2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Wanterkeelt wrote:Andrew, the new beta works flawlessly on my i7 3930K, Win7, Reaper 5.2 so far. Great job !

You mentioned somewhere that you recommend to set buffer size to AUTO, but what about Multithreading ? Does Multithread 25% mean it will use 25% of the number of cores of the CPU ? I simply went 100% and it seems to distribute the calculations on all cores +- equally. Right ?
Yes, the Multi-threading preference is measured as a "percentage of available cores". If you have an 8-core system and select 25%, KS will use 8 * 0.25 = 2 threads, (which the OS/host should schedule on two separate cores). 50% would be 4 threads in this case. etc.

100% is usually a good choice for normal use, as it will avoid putting too much stress on a single core. But, there is some degree of overhead to split things into threads and then recombine them. So in some cases "threading more than you need to" is not completely ideal. For example if you are using a ton of KS instances in a DAW all at the same time, you can get a few more instances by using 25% or 50% and keeping most of the processing of each instance on a few number of cores since the host will spread the load of all the KS instances over the available cores. i.e. there is less sense to heavily thread single instances when the host itself will thread the collection of multiple instances...

If you are bouncing/freezing a single KS track within a project, you should keep OFFLINE set to 100% since during the export the only thing that is happening is the single-instance KS processing so you want KS to use as much of your CPU resources as possible so that render time is a fast as possible...

Keeping everything set to 100% is good bet, and if you like you can experiment with 25 or 50% for realtime depending on how complex your host project is and what else is going on in it. When in doubt, just keep everything at 100%.

Keeping things at 100% may also help prevent error messages in Logic when changing some parameters...

Thanks for the quick reply !

New Age delight, 2 instances of KS (version 1.1.0) processing whispering voices, one of them also processing some dark rumbling noise, some feedbacked grain clouds added with MXXX in the mix, external reverb is Reverbical for the Kaleidoscopes and B2 for the dry whispering (send automated pre-fader):

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -patchpool

According to 2CAudio's e-mail, Kaleidoscope 1.1 is officially out. Were there any changes since the latest beta ? Or is it the same ?

Wanterkeelt wrote:According to 2CAudio's e-mail, Kaleidoscope 1.1 is officially out. Were there any changes since the latest beta ? Or is it the same ?
b479 is the final version for 1.1.0 .

check on the info page of the GUI for what build number you have. If it's not b479 you can re-download and re-install. If you have b479 you have the final/official 1.1.0 version. :tu:

I'm happy Andrew :) Finally I can use the plugin normally without big issues of the CPU :)
Thanks for the update
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Galbanum wrote:
Wanterkeelt wrote:According to 2CAudio's e-mail, Kaleidoscope 1.1 is officially out. Were there any changes since the latest beta ? Or is it the same ?

check on the info page of the GUI for what build number you have. If it's not b479 you can re-download and re-install. If you have b479 you have the final/official 1.1.0 version. :tu:
I just redownloaded from the store and Kaleidoscope is reporting B477 on the info screen. Is there a trick? Thanks!

jeremydb wrote:
Galbanum wrote:

I just redownloaded from the store and Kaleidoscope is reporting B477 on the info screen. Is there a trick? Thanks!
The Mac version says 479. Did you quit your DAW before reinstalling?

Of course. The OSX .mpkg is dated 12.6.2016, 17:09 and I downloaded it this morning from the store site. I also removed all of the plugins/support folder by hand and performed the install. The versions in the archive I downloaded from the store are B477.

jeremydb wrote:Of course. The OSX .mpkg is dated 12.6.2016, 17:09 and I downloaded it this morning from the store site. I also removed all of the plugins/support folder by hand and performed the install. The versions in the archive I downloaded from the store are B477.

The dates match with mine but my version number is 479, image attached.
KS Version.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks, I see the problem. The 32-bit versions of the plugins are still at B477. 64-bit is correct at B479.

Mac AU version here, and both 32&64 bit versions are the same B479.

jeremydb wrote:Of course. The OSX .mpkg is dated 12.6.2016, 17:09 and I downloaded it this morning from the store site. I also removed all of the plugins/support folder by hand and performed the install. The versions in the archive I downloaded from the store are B477.

Maybe you have a host application open during install, and this blocked the installer from copying the latest file? Be sure to quit all audio apps, and then try the installer again. Any change?

Nope. a) everything is closed and b) I deleted the plugins before installing. New versions installed, 32-bit reporting B477.

No my installed .mpkg is dated 12.6.2016 , 18:09. creation date.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”