's a constantly maturing product.

look forward to it also.

:tu:

Me too , I look for T7 to land round Febuary , Groundhogs Day maybe ?

frankvg wrote:
incubus wrote:still looking for that maturity
What would make it more mature for you?
Well, forgive me, but it's seems basically the same as 10 years ago. I understand the paradigm it's going to change, but I found it tough to just compose something.

Might just be me, but didn't seem snappy.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”