What is your favorite small effects developer and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a good thread. There are a handful here that I have not yet checked out. Everyone that immediately came to my mind has been covered here. I know Melda was mentioned and semi-disqualified for price, but remember that he has a free bundle. I just see a lot of new products and updates coming from Voytech. His stuff has always polarized folks because of his GUI approach. You have to admit that he's friendly, works hard, and I think his stuff is outstanding, although I do get baffled by it occasionally. Think I'll check out Hornet. That name keeps popping here and I've missed that party so far...
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Didn't have time to read whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Unfiltered Audio yet?
Sandman the delay and looper is great. I've heard the gate is great too...

Tricky-Loops wrote:
quintosardo wrote:Is half the community those three who disappeared and now the community is happy again? :lol:
No one disappeared. You banned them in your sub forum...

I'm quite happy without you, I don't need your plugins and I won't recommend them to anyone anymore...

I'm happy to support Saverio/HoRNet and other friendly Italian developers but not you...
This is interesting... I like (or liked) SKnote's plugins. I think they are high quality (sound wise). And very good value.

But the devs communication skills are very poor (or none in my case). I remember a thread some time back where I defended him too. That was a tad naive on my part I'll admit.

My problem with SKnote are as follows:

A) The dev didn't respond to my emails. I was asking for updates for buggy software after I saw they had been released on KVR.
B) His interfaces don't work properly in S1.
C) Virtually no communication (for updates etc.).
D) No user area on the website - Unless I've been totally stupid and missed it. If so I apologize.

On the plus side, I like the products they (or he) makes. I've nothing personal against Quintisardo, but I do not think there is any point to buying his software anymore until such problems are rectified.

Oh, and the software interface bugs in S1 (I'm not sure if other DAWS have the same problems). So, until SKnote get their business plan sorted I'll not be spending any more money with them.

But back to the topic at hand (and in no particular order).

Sonimus:
Are definitely in my top 5. Stunning products! I can't wait for the 73 emulation incidentally. Britson and SonEQ Pro stand tall against products of a much higher price. Easy to get updates because there is a user area. Britson is used on all my projects (as well as BX_Saturater V2).

Hornet:
Are doing some really cool stuff (I'm was a bit late to the party to be honest). They seem to be making very useful little plugins at a very reasonable price. Again, like SKnote's plugs they sound very good. I really like the resonant filter they released recently (Hornet Filter Solo).

I actually would have bought the channel strip, but I've a few plugs that are already filling that role. Their track utility plugin has been immensely helpful. Unfortunately Studio One is a little bereft in that department.

Audio Thing.
Again high quality plugins with snappy updates. I love the Phase Motion (that's now my go to phaser) and Frostbite, which is a great creative set of effects rolled into one tasty interface. In fact they have some of the nicest interfaces around imo. MiniBit is a lot of fun too. Brings me back to my C64 days. :)

Looking forward to more from these guys. Friendly devs as well (very fast with tech support). But to be fair, it was me being dumb. :oops: Nevertheless they helped me pronto.

Valhalla DSP:
People might have seen that I've sold all mine recently (except for ubermod). I love Sean's reverbs and FX. But I've other reverbs that suit my production style so no need for me to double up.

Melda:
Has to be in here:
Outstanding plugins that are really great value. That man must never sleep! :) You can always get good deals if you watch the website, and there are free updates (and plugins too if you have certain bundles).
Okay there is a learning curve but once you get used to how one plugin works then you know them all. :D

I'm sure I've missed someone else...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Voxengo. I use the Tape from their Analogue bundle exclusively for that kind of saturation. The chorus from that bundle is also excellent, though to my ears it's generally meant to be used for heavy to over the top chorus effects. I sold all my other Tape emulations (Waves Kramer, Slate, several others) because I liked and used the Voxengo way more.
Ha ha suck it!

At the moment I am loving all of my SKNote products. Quinto has always given me great support. He makes really inspiring plugins. I have realistic expectations of the level of support he can provide, and so far I've never had a problem with the company. GTS39, C165a and now SDC are some of my favourite compressors ITB.

I'm also a big fan of Stillwell, Voxengo, Audio Damage and Eareckon. The C87 Strip is getting a lot of use at the moment.

Special mention also to TAL, tritik, Hornet and Shattered Glass Audio.

Nearly forgot - Sonimus. Amazing company. SonEQ and SonEQ Pro are both outstanding EQs. Top tip - SonEQ free's drive works wonders on bass, just a touch really helps it cut through the mix.

Return to “Effects”