Serum vs. Nave?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave Serum

I have no personal experience of the soft e-licenser. I use the dongle since many years without any problems at all – so far, knock wood…

/Joxhim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I used Serum (Demo) for a while and Nave on my iPad for longer time (and made a lot of patches myself).

I think (of course just my meaning) that Nave sounds better (even on my iPad) but i still would prefer Serum because the workflow is much better for me with the drop and drag etc. The CPU is indeed too high but it looks soo sexy :hihi:

What i dislike a bit in this video is that it seems really exact the same engine as the iOS version. I have no problem to pay 150+ bucks for a great tool but not if it has no additional features compared to the iOS version, sorry. It comes with more sounds.... that's it. At least from what i heard in the video.
One for sure, booth are great developers but how i said...

For me the winner is Serum!

Serum because
1) no elic :hihi:
2) looks like it has more features and steve is working fast on expanding the features
3) the interface looks better

on the hand i hav not tried NAVE, hope it comes soon out and i dont need an elic to demo it.

You can use soft e-licenser to demo it. No need for an actual dongle.

waldorf could make a plugin that sound way more appealing to me than serum if it sound as good as their old hardware, depends on what its based i didn't check yet.
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

EvilDragon wrote:You can use soft e-licenser to demo it. No need for an actual dongle.
ohh thats what i wanted to know. i mean for example vengeance or refx makes it impossible to use soft elic to test their demos.
i will keep an eye on NAVE.

Ingonator wrote:The big question is: Does it even matter if Nave "replaces" Serum or not?

I got lots of wavetable synths (but not Serum while i tested the demo several times...) and all of them have their own basic sound character and feature sets.
Even along the Waldorf plugins like e.g. Nave, Largo and PPG Wave 3.V none of them could fully replace the others.

So actually i could ask the other way around: Does Serum replace Nave? My answer would be: NO.
Well, it might say something that I extensively demo'd Wavemapper and Wavegenerator and considered buying them, but then demo'd the Nave vst and completely forgot about buying the first two. Yes, Nave totally superceded those two in my opinion, making them not needed anytime in my future, period.

EvilDragon wrote:Nave is very different to Serum indeed.

It sounds EXCELLENT. Very in your face and clear. Different from Serum, yet still excellent.
I agree 100%. Nave has more of that classic Z3ta-sound, where the presets seem to jump out at you. As EvilDragon put it, in your face, quite clear in the oh-so-digital way.

However, Serum's sound is pretty awe-inspiring as well.
EvilDragon wrote:
MorpherX wrote:Nave has no chance against Serum, neither featurewhise nore soundwhise, it's even is not worth to mention it, and beside this Nave is dongle-ware.
I would advise not to buy Nave but serum, if someone should decide about the two.
Somebody should stop talking out of his ass without even trying the product.
Again, agreed. Sometimes it's best to even break the manual out before writing something so dismissive, saves one from seeming like a total dolt.
Ha ha suck it!

Return to “Instruments”