Will Alchemy stop working for current users?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i mean yes camel audio was bought from apple and we users who still use/have alchemy and use it should we worry? should we finish our tracks using Alchemy asap? why?

i see no issues atm. with new DAW versions (Ableton, FL Studio, Cubase etc.) the stability and compatibility shouldnt change, should it?

the only loss we got now is no support (for probs if any at all at the currect build) and no alchemy 2 for pc users (f*ck apple, sorry but i wont switch only because of alchemy 2 or whatever they release... got too many pc vsts etc.),

i got maybe about 100 tracks (most unfinished) where im using alchemy, thats what im worrying the most.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

You never can tell with DAW and OS updates. Probably work for at least a few years... Wouldn't count on it it's longevity tho'.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Substitute all those Alchemy instances in your 100 tracks with recordings of a Jew's harp, this will make you sound more original too!

Who is supposed to know when Alchemy will stop working??? Is there a clairvoyant around here somewhere? If Apple decides to update it's OS and in that process Alchemy will stop functioning on Mac computers, then Alchemy - as we know it today - will stop working on Mac computers.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Substitute all those Alchemy instances in your 100 tracks with recordings of a Jew's harp, this will make you sound more original too!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sampleconstruct wrote: Who is supposed to know when Alchemy will stop working??? Is there a clairvoyant around here somewhere? If Apple decides to update it's OS and in that process Alchemy will stop functioning on Mac computers, then Alchemy - as we know it today - will stop working on Mac computers.

I had a dream.....well nightmare rather, that Alchemy will stop working on Feb. 6th, 2016. My dreams come true 0.03% of the time.

quantum7 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: Who is supposed to know when Alchemy will stop working??? Is there a clairvoyant around here somewhere? If Apple decides to update it's OS and in that process Alchemy will stop functioning on Mac computers, then Alchemy - as we know it today - will stop working on Mac computers.

I had a dream.....well nightmare rather, that Alchemy will stop working on Feb. 6th, 2016. My dreams come true 0.03% of the time.
Maybe plan the biggest gig of your live on that evening using Alchemy exclusively in your live-setup, then when it stops working in the middle of the gig, you grab the Jew's harp and BAM!

Sampleconstruct wrote:
quantum7 wrote:

Maybe plan the biggest gig of your live on that evening using Alchemy exclusively in your live-setup, then when it stops working in the middle of the gig, you grab the Jew's harp and BAM!
:hihi:

Of course, if anyone can make a Jews Harp sound unique, it is Simon. :)

I have hundreds of tracks that used EMU Proteus, Alesis S4/QSR and Peavey DPM I haven't yet converted. These things happen. I see Alchemy as being able to go much further and longer than those did.
The interesting thing about the Alchemy evolution for me personally...
Alchemy was the only reason I finally registered on KVR.
That snowballed into buying into other products and using KVR almost exclusively for forum support.
Recent number of concocted threads concerning Alchemy have caused me to rethink and even filter out certain subforums. And this may be the catalyst I needed to not bother with this one much longer.

Alchemy brought me here. So the question now is "Will their absence take me elsewhere now?"

quantum7 wrote:
Of course, if anyone can make a Jews Harp sound unique, it is Simon. :)
Tbh, I never got anything useful out of a Jew's harp other than hurting my tongue and lips.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Substitute all those Alchemy instances in your 100 tracks with recordings of a Jew's harp, this will make you sound more original too!

Who is supposed to know when Alchemy will stop working??? Is there a clairvoyant around here somewhere? If Apple decides to update it's OS and in that process Alchemy will stop functioning on Mac computers, then Alchemy - as we know it today - will stop working on Mac computers.
Simon i dont get the first sentence.... sounds like mocking at me :P or mocking at alchemy cannot sound original? i dunno at all what u mean here.

im asking here and myself what has to change that alchemy will stop working.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:

Simon i dont get the first sentence.... sounds like mocking at me :P or mocking at alchemy cannot sound original? i dunno at all what u mean here.

Simon was just trying to use humor in order to help us all get through our pain. :) No one really knows when Alchemy may be in trouble. Windows 11? Windows 12? Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.....at least for a few years. What you may want to do though, is to print your Alchemy MIDI tracks from now on.

quantum7 wrote:
Caine123 wrote:

Simon was just trying to use humor in order to help us all get through our pain. :) No one really knows when Alchemy may be in trouble. Windows 11? Windows 12? Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.....at least for a few years. What you may want to do though, is to print your Alchemy MIDI tracks from now on.
i think imma try and start to finish up the tracks i think are worth to finish where i used alchemy..... hopefully this plugin will work a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time!

Yes, it'll stop working. Plus, if you're not careful to uninstall it, it'll cause your computer to catch fire.

:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Mine has stopped working already, when I uninstalled and sold it after they closed shop. BTW where is the KVR Instruments forum, all I can find is this Camel Audio forum? :?

Caine123 wrote:

This was an attempt at being humorous and I failed because you're taking all of this much too serious, so cheer up if you can.

Return to “Instruments”