Sonible frei:raum

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
frei:raum

Is this worth $59, How does it compare to soothe?

juust bought it and it is unusable atm in fl studio....

i just bought this plugin and just popped in a wav file in fl studio + freiraum, enabling freiraum does stop the playback of the sound and fl itself plays the bar soooo slow and stuttering i have to close fl studio with the task manager :/

any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/qvU3qPJ.gifv
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

gaf_thit wrote:
soulone82 wrote:
realmarco wrote:443.78 US Dollar for a Digital EQ...really ?
gaf_thit wrote:Now $59 over at Audio Plugin Deals...
:?

What a piss take.
I guess their product didn't catch on as much as they expected, at least not enough to instigate a revolution...
Not necessarily. If I was doing music professionally, and I used to run a small studio and also do film work, I would buy it for $350 or whatever because a) i'd have the revenue to justify it and b) the cost would get charged back to clients. It likely they sold enough copies at their original asking price to break even, or even make a profit. Then, drop the price through a specific partner, and collect a bunch of cash from us non-pros that cant justify the cost. This gets more copies out in the wild and likely more word of mouth hype. Punted back to the pros who will buy it at full price, and repeat. We don't what their business plan is and we don't know how their sales went so we can't say for sure how it all played out - both speculative scenarios are possible. No matter, I am glad they offered it for $60 because I have had my eye on it since it came out.

plexuss wrote:
gaf_thit wrote:
soulone82 wrote:
realmarco wrote:443.78 US Dollar for a Digital EQ...really ?
gaf_thit wrote:Now $59 over at Audio Plugin Deals...
:?

What a piss take.
I guess their product didn't catch on as much as they expected, at least not enough to instigate a revolution...
Not necessarily. If I was doing music professionally, and I used to run a small studio and also do film work, I would buy it for $350 or whatever because a) i'd have the revenue to justify it and b) the cost would get charged back to clients. It likely they sold enough copies at their original asking price to break even, or even make a profit. Then, drop the price through a specific partner, and collect a bunch of cash from us non-pros that cant justify the cost. This gets more copies out in the wild and likely more word of mouth hype. Punted back to the pros who will buy it at full price, and repeat. We don't what their business plan is and we don't know how their sales went so we can't say for sure how it all played out - both speculative scenarios are possible. No matter, I am glad they offered it for $60 because I have had my eye on it since it came out.
Good points.

simmo75 wrote:Is this worth $59, How does it compare to soothe?
I have soothe and Smart EQ+. They are two different beasts.

plexuss wrote:
I really doubt that they sold much - they have been rarely mentioned here or elsewhereas fas as I could notice...

however I assume that they start t make big money now (that they lowered the rpice so much) - luckily they appear to have changed their strategy in due time - would have been a shame if they went down just because of a non-working marketing-strategy.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I had the FreiRaum demo in Reaper 5.61 64bit, on the mixbus for just a bit of the magic wand.
When reopening the project later I played the track and then wanted to open Freiraum. I got the demo nagscreen again but that crashed my project.
So no Sonible Freiraum for me.

electricthing wrote:I had the FreiRaum demo in Reaper 5.61 64bit, on the mixbus for just a bit of the magic wand.
When reopening the project later I played the track and then wanted to open Freiraum. I got the demo nagscreen again but that crashed my project.
Maybe write them a mail first instead being asap stubborn.... they are pretty responsive sp far. If they cant help u, then i would leave. Otherwise ur comment is only nagging
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
electricthing wrote:I had the FreiRaum demo in Reaper 5.61 64bit, on the mixbus for just a bit of the magic wand.
Maybe write them a mail first instead being asap stubborn.... they are pretty responsive sp far. If they cant help u, then i would leave. Otherwise ur comment is only nagging
Crashing is not nagging in my book.
If demo's crash my DAW I won't buy them, you call me stubborn and nagging for that? That is a very quick and unnecessary harsh judgement I must say.

electricthing wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
If demo's crash my DAW I won't buy them, you call me stubborn and nagging for that? That is a very quick and unnecessary harsh judgement I must say.
Every time a plugin crashes my daw abd i wouldnt even ask support i would really miss out great plugins. Sometimes it is the plugin and sometimes the daw. So yeah thats why i think the logic is quite naive but ok if it is ur way.

Caine123 wrote:
electricthing wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
Every time a plugin crashes my daw abd i wouldnt even ask support i would really miss out great plugins. Sometimes it is the plugin and sometimes the daw. So yeah thats why i think the logic is quite naive but ok if it is ur way.
Sometimes a crash occurs with a plugin that has been working great for a while and then I may want to find out about it.
And the combination DAW / Plugin is important also, I know. That's what I base my purchases on, who doesn't?

I was annoyed that even though there is a 30 day demo you get the nag screen everytime you re-open a project that has the demo already used in it.
A period based demo should only need to be activated once for lets say 30 days imo.
And certainly not everytime you re-open a project.
I know some other demo's do work like this but they are mostly not 30 day demo's but limited in other ways, like saving disabled etc.
I want to rely as much as I can on the combination of DAW and plugins that I use.

No support for hiDPI displays?

Return to “Effects”