Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Last edited by stikygum on Thu May 07, 2015 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yeah, the update is insane. I'm laughing at all the people who have called Omnisphere JUST a rompler.

Can't wait until 4/30. Hopefully, I'll have my IRS refund by then.

wagtunes wrote:I'm laughing at all the people who have called Omnisphere JUST a rompler.

load your own samples in the current version....go on.

I was pretty darn sure it would appear before Omnisphere 3, and whaddayaknow it did! :borg:

Well, it was just a rompler.
Apparently, Eric HAS been listening and it appears everything I've been disappointed with in the first version has been upgraded.

Definitely on my list to thoroughly check out as soon as it is released.
(Hope it meets their April date or before),

Nice work Eric! :tu:

A really huge update with useful features for sound designers. Lock parameters, wavetable expansions, wave import. Awesome!!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Instant buy for me. The 'lock' feature is brilliant. Loading audio is what I wanted since Omni 1 and it's finally here with a bunch of other synthesis options now. It's sweet we have wavetables to work with. But the side file browser will be so nice. And having the modulation source pop up on the side is fantastic. I'm going to love that.

There is something to be said for sound expansion and options, but I'm really glad they also focused on workflow with this version.
Yeah I think I freaked when I saw the video outside the thread I had to post it. And that other thread is going nuts, can't even keep up with it. I think most of those posts will get lost, that thread is going os fast. :P

Omnisphere 2 seems a better fit than any news on spectrasonics. Omnisphere 2 needs its own thread!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Does anyone know if it's still boxed only?

kuzami wrote:Does anyone know if it's still boxed only?
yeah i would like conformation on this
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Could be interesting.

afaik there's going to be a download option too

My 2 biggest wishes were granted.

1) Reverse samples.

2) Pitched stalactites. No, seriously. Ever since I found out about the stalacpipe organ at the Luray Caverns in Virginia, I've wanted someone to sample it. I even wrote to Eric about this, thinking it was an original idea. He informed me he'd wanted to sample it for years! Congratulations, Eric, on making tuned stalactites part of Omni 2!

Sample import, new soundsources and patches are also all super sweet.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Upload your own audio now?!? I'm in!

Return to “Instruments”