When will we see the first Virtual Reality DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cinebient wrote:Do you mean this here maybe?......
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/tun ... een-602645
I would hope that windows multi-touch takes off for music apps but iOS is miles ahead, even when the OS itself is crippled (but also comes with a lot things which are better).
That was the second link I posted but not the one I'm thinking of. Similar thing though.

I also highly disagree with iOS being miles ahead. This isn't 2002 anymore. Both platforms work very well in music production. Windows does however require a bit of tweaking when it's first setup whereas Macs are good right out of the box, but that has more to do with purpose and customizability than something being "better" than the other.

That said, I really don't want to turn this into another debate about platforms. The bottom line I was making is that the Microsoft Surface PC would be an incredible display for something like custom physical/software hybrid synthesis. I'm sure there will be more companies putting these devices out and it would be an amazing opportunity for a company like Native Instruments to partner with one and put out a system that would allow for that hybrid control surface to excel.

Googly Smythe wrote:I'm holding off for a full-blown holosuite, with a selection of classic studio programs ready to run... Complete with session musicians...
And groupies.

Don't forget the groupies.

:D

Already exists "SoundStage" for HTC Vive... Possibly Oculus Rift as well. I like it, but it's like learning all over again.

A VR daw would be silly.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”