SFZ Designer Project (0.25)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
sforzando SFZ Designer

Dúnedain wrote:Will it have a Soundfont to sfz converter?
Hi, at the moment I don't have plans to support soundfonts (.sf2). You might want to check out Extreme Sample Converter. It can convert sf2 to sfz and other formats. :)

muslimpunk wrote:
mildonm wrote: Right now I'm working on the automapper, as that's the most requested feature so far.
Yes please : both for velocities and round robins.

Fantastic work till now ! Thanks a lot for this !
Thanks. I've just released a new update 0.23 Beta, which fixes some bugs including file-loading via drag n' drop, and AmpeG export. More details here:

http://mildon.me/beagle.php?b=view&id=STBH

Automapper is coming in the next update. And yes, with velocities and round-robin support. Not long now. :)

mildonm wrote:
Dúnedain wrote:Will it have a Soundfont to sfz converter?
Hi, at the moment I don't have plans to support soundfonts (.sf2). You might want to check out Extreme Sample Converter. It can convert sf2 to sfz and other formats. :)
sforzando imports SF2's and converts them to SFZ's on the fly. the conversion is not 100%, but nothing ever is.
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
https://plogue.com

Cough.... Multiple Outputs...Cough

:D

I've added drag n' drop audio file import in 0.25. This feature will be in the next update. Here's a video preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FH4vgDDDbQ

Sorry for this rather dumb question, but how do I install a new beta / update ?
-Do I uninstall the previous version and install the new one ?
OR
- Do I install on top of it (like the TX16WX or Reaper new versions) ?

muslimpunk wrote:Sorry for this rather dumb question, but how do I install a new beta / update ?
-Do I uninstall the previous version and install the new one ?
OR
- Do I install on top of it (like the TX16WX or Reaper new versions) ?
You can just install the new one. If you changed the destination directory in your first install, just make sure to choose the same directory if you want to install on top of the first one. Although it's safe to install multiple copies/different versions in the same machine if you want to.

mildonm wrote: You can just install the new one. If you changed the destination directory in your first install, just make sure to choose the same directory if you want to install on top of the first one. Although it's safe to install multiple copies/different versions in the same machine if you want to.
Thank you ! Works like a charm...

Is there a limit to the max. number velocity layers or round robins at present ?

muslimpunk wrote:
mildonm wrote: You can just install the new one. If you changed the destination directory in your first install, just make sure to choose the same directory if you want to install on top of the first one. Although it's safe to install multiple copies/different versions in the same machine if you want to.

Is there a limit to the max. number velocity layers or round robins at present ?
The limit is at 8. This might not change soon. :)

*edit*

velocities - 8 layers
round robin - unlimited
Last edited by mildonm on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

mildonm wrote:
muslimpunk wrote:

The limit is at 8. This might not change soon. :)
Oh sorry, I misread your message.

Round robins - no limit.
Velocities - 8 layers.

Thanks ! So the max vel layers will stay at 8 then ..?

muslimpunk wrote:Thanks ! So the max vel layers will stay at 8 then ..?
for the foreseeable future, yeah, unless lots of people really need more. I might be wrong, but I think 8 is enough for most users. Also, the gui I made won't let me add more cuz it will get too crowded in the velocity mapper area :dog:. If I want to add more I need to adjust the gui too. hehe. my bad.

Eight layers work pretty well, especially when you have unlimited round robins. :)

May you code long and loud !

muslimpunk wrote:Eight layers work pretty well, especially when you have unlimited round robins. :)

Yeah, thanks. So the automapper will prioritize higher velocities if it detects more than 8 in a group.

mildonm wrote:
muslimpunk wrote:Eight layers work pretty well, especially when you have unlimited round robins. :)

Yeah, thanks. So the automapper will prioritize higher velocities if it detects more than 8 in a group.
Yeah, its a great suggestion for default behaviour. Any further tweaking can be done manually.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”