Zynaptiq Morph

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Morph 3

jackmazzotti wrote:tried the demo and it's amazing but it brings my computer to a completely stuttering mess
late 2011 mbp, live 9, mavericks
I have the same setup on Mountain Lion, and I max out at about 27% feeding Morph two samples.

I am permanently at a 1024 buffer though this past month due to Kaleidoscope.

Anyway, no stuttering whatsoever at that buffer size.

lnikj wrote:
jackmazzotti wrote:tried the demo and it's amazing but it brings my computer to a completely stuttering mess
I have the same setup on Mountain Lion, and I max out at about 27% feeding Morph two samples.

I am permanently at a 1024 buffer though this past month due to Kaleidoscope.

Anyway, no stuttering whatsoever at that buffer size.
I wonder what's wrong with my computer. My buffer is set 2048 and morph2 with 2 samples jumps into 120% or higher. Ever since I left Lion my computer has been slow regarding Live and vsts. Mountain Lion was a complete mess for me. Sometimes I get stuttering with cpu at 30-60% but activity monitor shows Live at 300% or higher.

Hmmm, yummie, thank's Seb for the heads up, I'll demo it tomorrow. The most convincing morphing I have produced so far is in RX3/4 Advanced, using the Spectral Repair algorithm in Replace-mode, so it will interpolate the signals left and right of the replaced area, which can yield amazing results, But this thing works in real time I figure, that sounds very promising.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Hmmm, yummie, thank's Seb for the heads up, I'll demo it tomorrow. The most convincing morphing I have produced so far is in RX3/4 Advanced, using the Spectral Repair algorithm in Replace-mode, so it will interpolate the signals left and right of the replaced area, which can yield amazing results, But this thing works in real time I figure, that sounds very promising.
:tu:

Keep us updated here with the progress and what you'll come up with. I'll do the same, trying the demo tonite.

Neon Breath wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Hmmm, yummie, thank's Seb for the heads up, I'll demo it tomorrow. The most convincing morphing I have produced so far is in RX3/4 Advanced, using the Spectral Repair algorithm in Replace-mode, so it will interpolate the signals left and right of the replaced area, which can yield amazing results, But this thing works in real time I figure, that sounds very promising.

Keep us updated here with the progress and what you'll come up with. I'll do the same, trying the demo tonite.
Sure, in case it clicks with me I'll flood this thread with examples (knowing me...).

One of the most refreshing things about it, IMHO, is that it has so few parameters that even my small brain could figure out what it does and how to use it fairly quickly.

What it does is really very good when you match the right samples.

I'm wondering if the zynaptization of morph included it compatibility to the standalone application ?

lnikj wrote:One of the most refreshing things about it, IMHO, is that it has so few parameters that even my small brain could figure out what it does and how to use it fairly quickly.

What it does is really very good when you match the right samples.
But maybe the real fun starts when the wrong samples become the right samples. :party:

Been hoping for a windows version of this for years(!), since abandoning all-things-apple in 2k.

DLing now.

I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

morph 2 fits perfectly into the creative flow with kaleidoscope

Krakatau wrote:I'm wondering if the zynaptization of morph included it compatibility to the standalone application ?
Sure!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quick and dirty abuse of Morph
Air traffic controller vs digital dirt road synth line with spastic drums. what could be better? Seriously though: very quick and dirty...did want to give some impression of how nicely morph DOES morph...I am convinced I'll be dissapointed when the demo time limit is up :(

I thought someone said this was stereo, just opening the demo in Bidule and all I see is 2 audio ins, so yes it's stereo if you're just feeding it one stereo input but the whole point is for it to have at least 2 surely otherwsie you have nothing to morph?

Correction - that was the AU, the VST does have 2 stereo ins. So just the AU seems to have 2 mono ins only.

You'll need to use the MORPH SC (side-chain) binary for dual stereo ins in AU land.
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Hmm, strange. Is that an i5 or i7 based model?

Maybe *lowering* the buffer size to 1024 helps

I'm seeing 17% of one thread (so 8.5% of one core) on my Mac "hyperdrive/trash-can" Pro 3ghz. So even if your MBP had just half the punch per core (and it doesn't, it's most likely more like 3/4) you still shouldn't be seeing such a high CPU load. Would be cool if you could email support so that we can have a look whether we can make any sense of that!

-d
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Return to “Effects”