Which Reverb to buy from Valhalla?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

haha i would buy all if i would have the money for it. (maybe int he future!)

ok let my try to describe what i like to do with the reverb:
i want to use it for drones, creating lokng tails of cymbals with lots of modulation and i also want to create unreal reverbs/spaces with it. the more algorithms the better!

so far happy that i bought Ubermod, love it.

cheers,
AA

Just in case - if talk about tail lenght, and choosing between Valhalla Room and Vintage verb plugs, then it will be Room, because has longer tail time ).
Generally, by the way would like to see in valhalla reverbs possibility like as infinity tail or "freeze" mode (but in an active mode, ie without blocking the incoming signal). I have already seen such rekvest in the topic, but it seems it did not received any attention.

c_voltage wrote: Generally, by the way would like to see in valhalla reverbs possibility like as infinity tail or "freeze" mode (but in an active mode, ie without blocking the incoming signal). I have already seen such rekvest in the topic, but it seems it did not received any attention.
Both ValhallaShimmer and ValhallaÜberMod can get infinite reverbs, by turning up the Feedback controls all the way.

If I could pick only one, I would go for Valhalla Room.

I'll be putting the latest demos up next week, so you can try the different plugins and see what works best for you.

Sean Costello

thanks Sean and others.
hmm i know that ubermod can do reverbs too, but it would require some tweaking, so i think a dedicated reverb from valhalla would be better.

i will check out the demos next week ---

AA

valhallasound wrote:
c_voltage wrote: Generally, by the way would like to see in valhalla reverbs possibility like as infinity tail or "freeze" mode (but in an active mode, ie without blocking the incoming signal). I have already seen such rekvest in the topic, but it seems it did not received any attention.
Both ValhallaShimmer and ValhallaÜberMod can get infinite reverbs, by turning up the Feedback controls all the way.
Oh well yes Sean you right (about Shimmer and Ubermod), but would like to see such possibilities and in Room\VVV :P ) Or maybe increase tail length in VVV (rather - add some option for it, for not to harm to the compatibility with previous presets). Really imo it would be good addition. (I myself am a fan of long tails :D )

i bought Room now, i talked with a friend over skype and he showed me some things with Room and also showed me Shimmer, which i found no so good as Room.

well freeze would be good, because you can trigger it with automation easier as the feedback slider.

Regards,
AA

Ameyah Audio wrote:i bought Room now, i talked with a friend over skype and he showed me some things with Room and also showed me Shimmer, which i found no so good as Room.
Curious what these tricks would be? ;)

Just picked up VVV and UberMod earlier this week. VVV is so ridiculously good for the CPU hit.

which tricks? he just showed me Shimmer and Room in action.
VVV i am also interested, but i am out of funds now.

VVV has a massive amount of algos as i saw and you can set it to the 70s mode too, which is kind of awsome.

Ameyah Audio wrote:which tricks? he just showed me Shimmer and Room in action.
VVV i am also interested, but i am out of funds now.
Ah nice, yeah demonstration videos would be great. Most are just running comparisons instead of designing a reverb preset to fit a particular sound or groups of sounds. The three modes on VVV are really nice to quickly find a colour for the reverb that sits best in the mix.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”