Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

dreamkeeper wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I also heard that the granular synthesis could be used on not just samples but also the synth oscillators. I wonder what that would be like. I'm struggling to understand how that would be useful in oscillators since oscillators have a constant tone where the looping aspect is smaller than a granular loop would be. None the less, interested.
Did you ever use Absynth's cloud filter? Should be similar... and very useful.
I'm sure I've used without knowing what it does. So the cloud filter some kind of granular processing on the signal?

This month is probably going to seem very slow as we get closer to the 30th. I hope Eric surprises us all with an earlier release. :)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:So the cloud filter some kind of granular processing on the signal?
As far as I can tell, it's a granular effect in the signal path - polyphonic and in stereo. I seem to recall, that Brian Clevinger described it as a kind of light version of the aetherizer FX.

It's certainly worth it to take a closer look at. It can act like a sort of chorus or ensemble effect or totally mess up the signal. Though it can't reverse or "scratch" through the audio - so it will be interesting to see, what Omni2's granular can do with the DSP-sgnal.
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

I rather doubt it, Spectrasonics seem to be the sort of company that would stick to what they have said about this, it will not be early or late, it will be when they say it will be.

Just pre-ordered the download via best service for 179€ (standard upgrade 199€ minus 20€ for a promo-code they had for every product you bought until end of march). Happy i did it because no easter sale to find elsewhere for this ;) I'm also scared that the price could raise up because of the falling €. Zebra 2 and others already gone up in a few months about 20-25% in price :o
The bad thing.... 4 weeks to wait :cry:

...working on collecting my own field recordings and creating sound sources with other tools to feed this beast very soon :)

is there some upgrade offer somewhere? 179 Euros is a great price, sadly i have no code :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

So far i saw nothing under 199€ (incl. vat)... at least from germany.

Hi All

Any good prices for uk customers for Omni 1?

thanks

Maybe look here....

http://www.timespace.com/product/OMNI-1 ... phere.html

...seems a good offer plus additional free patches.

noiseboyuk wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:Hey Eric, why not start the sales.....Sooner? :)
I know they're still flat out, and now in beta testing. They locked the soundsources a few weeks ago - about 2,000 new ones I think it was - and they're now in the glitch-catching and patch-creation phase. Can't see them suddenly deciding to bring the release forward...
I don't think we mean release it sooner. We're talking about letting us do a pre-order. At least I am.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Funny, I was thinking I might buy a Prophet 12 module and I just spent an hour playing with Omnisphere 1 and thought, "No way could the Prophet 12 be as good as this."

"Full matrix modulation of every effects slot."

That s' is going to be HUUUUUUUUUGE.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Cinebient wrote:Maybe look here....

http://www.timespace.com/product/OMNI-1 ... phere.html

...seems a good offer plus additional free patches.
Thanks. I still have to justify spending that amount :(
I really want to buy it but the funds are low.

Has there been a price stated for omnisphere 2 as of yet?

Wondering does the free upgrade period end may 1st or the end of may?

Got to work out funds.

spidergod wrote:Has there been a price stated for omnisphere 2 as of yet?

Got to work out funds.
Omnisphere 2 is $499 US, the same as Omnisphere 1. Upgrade from 1 to 2 is $249, unless you buy 1 after 2 was announced, then it's free. I don't know if there is a time limit on the free upgrade, as long as you purchased Omni 1 between Omni 2's announcement last NAMM and its release April 30.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

DocAtlas wrote:
spidergod wrote:Has there been a price stated for omnisphere 2 as of yet?

Got to work out funds.
Omnisphere 2 is $499 US, the same as Omnisphere 1. Upgrade from 1 to 2 is $249, unless you buy 1 after 2 was announced, then it's free. I don't know if there is a time limit on the free upgrade, as long as you purchased Omni 1 between Omni 2's announcement last NAMM and its release April 30.

I have noticed on spectrasonics site it says the free upgrade ends in may, not sure if that is the 1st of may or until the end of may.

Return to “Instruments”