Waldorf Music at NAMM 2015: Nave for PC/Mac, Waldorf Edition 2, Attack for iOS, nw1 Eurorack module

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Thanks Igonator for keeping us up to date and helping out with all of this, sounds like Waldorf is being fairly proactive - looking forward to getting the update when it is ready.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Just received an updated Attack 2 Plugin that seems to load old fxp Kit files properly in Version 2, including correct Delay settings. I am currently checking the old and new plugin side by side (using the same fxp files) and so far it seems to work nicely.
cheers for that.
Here are all Waldorf Edition 2 presets (all 3 plugins) including the corrected Attack Kits for Version 2 (Delay parameters fixed):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... %20AAX.zip

This inlcludes presets as fxp/fxb for VSt2, *.vstpreset for VST3, *.tfx for AAX and also for VST2 in Bitwig format (Bitwig does not support loading/saving fxp/fxb yet).

Attack Kits were imported and re-saved with Version 2. With the VST3, AAX and also the VST2 in Bitwig Studio the fxp/fxb files were imported by drag & drop from the Windows Explorer.

The VST3, AAX and Bitwig Preset locations at Windows 7 are:

VST3 Presets (*.vstpreset files) are found at:
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\VST3 Presets\Waldorf\Attack
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\VST3 Presets\Waldorf\D-Pole
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\VST3 Presets\Waldorf\PPG Wave 2_V

AAX Presets (*.tfx files) for Pro Tools 11 are found at:
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\Attack
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\D-Pole
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\PPG Wave 2.V

The locations for Bitwig Studio Presets (*.bwpreset files) are found at:
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Library\Presets\Attack
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Library\Presets\D-Pole
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Library\Presets\PPG Wave 2.V

If no presets were saved in those formats the folder either have to be created manually or a preset is saved in the plugin which then creates that folder.

UPDATE:
I manually corrected some kits to use only 2 audio outputs as more are not bnecessary for kits imported from Version 1.
Kits created in Version 2 could contain effects with 6 different settings or 6 different effects.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

For customers that are waiting for update of the Waldorf Edition 2:

I could confirm we are all working very hard to do necessary bug fixes and some were alraedy implemented in a new testing installer.
Currently also certain steps to improve the quality of our testing are done. I could not speak about details there.

Remaining problems are in parts also different depending on which combination of OS, host and plugin format you use (for example some do not appear in Windows).

Same is true for possible fixes for older plugins but at the moment Waldorf Edition 2 and also the Nave plugin have the highest priorities.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Any ETA for NAVE?
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:Any ETA for NAVE?
Official details about the status of Nave plugin testing here:
https://twitter.com/nlogmusic
Ingo Weidner

We have done changes to our bug reporting system for the testers now.

I already added some additional Waldorf Edition 2 bugs there, also those that were posted in dedicated threads such as Cut off notes with PPG 2.V in OSX, broken Random feature in PPG 2.V and problems with using Chainer as a host.
Ingo Weidner

Currently we are still working hard on updates for Waldorf Edition 2 (where some are already done) and also try to find possible new bugs that were not reported yet.
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Just a heads up, but I found a bug with the AU version of the PPG when using it in multi-layer mode in Ableton live.

I can send notes to the VST version from a different set of midi channels and it will play the notes back on the respective layer, but i cannot automate the controls for the other 7 layers from the 1st channel. This works in the VST version just fine.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Cheers,
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Just a heads up, but I found a bug with the AU version of the PPG when using it in multi-layer mode in Ableton live.

I can send notes to the VST version from a different set of midi channels and it will play the notes back on the respective layer, but i cannot automate the controls for the other 7 layers from the 1st channel. This works in the VST version just fine.

Hopefully this makes sense.
Hi,

not sure if i understand this correctly. Could you give a simple procedure based on a new instance of the plugin?
So the problem does only happen in AU but not in VST?

Could you please give more details about the OS and host used like e.g. exact version numbers?
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:We have done changes to our bug reporting system for the testers now.

I already added some additional Waldorf Edition 2 bugs there, also those that were posted in dedicated threads such as Cut off notes with PPG 2.V in OSX, broken Random feature in PPG 2.V and problems with using Chainer as a host.

:hug:

And what about that overly dark new GUI (PPG)?

I suffer from migraine and I have to crank up my monitor to an uncomfortable level of brightness to distinguish anything. Also the readability of the parameter menus such as 'Digi' etc. should be improved. Needs more contrast!

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

In an update i checked yesterday (current updates are still in Beta, not official yet AFAIK) the Random feature in PPG Wave 2.V finally seems to work after several years (at least on Windows where i tested)... :party: :hyper:
Ingo Weidner

Will users be notified of the official new release versions? Thought I'd ask since some companies don't bother informing their customers. I can't remember how Waldorf handle things in this regard. Cheers! :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Will users be notified of the official new release versions? Thought I'd ask since some companies don't bother informing their customers. I can't remember how Waldorf handle things in this regard. Cheers! :)
Hi,
i do not know the exact procedure yet but two options are possible:
Updates are sent via E-Mail or updates will be added to the official Waldorf Website (like with e.g. Largo, PPG Wave 3.V, Waldorf Edition v1 and Lector).

Usually new official updates are announced at the Waldorf Facebook page (as you could see for some recent updates):
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

Informations about the status of the Nave PC/Mac plugin are found here:
https://twitter.com/nlogmusic
Ingo Weidner

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on the FaceBook page so. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

For those that want to meet me (or other Waldorf guys) in person:
Like in the last years i am also at the Musikmesse 2015, at Friday April 17th. Mostly i'll be at the Waldorf booth (Hall 5.1, booth B88A) but of course will also check some other stuff.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”