Sonar X connection?

Official support for: autotheorybymozaic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone successfully connected Autotheory with any Sonar X series? If so, I'd love to learn how!

Thanks in advance!

I'll look into this. How far have you gotten into it?

Thank you for the reply. So I should be setting up AT as a MIDI controller, as well as just an input/output device, i.e., piano key MIDI signals? In other words, in Sonar, setting up as a controller is only to be able to use the knobs and sliders to control Sonar.

I did disable the MIDI device from going into Sonar, and both AT and Sonar receive the MIDI signals, but there is no MIDI coming through/from the synth (Kontakt 5, for example). This seems particularly weird, since the synth sits between AT and Sonar.

Do I select all of the AT channels as ins and outs in Sonar? I've tried as just ins and both ins and outs with same result.

I'm going to try again and will report back.

Thanks again for your response, I appreciate the help. I wonder if there is anyone who has successfully set AT up in Sonar who could help.

Ok, more weirdness. In both X3 and Platinum, if I open Autotheory before Sonar, Sonar won't detect my AUDIO drivers! If I close out both Sonar and AT, then reopen Sonar, Sonar does detect my audio driver (Aurora Lynx).

But if I open AT after Sonar, Sonar doesn't detect AT as a MIDI device!

I've tested this repeatedly with the same results.

Ok, now I tried opening AT, making sure the controller was checked, closed out of AT, opened Sonar, and it DID, this time, recognize the audio driver. Also, AT now shows up in devices!

I next reopened AT, made sure AT was receiving the MIDI signals, and pulled up Dimension Pro and set the MIDI input to AT. I loaded a preset and the MIDI data from my controller was detected, both in AT and the DP input.

However, I'm getting no sound!

You should be setting up AutoTheory as 8 different "midi devices". You should only check them as inputs, not as outputs. As far as the controllers/surfaces go, I'm not totally sure how that works. From what you say, it seems like it is only for knobs/sliders/transport? If so, the AutoTheory 1 channel carries all of that info. You would only need to activate AutoTheory 1, should you want that info to pass through.

I just rented Sonar, and I will put together a video tutorial.

Thanks for that, and I've been following the video procedure all along, with no luck. Does AT show up in device manager as virtual midi port? If so, could there be a conflict with another virtual midi port?

And does it matter whether I start AT or Sonar first? I'm getting different problems either way.

Do you have remote logon or phone assistance? I'm really anxious to use this.

The farthest I've gotten is for Sonar to recognize the midi signal, but not output any audio.

Return to “Mozaic Beats”