Will Alchemy stop working for current users?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Substitute all those Alchemy instances in your 100 tracks with recordings of a Jew's harp, this will make you sound more original too!

Who is supposed to know when Alchemy will stop working??? Is there a clairvoyant around here somewhere? If Apple decides to update it's OS and in that process Alchemy will stop functioning on Mac computers, then Alchemy - as we know it today - will stop working on Mac computers.
Simon i dont get the first sentence.... sounds like mocking at me :P or mocking at alchemy cannot sound original? i dunno at all what u mean here.

im asking here and myself what has to change that alchemy will stop working.
This was an attempt at being humorous and I failed because you're taking all of this much too serious, so cheer up if you can.
nah otherwise i would be pissed at you ;D, that's why i made this smiley :P
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Well, this sub-forum has certainly stopped working for anything but Camel threads.
Maybe the mods ought to move all of them to the Camel Audio sub-forum (and leave it locked as it is).

Personally and purposely going to filter out 'Instruments' for now.

:roll:

It'll stop working when the Moon is in the Seventh House, and Jupiter aligns with Mars..

..oh wait, that was something else, wasn't it?

Sorry, nevermind, I'll get me coat..
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Caine123 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Substitute all those Alchemy instances in your 100 tracks with recordings of a Jew's harp, this will make you sound more original too!

Who is supposed to know when Alchemy will stop working??? Is there a clairvoyant around here somewhere? If Apple decides to update it's OS and in that process Alchemy will stop functioning on Mac computers, then Alchemy - as we know it today - will stop working on Mac computers.
Simon i dont get the first sentence.... sounds like mocking at me :P or mocking at alchemy cannot sound original? i dunno at all what u mean here.

im asking here and myself what has to change that alchemy will stop working.
This was an attempt at being humorous and I failed because you're taking all of this much too serious, so cheer up if you can.
nah otherwise i would be pissed at you ;D, that's why i made this smiley :P
But that ugly green smiley looks really sick, they should ban it.

The only way around Alchemy not working is to make a backup of your current system on a hard drive and boot from it when you want to use Alchemy. For example, copy everything as is over to another hard drive. Then you can hook it up to your computer, boot from it whenever you want so that you can use Alchemy. The tradeoff is that you won't be able to use future software products if they aren't compatible with the OS that the hard drive is.

By the time Alchemy totally stops working, we might even see brand new tools and software replacing it or even doing a better and cooler job. Stop worrying and enjoy while it works.

Most people, probably not even using Alchemy for living, take all this stuff way too seriously... Even Simon who makes a living with sound recordings, presets, patches, etc and all that stuff don’t take it that seriously.

Well, it took me a while to get over it, I was extremely pissed when CA announced their decease in January, but I don't care anymore, substituting Alchemy libraries in my portfolio is actually a challenge I'm looking forward to.

BBFG# wrote:
Personally and purposely going to filter out 'Instruments' for now.

:roll:
Okay.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Neon Breath wrote:By the time Alchemy totally stops working, we might even see brand new tools and software replacing it or even doing a better and cooler job. Stop worrying and enjoy while it works.

Most people, probably not even using Alchemy for living, take all this stuff way too seriously... Even Simon who makes a living with sound recordings, presets, patches, etc and all that stuff don’t take it that seriously.
This... No software will be around forever. They are tool to get the job done.

There's plenty more instruments in the sea, and the future is only getting better. The only Camel Audio product I'll miss is Camelphat (I sold Alchemy a few years back). But I've got more than enough stuff to replace it when it dies.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:By the time Alchemy totally stops working, we might even see brand new tools and software replacing it or even doing a better and cooler job. Stop worrying and enjoy while it works.

This... No software will be around forever. They are tool to get the job done.

There's plenty more instruments in the sea, and the future is only getting better. The only Camel Audio product I'll miss is Camelphat (I sold Alchemy a few years back). But I've got more than enough stuff to replace it when it dies.
this is the question, what could issue it to die? it works with win7 and win8 and those 2 OS' will be supported since 2020 i think? so we still have 5 years :D?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Oh the silliness. Alchemy will most likely work for as long as your DAW supports the VST or AU format that it was written to conform to. I've got synths like TimewARP that have been abandoned years ago that still work on Windows 8.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Windows users are safe forever and a day, MacOs could well break compatibility within the next update or two
Amazon: why not use an alternative

zerocrossing wrote:Oh the silliness. Alchemy will most likely work for as long as your DAW supports the VST or AU format that it was written to conform to. I've got synths like TimewARP that have been abandoned years ago that still work on Windows 8.
thanks man! yes th is is also what i think/thoguht from noobish with noobish programming experience :)!

Sampleconstruct wrote:This was an attempt at being humorous and I failed because you're taking all of this much too serious, so cheer up if you can.
Oh you didn't fail Simon! I, and many others like me I'm sure, got it just fine, and it WAS a funny line! :wink: :hihi: :tu:

stikygum wrote:The only way around Alchemy not working is to make a backup of your current system on a hard drive and boot from it when you want to use Alchemy. For example, copy everything as is over to another hard drive. Then you can hook it up to your computer, boot from it whenever you want so that you can use Alchemy. The tradeoff is that you won't be able to use future software products if they aren't compatible with the OS that the hard drive is.
Mmmh, there ARE virtual machines too, you know. No need for all this reboot nonsense!

Return to “Instruments”