Serum vs. Nave?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave Serum

edited, nvm...
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ameyah Audio wrote:which protection is Nave using? i know waldorf used some elicensor crap.
or is it so easy like with serum, that you only enter the serial and you can start with the synth and have everything unlocked and can use it until the sun dies?
eLicenser, either USB dongle or soft eLicenser (with the license stored at your HD).

There was alraedy more than one page of discussion in the other Waldorf thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=135

If you want to do another endless eLicenser and/or dongles discussion please start a new thread like e.g. "Waldorf uses eLicenser protection and this sucks" or something similar.

Seriously I guess we had such discussions often enough now and it's no longer fun IMO.
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Nave sounds best. No competition.

IMHO, of course.

I have no personal experience of the sound its makes, you understand.

I'm referring to the sound of its name.

NAVE.

Taste it. Neijjjv.

Smooth, inviting diphtong, rolling over the tongue like a fine Chablis.

Serum. Ce-Rumm. Like a command: 'tenn-tion!'

Nave sounds best.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Ingonator wrote:
Ameyah Audio wrote:which protection is Nave using? i know waldorf used some elicensor crap.
or is it so easy like with serum, that you only enter the serial and you can start with the synth and have everything unlocked and can use it until the sun dies?
eLicenser, either USB dongle or soft eLicenser (with the license stored at your HD).

There was alraedy more than one page of discussion in the other Waldorf thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=135

If you want to do another endless eLicenser and/or dongles discussion please start a new thread like e.g. "Waldorf uses eLicenser protection and this sucks" or something similar.
I gues we had such discussions often enough now and it's no longer fun IMO.
no no just wanted to know. then im out of this :? what a shame.
well fine.

Spitfire31 wrote:Nave sounds best. No competition.

IMHO, of course.

NAVE.

Taste it. Neijjjv.

Nave sounds best.

/Joachim
Best post ever! :D
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

Probably e licenser. I don't do dongs. I refuse to suck a dong to borrow a piece of kit at full price. I feel like I'm being pimped. I was skeptical to say the least about e licenser. I have had no problems though and it's worked flawlessly. I hardly notice it's there at all. I don't know if it would become more cumbersome or resource hogging if I started to add more e licenser kit though. It might start to cause problems...but with just the one item...I don't notice it at all.

Dasheesh wrote: I don't know if it would become more cumbersome or resource hogging if I started to add more e licenser kit though. It might start to cause problems...but with just the one item...I don't notice it at all.
I have more than 10 licenses on mine (from Steinberg, Waldorf and Xils Lab) and no problems here since years.
Actually there are even more from Arturia and Korg but those are no longer needed now (except if i install the old versions of their plugins again).
Ingo Weidner

Spitfire31 wrote:Nave sounds best. No competition.

IMHO, of course.

NAVE.

Taste it. Neijjjv.

Nave sounds best.

/Joachim
Everything sounds terrbile in German. Waiting for official video ad.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

afaik you can also use the software of the elicenser for NAVE, no dongle needed? i didnt want to re-check the vid ;), didnt know that it is possible now, cause i have to recheck my elicenser licenses so i can transfer off the dongle.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yeah you can do that.

EvilDragon wrote:Yeah you can do that.
wow, must have changed and i didnt read that.......

nexus2, korg collection and hypersonic 2 afaik i got on there.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

NAVE seems tempting cuz of its low CPU usage (as reported). Serum is a cool synth, but too things are not good for me 1) It's useless on my laptop because of CPU loading. 2) I will be tempted to mess with wavetables editing and porobaly lose productivity.

Nave in the other hand has a dongle. So i don't need either. Waiting for Zebra 3 :)

Igro wrote:Nave in the other hand has a dongle. So i don't need either. Waiting for Zebra 3 :)
Didn't you read the three posts before yours? :roll:

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
Igro wrote:Nave in the other hand has a dongle. So i don't need either. Waiting for Zebra 3 :)
Didn't you read the three posts before yours? :roll:

Joachim
Well, i know they've got this software licensing too. But i don't know how reliable it is. Could you help with explanation please? :)
Last edited by Igro on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

Return to “Instruments”