My mixing and mastering portfolio for 2014

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As Drumity has a thread with his portfolio work I thought I would put mine up for all to hear at KVR :D

These are tracks I mixed and mastered - I mostly ended up mixing very top 40 style pop last year for some reason. Having mixed all different styles I would say it ranks among the toughest as the standards are so high (I really sweated over some of these mixes!) and the track counts are insane sometimes - you have to measure up to what's currently coming out of prime time radio.

https://soundcloud.com/loz-grover/mixing-portfolio-1

These are tracks I mastered. The artists here include Ulrich Schnauss, Richard Devine, 808 State, Ceephax Acid Crew, Luke Slater, Robert Leiner and Wisp.

https://soundcloud.com/loz-grover/mastering-portfolio-1

I'm going to be working with many more high level electronic musicians in 2015 so watch this space! 8)
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I've only listened to the mixing selection so far and at a fairly low volume, but it sounds very clean and radio-friendly to me, so I would say "mission accomplished". Did any of these achieve any commercial success? Will you be getting that Ferrari anytime soon (assuming that you haven't got one already)?

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I've only listened to the mixing selection so far and at a fairly low volume, but it sounds very clean and radio-friendly to me, so I would say "mission accomplished". Did any of these achieve any commercial success? Will you be getting that Ferrari anytime soon (assuming that you haven't got one already)?

Good work :)
Hey Tim :) sorry - only just saw this post. Thanks for the kind words. Well, no - not yet at least. These are all for producers who write for various commercial acts. I think a lot of these track go into catalogues ready for re-recording with the right artists at the right time if that makes sense - so they are essentially high profile demos. I think that most of the performers on these tracks are session singers/musicians (I say 'think' as some of the people I work for - quite rightly - don't give much away). Man, your Ferrari comment couldn't be further from the truth right now - struggling to pay the bills atm :lol: Gotta keep laughin' to keep from cryin' :lol:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Music Cafe”