SFZ Designer Project (0.25)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
sforzando SFZ Designer

Does anyone have suggestions for funding? :ud:

Once its smoothed out , you could go commercial. Set up a paypal account and you are golden.

muslimpunk wrote:Once its smoothed out , you could go commercial. Set up a paypal account and you are golden.
While I did say early on that nothing is final about whether I plan to sell it eventually or not, I feel happy about it being free. But I know I also have to think about some form of monetization so I can keep developing it. I'm thinking of offering some features as paid add-ons. Do you think this is fair?

I've had a lot of admiration for the TDR free vs. "Gentleman's Edition" model.. free version lets you really test/hear what the tool is capable of, which makes the notion of expanded capability for a nominal price much more sorely tempting... perhaps something like that is the way to go.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

ccDuckett wrote:I've had a lot of admiration for the TDR free vs. "Gentleman's Edition" model.. free version lets you really test/hear what the tool is capable of, which makes the notion of expanded capability for a nominal price much more sorely tempting... perhaps something like that is the way to go.
Early on in this topic when musicalgym asked about the price, I mentioned that I'm considering a free-for-personal-use vs. paid-for-commercial-use model. But I'd really like it to be simpler than that.

I can consider a free vs. 'plus' model. And it would work well too with the way it's currently named/advertised on my site - SFZ Designer Free. The paid version can be called 'SFZ Designer Plus' or something like that.

If I go this route I need to reserve some 'ace' features for the plus version.

Or... both can have the same feature set but the 'plus' version will have more options. For example, the free version automapper can have a fixed naming convention, while in the 'plus' automapper you can specify your own naming convention with variables and prefixes/suffixes.

I've uploaded another update - 0.25 Beta

-'single' trigger mode now exports correctly. hikey and lokey are now assigned the same value as pitch_keycenter during export when single switch is on.

-added version checker. Program will notify you (in-app, no background process) if there's a critical update. Minor updates will not trigger an auto-notification. You can manually check if there's a new update from the menu (checks both minor and critical updates).

No automapper yet, but the framework is in this build already. Just a quick fix for the 'single' switch. Automapper will be in the next update (again, sorry). :wink:

Download:
http://mildon.me/sfzdesigner

I've decided SFZ Designer is gonna stay freeware.

Thank you, Mildon.

Very very kind of you. Thank you Mildon!

The Windows 64 bit version does not run on my Windows 8.1 system. When I double-click the icon or right-click and choose Run or Run as administrator, nothing happens. When I look in Task Manager, I do not see any programs running that indicate that it has started.

Is it just me?

Jake Jackson wrote:The Windows 64 bit version does not run on my Windows 8.1 system. When I double-click the icon or right-click and choose Run or Run as administrator, nothing happens. When I look in Task Manager, I do not see any programs running that indicate that it has started.

Is it just me?
Hi, I've re-downloaded and re-installed the setup file from the site, and everything seems to be in order. The program runs fine also after install. I'm on Windows 7 so it could be a Windows 8 issue. I hope we can find out what's causing this in your case.

Have you tried the 32-bit version?

I've asked some users who have emailed me before to see if anyone is on Windows 8.1, and luckily one of them is. The program seems to be working on his machine, so it could be a local issue. Can you tell us where you installed the program? thanks.

I installed it in the default location: Program Files\SFZDesigner. I also uninstalled the previous versions. These, too, did not run.

Could be a dependency issue, but I'm not sure. I'll try to make another build and include some of its dependencies (which normally come with Windows). I'll post back here when it's ready. Thanks.
Last edited by mildonm on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jake Jackson wrote:I installed it in the default location: Program Files\SFZDesigner. I also uninstalled the previous versions. These, too, did not run.
Hi, can you try this:
http://mildon.me/alpha/sfzd025b.zip

Unzip the files to a different folder (not the install directory) and run 'sfz designer 0.25b.exe'

Please let me know if it fails to start too.

Mildon

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”