Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

des wrote:Okay I found it! The actual O2 Reference guide...at least its there for now.

I logged into my account. Went to the products page for O2. Seleceted the FAQ . Then I scrolled all the way to the bottom and there was the link...

Really..... :roll:

Is it necessary to make it that difficult to find the reference manual? Why not just provide a link right on the auth/update page? Better yet...INCLUDE IT WITH THE PROGRAM. :x
Are you trolling? It says reference guide right there in the utility menu of Omisphere's interface.

Nope not trolling. I needed to get to the manual the other day and clicked on the link in the interface and it took me to the site where I logged on. Arrived at the update/authorization page. No sign of the manual anywhere. Thought I did something wrong and tried it again...same thing. Shot a message off to Spectrasonics and got a message back with a link. Clicked the link and same thing. Normally when you click a link that takes you to a site that you need to be logged into, you arrive, log in, and continue to the page you were going to. I thought this was the way it worked when I first installed O2, but it had been a while since I had accessed the manual from O2.

So, getting rather frustrated I started looking around the site. I went where _emanon_ said he found a manual and indeed it was there, but it was for the original Omnisphere. I kept looking and came across the link at the bottom of the Product page..

I think it should be easier to find the user manual then this. Maybe their links got messed up with the last update...I don't know. It should be included with the software and not on a website a customer may not have access to all the time. Does a copy come in the box or on disc? My version was the update download and as best as I can tell no manual came with it.
Dave

The link from the plugin is working fine for me.

The FREE Atari Avalon soundset by Plughugger for Omni 2 that just hit looks pretty fanciful. Just thought I would throw that in the mix. His sound set "The World of Sin" is one of my favorites ever from anybody.
Who is "I"? What is "I"? This has yet to be explained.

Des - sounds like you need to update the plugin. From memory 2.0 was an online link only, but that was updated in a week or two to include a local version. 2.1 is snappier all round and has a few welcome improvements, even if the tagging problems remain.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

aMUSEd - so when you click your link you go to a sign in page and once signed in you then go right to the manual? Hmmm. wonder if my account page at Spectrasonics is messed up...

noiseboyuk - I'm running the latest version. I haven't been looking into too many of the new features but it does seem to load quicker. Everytime I start up my system when O2 comes up with its splash screen I tell it to check for updates. You mentioned having a local version of the manual...which directory is it in? Did you buy new or do the upgrade?
Dave

I compiled a pdf version of the manual from the webpages - I hope Spectrasonics don't mind me posting it but I will take it down if they do - it's exactly what you get when you use the print view in the online manual - I just merged the pages into one file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/obmu2adbsfbgf ... l.pdf?dl=0

des wrote:noiseboyuk - I'm running the latest version. I haven't been looking into too many of the new features but it does seem to load quicker. Everytime I start up my system when O2 comes up with its splash screen I tell it to check for updates. You mentioned having a local version of the manual...which directory is it in? Did you buy new or do the upgrade?
Well that's embarrassing, I appear to have mis-remembered. I downloaded the manual, and the one in the plugin is a weblink. That's crazy, they should definitely have it locally - doubly crazy since there is an old and irrelevant local copy for 1.x.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

cool, I found the v2 manual where des pointed - first time looking at the v2 manual :)

and kudos to aMUSEd for compiling the pdf! It'll be my goto reference for many years to come.

thanks!

aMUSEd wrote:I compiled a pdf version of the manual from the webpages - I hope Spectrasonics don't mind me posting it but I will take it down if they do - it's exactly what you get when you use the print view in the online manual - I just merged the pages into one file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/obmu2adbsfbgf ... l.pdf?dl=0
Thank you, very kind of you. :tu:
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

noise oyuk - lol I know what you mean about 'mis-remembering' things....seems like the older I get the more often that happens :)

As for having the Omnisphere 1 manual...still a good idea as I'm sure there are those who haven't updated...

aMUSEd - thank you for doing this!
Dave

Hi guys,

I rebuilt my DAW PC a few months ago but did not do anything to get Omnisphere up and running.

I have a long weekend and am planning to reinstall Omnisphere 1 from the DVDs and buy the upgrade. Am I correct in thinking the proper order for this is:

Buy and initiate download of V2 upgrade -> Install and re-activate V1 from DVDs -> install updates to V1 -> install and activate V2 upgrade?
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:Hi guys,

I rebuilt my DAW PC a few months ago but did not do anything to get Omnisphere up and running.

I have a long weekend and am planning to reinstall Omnisphere 1 from the DVDs and buy the upgrade. Am I correct in thinking the proper order for this is:

Buy and initiate download of V2 upgrade -> Install and re-activate V1 from DVDs -> install updates to V1 -> install and activate V2 upgrade?
Yep, that's how I did it.

1. Buy and start downloading the V2 upgrade (it's about 18GB)
2. Install V1 from DVD
3. Authorize online V1
3. Install all V1.x upgrades
4. Unpack the V2 upgrader, follow the instructions in the included readme to install V2
5. Authorize online V2
6. Install v2.1x upgrade

It's gonna take a while. I recommend watching a movie while swapping those DVDs. :)

One last thing: make sure to SAVE THE UPGRADE DOWNLOAD to an external hard drive/USB key. Spectra doesn't let you download it more than once. I took and old 64GB SSD I had and copied it onto it and placed the SSD inside my omnisphere box just in case I lose my main hard drive.
Feel free to call me Brian.

bmrzycki wrote:
Gribs wrote:Hi guys,

Yep, that's how I did it.

1. Buy and start downloading the V2 upgrade (it's about 18GB)
2. Install V1 from DVD
3. Authorize online V1
3. Install all V1.x upgrades
4. Unpack the V2 upgrader, follow the instructions in the included readme to install V2
5. Authorize online V2
6. Install v2.1x upgrade

It's gonna take a while. I recommend watching a movie while swapping those DVDs. :)

One last thing: make sure to SAVE THE UPGRADE DOWNLOAD to an external hard drive/USB key. Spectra doesn't let you download it more than once. I took and old 64GB SSD I had and copied it onto it and placed the SSD inside my omnisphere box just in case I lose my main hard drive.
LOL, thanks :)

I keep all of my sample libraries on a separate hard drive from my boot/OS drive including the STEAM library, so I did not have to load all the DVDs. I remember doing that the first time - yikes it was long. For some reason it seemed longer than installing any of the Komplete versions. It turns out that I also had the most recent Omni V1 updates saved as well. I keep a "Downloads Backups" folder for that sort of thing - nothing like having a large tower case and a couple big disks. Actually, it is probably time to add a new disk. I have to look at price/TB and performance.

So V2 is downloading. That is the time-killer. 1 hour and 8 mins left.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Anyone knows how to remove an imported patch library out of the shared folder?
I tryed it with my own patches and i could remove the soundsources and patches from the steam folder but i still have now all the empty patches in the shared folder browser. Can´t remove them whatever i do.

Return to “Instruments”