Reason auth.......

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sweet! But for some reason (oh..........the absolute pun........) I feel it's a possibility for me.

I think it's a no win possibility for me though, if I authorize w/o the the "online" part, I'm limited to either the computer, or the dongle. Still, I really appreciate all answers :) At least I have possibilities :D

hibidy wrote:Sweet! But for some reason (oh..........the absolute pun........) I feel it's a possibility for me.
:lol:
I see you are becoming more reasonable with time 8)

:ud:

I hate dongles but using my computer as a dongle is even worse for me.
Having that sword over my head (computer failure for several reasons) as it happened many times including reinstalling the OS, makes the dongle look like a gift from heaven.
I use reason everywhere thanks to the dongle, which is so well built compared to that junk sold for $12.

Get it. A smart move.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I will. I have to wait for my marathon of sales though (not moving as quickly as I thought)

hibidy wrote:I will. I have to wait for my marathon of sales though (not moving as quickly as I thought)
are you actually going to reason as your main DAW?

Hey, I have no explanation......it's like another dimension.....now entering "the reason zone"

Haven't bought a single RE yet either :D (though I'll likely get the Kuassa Creme)

hibidy wrote:Hey, I have no explanation......it's like another dimension.....now entering "the reason zone"

Haven't bought a single RE yet either :D (though I'll likely get the Kuassa Creme)
that's what scares me to death about upgrading Reason..I mean, vst's are like a black hole as it is;

I dunno, I've been down so many roads and thought I found things. Once I got past the "OMG what the hell does all this do" shock and knuckled down in the demo, I kept finding things that clicked with me. I used to balk at reason. "No vsts, no way!"

Who knows, maybe my sheer joy won't last......but it's gellin' pretty hard right now.

Waiting for my impact 61. If it integrates as well as it's supposed to, I think I'll retire :hihi:

Have you tried any RE's yet Hibidy besides the auto arp? Any "update license" failed issues, or are you still logging in every time (which is reliable even here)?

hibidy wrote:Hey, I have no explanation......it's like another dimension.....now entering "the reason zone"

You know, I was the most aggressive and pissed about the RE deal.
I made the great mistake to buy ONE! :dog:
Now I have more than 30 since few weeks ago :cry: :help:

I made more music in Reason lately than any other system.
Amazing... no regrets ---> $$$. :oops:

BTW, The online music sharing is Very Interesting!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

TheoM wrote:Have you tried any RE's yet Hibidy besides the auto arp? Any "update license" failed issues, or are you still logging in every time (which is reliable even here)?
No problems.

The RE's I'm demoing are the arp (which is pretty cool, but not sure it's working right) the "trident" (which is too much money for what it is and the "kuassa" which is awesome. RE's are not giving any noticeable load on my computer :)

hibidy wrote:
TheoM wrote:Have you tried any RE's yet Hibidy besides the auto arp? Any "update license" failed issues, or are you still logging in every time (which is reliable even here)?
No problems.

The RE's I'm demoing are the arp (which is pretty cool, but not sure it's working right) the "trident" (which is too much money for what it is and the "kuassa" which is awesome. RE's are not giving any noticeable load on my computer :)
Ok so you would have done one or two license updates, usually that will work when only a couple RE's on system as the license is not yet complex.. so it updates very fast as it's only really 3 temp licenses so far.. when you buy 10 or more and as time goes on, we shall see, but I hope there IS no issue, of course!

Also it will be interesting when it's all expired and you get the message "your re demo license have expired, you need to update to launch reason" or something like that, and see if it works for you first run through. Keep us informed if you don't mind.

liquidsound wrote:

You know, I was the most aggressive and pissed about the RE deal.
I made the great mistake to buy ONE! :dog:
Now I have more than 30 since few weeks ago :cry: :help:

I made more music in Reason lately than any other system.
Amazing... no regrets ---> $$$. :oops:

BTW, The online music sharing is Very Interesting!
I think it is too. Some people don't seem to like it.

I got the nektar 61 today. Seems to integrate pretty well with reason. The only thing I don't like is that reason isn't global, so every project has to be connected.

This will not be an issue once I learn it better and have templates :D

Oh yeah, @RE's: I don't really have a pressing need. I'm losing my hearing on my right ear so all that super-special whooptedoos aren't really making me a better player. I'm diving in as deep as I can with what is there. "Amp" is "ok" so I HAD to try kuassa. Glad I did :)

TheoM wrote:
hibidy wrote:
No problems.

Ok so you would have done one or two license updates, usually that will work when only a couple RE's on system as the license is not yet complex.. so it updates very fast as it's only really 3 temp licenses so far.. when you buy 10 or more and as time goes on, we shall see, but I hope there IS no issue, of course!

Also it will be interesting when it's all expired and you get the message "your re demo license have expired, you need to update to launch reason" or something like that, and see if it works for you first run through. Keep us informed if you don't mind.
That's scary :scared:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”